Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
If you had silk touch on your pick that might explain it, as that reduces speed by 2. The others are correct though, bindings and sword hilts don't effect durability, damage etc; they just pass on their traits, but in the Tool Forge tools, large plates do act as components of the tool head, and traits like speed and damage are averaged between the contributing parts (eg on a hammer the mining speed is averaged between the hammer head and the two plates).
I've never used silk touch, so that wasn't it. Maybe it was a hammer I was using...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Is anyone else having troubles with loading ftb infinity?

I installed beta 1.8.1 yesterday and just started it up a few minutes ago to test, everything is a-ok for me. I'm using Curse Voice as a loader, if that makes a difference.

MrsMeowys

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.
Can someone explain me how to make dynmap-forge update render when someone is loading empty chunks?
Because I searched and couldn't find a fix for it.
I am using the default configuration of my vanilla server, which update-render works, so I am not sure why doesn't work on my modpack server.

Thank you.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
This here is the tick with the fatal error.
[11:32:40] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: There was a critical exception handling a packet on channel ES
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot create a fluidstack from a null fluid
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidStack.<init>(FluidStack.java:36) ~[FluidStack.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidStack.<init>(FluidStack.java:67) ~[FluidStack.class:?]
at codechicken.core.fluid.ExtendedFluidTank.<init>(ExtendedFluidTank.java:18) ~[ExtendedFluidTank.class:?]
at codechicken.core.fluid.ExtendedFluidTank.<init>(ExtendedFluidTank.java:28) ~[ExtendedFluidTank.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.EnderLiquidStorage$Tank.<init>(EnderLiquidStorage.java:20) ~[EnderLiquidStorage$Tank.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.EnderLiquidStorage.<init>(EnderLiquidStorage.java:35) ~[EnderLiquidStorage.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.EnderLiquidStoragePlugin.createEnderStorage(EnderLiquidStoragePlugin.java:17) ~[EnderLiquidStoragePlugin.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.api.EnderStorageManager.getStorage(EnderStorageManager.java:161) ~[EnderStorageManager.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.track(TankSynchroniser.java:170) ~[TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.handleVisiblityPacket(TankSynchroniser.java:232) ~[TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TankSynchroniser.handleVisiblityPacket(TankSynchroniser.java:269) ~[TankSynchroniser.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.internal.EnderStorageSPH.handlePacket(EnderStorageSPH.java:20) ~[EnderStorageSPH.class:?]
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom$ServerInboundHandler.handle(PacketCustom.java:115) ~[PacketCustom$ServerInboundHandler.class:?]
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.channelRead0(PacketCustom.java:75) ~[PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.class:?]
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.channelRead0(PacketCustom.java:62) ~[PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98) ~[SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:785) ~[DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.embedded.EmbeddedChannel.writeInbound(EmbeddedChannel.java:169) ~[EmbeddedChannel.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:77) [FMLProxyPacket.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) [ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111) [bsx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having a problem with my BC Builders Quarry in Infinity. I had a problem with my server launching (I'm using Beastnode) and so I updated it to FTB Infinity 1.7.0. I also updated Infinity to that version as well (for obvious reasons). My quarry seems to have the problem of spitting out items, even though it's never done this before. I'm assuming this has to do with the update. I'm using 3 Stone Transport Pipes to send the blocks from the quarry to a tesseract. About half the items are going through to the tesseract and about half are being spit out of the quarry instead of going into the pipes. If this a problem with the pipes not being able to handle as many items? And if so, should I switch to a different piping system, or use more advanced BC Transport Pipes?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having a problem with my BC Builders Quarry in Infinity. I had a problem with my server launching (I'm using Beastnode) and so I updated it to FTB Infinity 1.7.0. I also updated Infinity to that version as well (for obvious reasons). My quarry seems to have the problem of spitting out items, even though it's never done this before. I'm assuming this has to do with the update. I'm using 3 Stone Transport Pipes to send the blocks from the quarry to a tesseract. About half the items are going through to the tesseract and about half are being spit out of the quarry instead of going into the pipes. If this a problem with the pipes not being able to handle as many items? And if so, should I switch to a different piping system, or use more advanced BC Transport Pipes?

The inventory that receives the items on the other Tesseract: is it being cleared fast enough?
Are both Tesseracts configured correctly? (send/receive items)

After checking both those things, try to just put the Tesseract next to the Quarry. It works with the Ender-Quarry. Not sure if it does or doesn't with the BC Quarry.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me what is causing this - upload_2015-7-12_15-57-44.png and how do I fix it please.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm building a tavern in the dw20 pack. I'm looking for tavern type decorations in the pack. I wish we had deco craft and a few others but... It is what it is.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
It's apparently a Mapwriter issue: https://github.com/SlimeKnights/TinkersConstruct/issues/1560
KosmosPrime gives a so-called "simple" fix in the replies but I'm not going to try to decipher it until I get a good night's sleep. :p
OK So not so hard to decipher fix - simply remove Mapwriter - but I am not going to.

Next question - Is there an online version of Materials and you V2?

I went with Opis & Mapwriter as JourneyMap was causing lag issues (or at least when I swapped the lag stopped by coincidence) & I have found that Mapwriter is able to see in places like the Crimson dimension which was really helpful.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
OK So not so hard to decipher fix - simply remove Mapwriter - but I am not going to.

Next question - Is there an online version of Materials and you V2?

I went with Opis & Mapwriter as JourneyMap was causing lag issues (or at least when I swapped the lag stopped by coincidence) & I have found that Mapwriter is able to see in places like the Crimson dimension which was really helpful.
Why do you want to use the Tinker starting manual anyways? If you're looking at what are the parts required to make a tool, use the tool forge. If you're looking at the material stats, install TiC Tooltips and look at NEI for the parts.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you want to use the Tinker starting manual anyways? If you're looking at what are the parts required to make a tool, use the tool forge. If you're looking at the material stats, install TiC Tooltips and look at NEI for the parts.
I have not done enough with Tinker's to remember and the tool forge does not always list the part names (and trying to match images is not always easy). I have done what I needed to do so it's not a problem

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Just started a fresh world on Infinity 1.8.1 and while out exploring I found a statue of a man made out of hay bales. It had a zombie spawner under it.

Which mod adds this?

Or is it herobrine?

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
Okay folks, I am DESPERATE here, is there any way to speed up the process of me finding a Magical Forest biome?