Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
What is the best way to make your mob farm filter out the non stackable items?
If you don't mind to write code I would go with computercraft turtles.
Using string.find() you can let it check if an item contains a certain part of string for example "boots" and thus filter all the boots out, material or other things don't matter.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't mind to write code I would go with computercraft turtles.
Using string.find() you can let it check if an item contains a certain part of string for example "boots" and thus filter all the boots out, material or other things don't matter.
ok, I have computercraft so I'll try that, but wasn't there something from AE2 or something that I could use for it?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What is the best way to make your mob farm filter out the non stackable items?
ME Fuzzy bus works a treat for this. Also there are loads of different solutions in most mods. Don't the new Itemduct servo/whatever still have the possibility to disable all the different NBT/oredict etc. filters?

Logistic Pipes is great for sorting out the items that are enchanted once you got them sorted out. So you can send them to disenchanting.

Personally I simply import EVERYTHING from my mobfarms into my ME network. I them have a Fuzzy Storage Bus(AE1) with the different damage armours, tools, weapons etc. filtered. This means that all these items get stored in this bus attached inventory for deletion/disenchantment sorting/whatever.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
ME Fuzzy bus works a treat for this. Also there are loads of different solutions in most mods. Don't the new Itemduct servo/whatever still have the possibility to disable all the different NBT/oredict etc. filters?

Logistic Pipes is great for sorting out the items that are enchanted once you got them sorted out. So you can send them to disenchanting.
Fuzzy Bus, that's the thing. Thanks

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on the infinity pack, version 1.7.0. How do I get shiny/platinum ingots? I've had my ender quarry dig 2 100x100 quarries, and there hasn't been a single shiny/platinum ore. Is there some other way of getting shiny (NEI doesn't show anything), or is ore generation bugged?

Reactions: Ashendale

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm playing on the infinity pack, version 1.7.0. How do I get shiny/platinum ingots? I've had my ender quarry dig 2 100x100 quarries, and there hasn't been a single shiny/platinum ore. Is there some other way of getting shiny (NEI doesn't show anything), or is ore generation bugged?
There is no shiny ore. The Shiny dust is a by-product of other ore processing.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019

Namely: Ferrous Ore. Just shove the Ferrous Ore into a Pulverizer to get a Pulverized Shiny Dust (10% chance) or shove said ore together with a piece of Cinnabar into the Induction Smelter to get a Shiny Ingot (100% chance).

Question: gear with warp; how does it work? I understand you get +X warp from the gear that can be removed simply by taking it off. I just wonder: do the effects of having it equipped become "passive" as with normal warp?

Reactions: Type1Ninja and rhn

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have a recommendation for setting up my wheat farm? I'm using the Minefactory Reloaded Harvester and Planter and I would prefer to use the Ender IO Item Conduits. However I'm not sure how to set it up how I want. I want the conduits to send the wheat to a tesseract (which in turn sends them to my ME system) and I want the seeds sent to the planter. However I have a few questions:

1. Will the Ender IO Item Conduits send seeds to the planter automatically if they're hooked up to it and they see that it already has seeds in its inventory? And if not, should I use the Basic Item Filter or the Advanced Item Filter?

2. If the planter gets full of seeds, will the Item Conduits automatically send excess seeds to the tesseract?

3. If excess seeds aren't sent to the tesseract, how would I send those excess seeds to a trash can?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Actually if Infinity is using a fairly recent version of Thermal Foundation, shiny ore will generate - as long as the config still allows for it.
Or, I'm just stupid. :/

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Actually if Infinity is using a fairly recent version of Thermal Foundation, shiny ore will generate - as long as the config still allows for it.
I tried looking at the thermal expansion configs, but I couldn't see anything related to oregen. Do you know exactly which file I should be looking for?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I tried looking at the thermal expansion configs, but I couldn't see anything related to oregen. Do you know exactly which file I should be looking for?
/config/cofh/world/ThermalFoundation.cfg (?) for any of the Thermal Series ores. However I'm not certain that Infinity 1.7.0 has this config, but it's a start at least.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019

In my experience with Infinity, shiny metal is a big pain to get. I myself haven't seen any shiny/platinum ore, but there are other ways of getting it.

The first way is to put ferrous ore in a pulverizer and there's a 10% chance you'l get shiny dust.

