Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Okay folks, I am DESPERATE here, is there any way to speed up the process of me finding a Magical Forest biome?
I recommend the RFTools way, I wasted a lot of time looking for silverwood trees early game ....but they are there in the overworld.

Of course when I created my first RFTools dimension yesterday it was mostly magical forest biomes with silverwood everywhere.

Reactions: PierceSG

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Mystcraft: has the Notebook recipe been replaced with something else? I'm trying to craft it (3 leather), but nothing happens.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is becoming more frequent.

Anyone ever experience this?
The old saying of "A mans reach is farther than his grasp" is indeed true of MC.
But if this happens when you are close as well then you are probably suffering from TPS issues. Something taking up too much processing time and you placing the blocks simply was never processed in the tick where it happened. It might initially look like they are placed, but this is because the client aspect first registers you attempting to place them. But the server then calls back that no such blocks were placed and they appear to vanish.

Last edited:

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
The old saying of "A mans reach is farther than his grasp" is indeed true of MC.
But if this happens when you are close as well then you are probably suffering from TPS issues. Something taking up too much processing time and you placing the blocks simply was never processed in the tick where it happened. It might initially look like they are placed, but this is because the client aspect first registers you attempting to place them. But the server then calls back that no such blocks were placed and they appear to vanish.
Yeah, it happens when I'm close as well. I did a ping on the server, 100 ms and no packet loss. Not great but I don't think it's traditional lag. I would agree someone is doing something that is draining the server.

I know it's not me since the most advanced thing I own is a stone pick axe and a furnace lol

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah, it happens when I'm close as well. I did a ping on the server, 100 ms and no packet loss. Not great but I don't think it's traditional lag. I would agree someone is doing something that is draining the server.

I know it's not me since the most advanced thing I own is a stone pick axe and a furnace lol
Ping has nothing to do with TPS. Ping only measures the response time of your network connection to the servers and back, it gives absolutely no indication of how the MC server is running.

Many things can be wrong that will kill server performance. It does not have to be "high tech". Something as simple as keeping too many animals in a small pen, villagers stuck in a house and breeding out of control etc. can kill performance.

Reactions: Padfoote

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft Energized node question: For what I get, a pure node, when energized, uses the formula SQRT(aspect)*1.2, correct?

If so, an aspect with 70 units should give me a final result of 10 (rounded down). I've been testing on a creative world and nope...

Reactions: Psychicash

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
The brightness of a node determines multiplier, not type. If the node was Bright, then yes that is the right formula.
My bad, sorry. I did mean a bright, rather than pure.

Edit: would you kindly test it for yourself?
Here's a command to use on a command block to get a node as you see fit:
/give <Playername> Thaumcraft:BlockJarNodeItem 1 0 {nodetype:0, nodemod:0,
Aspects:[{amount:100,key:"terra"},{amount:100,key:"aer"},
{amount:100,key:"aqua"},{amount:100,key:"ignis"},{amount:100,key:"ordo"},
{amount:100,key:"perditio"}], nodeid: "0:0:0:0"}

Change one or more of the apects to 70 and tell me if it gives 9 or 10 CV on the energized node.

Please and thank you.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
My bad, sorry. I did mean a bright, rather than pure.

Edit: would you kindly test it for yourself?
Here's a command to use on a command block to get a node as you see fit:
/give <Playername> Thaumcraft:BlockJarNodeItem 1 0 {nodetype:0, nodemod:0,
Aspects:[{amount:100,key:"terra"},{amount:100,key:"aer"},
{amount:100,key:"aqua"},{amount:100,key:"ignis"},{amount:100,key:"ordo"},
{amount:100,key:"perditio"}], nodeid: "0:0:0:0"}

Change one or more of the apects to 70 and tell me if it gives 9 or 10 CV on the energized node.

Please and thank you.

While i don't have time to test it now, I can run it through my specially designed node spreadsheet...

Which means a bright 70 strength node would have 10 cv/t.

Reactions: Ashendale

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
I have an energized Ignis node that I'm trying to use to power an Infernal Furnace, but placing a Vis relay near the furnace or on the wall of the furnace itself doesn't cause any visible reaction or increase the speed of the furnace. What's the procedure, usually, for powering machines with centivis?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How do I keep enderstorage from crashing my world?
There is no need to keep reposting. We have seen it.

No replies does not indicate that people have not seen it, it most likely indicates that people don't know how to help you. Might have more luck making a thread in the Tech Support section or going to the mod author directly.

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
how i can view only my Botania stuff in ME terminal?
I tryed to use view cell, but i didn't see that there is a mod sorting thing.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ticon essence bushes arent growing, and suddenly stabilizers under an infusion altar cause more instability.Whats happening?