Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This may not be an answer you're looking for, but you can do this with the Curse Voice launcher... after you have a profile loaded, when an update is released the icon will show a little symbol at the top that looks like an underscore with a downward arrow on top of it. If you put your mouse on the icon without clicking, the Orange "Play" button will appear and underneath that will be an "Update Pack" selection.

Click the "Update" selection and the pack will update without starting to play. I do this because I like to add both "Iguanas Tinkers Tweaks" and "Veinminer" to both Direwolf20 and Infinity before I start playing.

I think if a pack is recommended it will ask if you want to update when you click the Play button without giving you a chance to add other mods.

I like to run beta packs so I have my profile settings changed from Recommended to Beta... In that case you have to manually perform the update as indicated above. You will have to re-add your additional mods, but at least it keeps the previous keybindings :D
Thanks, your use-case is almost identical to mine. I suspect one day I'll be forced to check out the Curse launcher, so its good to know its got some benefits.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks, your use-case is almost identical to mine. I suspect one day I'll be forced to check out the Curse launcher, so its good to know its got some benefits.

I haven't checked yet but JadedCat sent a tweet showing that the "Export Profile" option was added at least to her in-house beta version... I'm hoping that will keep track of the current version of packs plus the additions we make to the mod list.

It will be nice to import our own profiles and not have to add to them :D

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I do like the Curse voice launcher. But it is missing two main functions that exist on the current launcher. One is upgrade/download an existing instance of a pack. It is easy to create a new instance of the version you want but you can't change the version of an existing instance. All you can do is update it when they become available. The second is the ability to force re-load of an instance. This becomes an issue because Journey map, waypoints, custom key binding, etc. are client side only and are stored in the instance.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there an item in Infinity 1.8.2 like the Emperor's Chalice from Ultimate? It's really annoying having to go get buckets of water all the time.

Also with AE, Thermal Expansion you can automate the filling of water/lava buckets and have them available via the AE wireless terminal.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Pretty sure that fastest redstone signal is 1 minecraft tick = 1/20th of second. So you can get 20 transitions between on/off in one second.

Edit: I'm little off. It is possible to do 1/2 tick pulses. So 1/40th of a second.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Bear in mind, a redstone torch that alternates too quickly will burn out. I beleive the slowest time that avoids this is every other tick. (i.e. on two ticks, off two ticks) if you need to use an inverter and you need that quick a pulse, a not gate will be better.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure that fastest redstone signal is 1 minecraft tick = 1/20th of second. So you can get 20 transitions between on/off in one second.

Edit: I'm little off. It is possible to do 1/2 tick pulses. So 1/40th of a second.
Since redstone only operates 10 ticks a second normally a half tick pulse is actually a regular tick long. Minecraft doesn't process anything faster than 20 ticks a second. But it is different to get a pulse every tick instead of the signal being on every tick and it is possible to pulse every game tick with command blocks by placing a redstone block and replacing it all in the same tick or maybe the other way round, actually.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Since redstone only operates 10 ticks a second normally a half tick pulse is actually a regular tick long. Minecraft doesn't process anything faster than 20 ticks a second. But it is different to get a pulse every tick instead of the signal being on every tick and it is possible to pulse every game tick with command blocks by placing a redstone block and replacing it all in the same tick or maybe the other way round, actually.
I thought I read that redstone ticks twice as fast as everything else. I might be wrong, but I swear I remember hearing it somewhere.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I read that redstone ticks twice as fast as everything else. I might be wrong, but I swear I remember hearing it somewhere.
Kind of, instead of saying it's on every tick it will be told to turn on every tick so technically 1/2 tick on 1/2 tick off

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone on the server i play on keeps getting their items charged no matter where they are on the server? Wondering if anyone knows what causes this it cant be a wireless charger because when we made our first TiC electric tools they recharged and we didn't have enough stuff or machines to make a wireless charger at that point thanks :)

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All, This is a bit off topic but maybe useful - I asked a long while ago on the forums how to bookmark a forum like this and get the last post up (in Google Chrome) AND I just stumbled on how to do it. Bookmark the forum as usual by the white star then edit the bookmark URL to a much larger number

so for this page it would bookmark as http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ask-a-simple-question-get-a-simple-answer.9625/page-1150

I changed to http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ask-a-simple-question-get-a-simple-answer.9625/page-1300

And this will resolve to the highest available (until there is a page 1300)

Sorry if this post annoys anyone but I really was rapt to have discovered this

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Okay folks, I am DESPERATE here, is there any way to speed up the process of me finding a Magical Forest biome?

Cross your fingers and hope you find one. Or use Mystcraft or RFTools.

I recommend the RFTools way, I wasted a lot of time looking for silverwood trees early game ....but they are there in the overworld.

Of course when I created my first RFTools dimension yesterday it was mostly magical forest biomes with silverwood everywhere.

I had this problem recently, even a seed that was supposed to have a Magical Forest at it, didn't have it....

To fix this, I ended up going into the configs for Thaumcraft, and bumped the chance for a MF biome to be generated way up, created a new world, found the MF biome right next to my spawn.
Then I went back into Thaumcraft's configs and set it back to normal.

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to use an RFTools dialing device to connect a transmitter to a receiver in the dimension u just created, but I'm being told the transmitter is "blocked". What does mean and how do I fix it?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to use an RFTools dialing device to connect a transmitter to a receiver in the dimension u just created, but I'm being told the transmitter is "blocked". What does mean and how do I fix it?
It needs two blocks of air above it because that's where you go to get teleported. If you have any invisible light blocks or somesuch they probably block it, too.

dluxcru

Jul 29, 2019
I think they're saying they have the "save inventory" gamerule on but for some reason their inventory isn't saving after death and they're wondering if there's a mod interfering.

added:
It's possible that the way OpenBlocks saves data for its graves is interfering??
BTW OpenBlocks itself has a 2 commands you can type to restore your inventory:
/ob_inventory restore - replaces contents of player's inventory with stored items
/ob_inventory spawn - drops whole inventory or just single item in world
more info in the faq: http://openmods.info/faq.html

Your interpretation is correct. I am trying to enable keeping Inventory on death.

I actually didn't have openblocks installed when I first encountered this issue. But as we're still working on the pack design, we do have it now. It was basically the last mod we forgot to add. But it's not spawning graves. (If we can get it to do that, it's a suitable alternative.) I wish I could give you a full mod list but we actually don't have one yet...I'll get on that as soon as I can.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Your interpretation is correct. I am trying to enable keeping Inventory on death.

I actually didn't have openblocks installed when I first encountered this issue. But as we're still working on the pack design, we do have it now. It was basically the last mod we forgot to add. But it's not spawning graves. (If we can get it to do that, it's a suitable alternative.) I wish I could give you a full mod list but we actually don't have one yet...I'll get on that as soon as I can.
check the configs

Obsidia

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Im currently having a mobfarm with Draconic Evolution Tier 3 Spawners.
But having those ugly Information panels and Levers below them for the wireless Redstone is kind of well.. I dont like it.

I thought about a Computercraft way to do it.
I wanted it like this: Touchscreen monitor that can controlle the redstone output. But im not good with computercraft what means I couldnt figure out how to get it working properly..

the ideal setup would be: Monitor on the left and redstone on the right of the computer..
Like this here: http://prntscr.com/7wy2f3

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks so far :)