The second and much easier way is to put ferrous ore and cinnabar into an induction smelter. This produces one shiny ingot as byproduct every time. The problem in turn is finding the cinnabar. I've found that it's best acquired by putting redstone ore in a pulverizer. I also believe (but I'm not entirely sure) that blazes with also drop cinnabar if you have a spawner.

Reactions: asb3pe and PierceSG

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
In my experience with Infinity, shiny metal is a big pain to get. I myself haven't seen any shiny/platinum ore, but there are other ways of getting it.

The first way is to put ferrous ore in a pulverizer and there's a 10% chance you'l get shiny dust.

The second and much easier way is to put ferrous ore and cinnabar into an induction smelter. This produces one shiny ingot as byproduct every time. The problem in turn is finding the cinnabar. I've found that it's best acquired by putting redstone ore in a pulverizer. I also believe (but I'm not entirely sure) that blazes with also drop cinnabar if you have a spawner.
If you augment your pulverizer you can get more than 10% chance for each ferrous ore.
Cinnabar is also a rare byproduct of gold ore in the pulverizer. And I believe you can create it from Thaumcraft cinnabar ore and gelid cryotheum.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019

Shiny ore is in the default config but Infinity has it taken out completely. It's not a question of TF being too old of a version.

Oregen is in cofh/world/. If you delete the files there you will get the default oregen if that's what you want. Old chunks in your old world will not have shiny ore but new chunks will. Do bear in mind that the shiny ore is disabled for balance reasons and you're supposed to get shiny ingots through ferrous ore.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Anyone have a recommendation for setting up my wheat farm? I'm using the Minefactory Reloaded Harvester and Planter and I would prefer to use the Ender IO Item Conduits. However I'm not sure how to set it up how I want. I want the conduits to send the wheat to a tesseract (which in turn sends them to my ME system) and I want the seeds sent to the planter. However I have a few questions:

1. Will the Ender IO Item Conduits send seeds to the planter automatically if they're hooked up to it and they see that it already has seeds in its inventory? And if not, should I use the Basic Item Filter or the Advanced Item Filter?

2. If the planter gets full of seeds, will the Item Conduits automatically send excess seeds to the tesseract?

3. If excess seeds aren't sent to the tesseract, how would I send those excess seeds to a trash can?

Use the Ender IO conduits. Start at the harvester and string them in a line to first the planter then the trash can and finally the tesseract. Set white list filters on the planter and the trash can. Seeds will hit the planter 1st. If they can't go in there they will try the trash can next and finally the tesseract. Do not branch the line. Just put it all in one straight line. If you are using multiple seed types then make sure the planter is set not to consume the stack. That way it always leaves at least one seed in the planter. Also, you can fill the other slots in the planter with cobble or dirt if you don't want seeds filling the entire machine.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Question: gear with warp; how does it work? I understand you get +X warp from the gear that can be removed simply by taking it off. I just wonder: do the effects of having it equipped become "passive" as with normal warp?

I assume you mean gear with Warping on it? It's essentially a layer of temporary warp that lasts as long as you wear/use the item. This DOES count as doing warpy stuff though, so if you do use it and don't want the warp effects you'll need a constant Warp Ward up.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Use the Ender IO conduits. Start at the harvester and string them in a line to first the planter then the trash can and finally the tesseract. Set white list filters on the planter and the trash can. Seeds will hit the planter 1st. If they can't go in there they will try the trash can next and finally the tesseract. Do not branch the line. Just put it all in one straight line. If you are using multiple seed types then make sure the planter is set not to consume the stack. That way it always leaves at least one seed in the planter. Also, you can fill the other slots in the planter with cobble or dirt if you don't want seeds filling the entire machine.

Ah thank you, though I've already done some experimenting and found that the "priority" setting is quite useful in achieving my goal. Your advice about not setting the planter to consume the stack is useful though.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you mean gear with Warping on it? It's essentially a layer of temporary warp that lasts as long as you wear/use the item. This DOES count as doing warpy stuff though, so if you do use it and don't want the warp effects you'll need a constant Warp Ward up.
Yes, I did meant Warping. But the question was (and I may have worded it wrongly) does the effect of warp gear fade over time if you don't get more warp? I mean, normal warp gives you all those debuffs, weird messages and effects. But those fade over time and eventually stop completely. Does the same happen with having gear with Warping?