Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I was swapping around texture packs to check them out and, eventually, when I used Jadedcat's Mixpack my glass textures all turned black and purple. I restarded the game, and even switched texture pack and no luck. Glass now is black and purple. How can I fix this?

I'm playing Infinity 1.7.0 on Curse client.

Edit: solved. It was, for some reason, the connected texture options. It worked fine with some texture packs, but once I got to Jadedcat's it ruined it and all others.
No surprise ... Jaded would say that's a feature

Reactions: Type1Ninja

MrsMeowys

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me how can I have DragonAPI and Biome o plenty working together?
I know it's possible because I am playing some modpacks with those two mods.
But I am getting a crash when trying to compile both.

Code:
biome conflict in biomesoplenty.mod.biome and mod.reika.dragon.biomegen

Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/qKD7j53k

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
CONFLICT: Biome IDs: biomesoplenty.common.biome.overworld.BiomeGenCanyon@6a5b2595 @ ID 48 (BiomeGenCanyon & BiomeRainbowForest)
Check your IDs and change them if possible.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
CONFLICT: Biome IDs: biomesoplenty.common.biome.overworld.BiomeGenCanyon@6a5b2595 @ ID 48 (BiomeGenCanyon & BiomeRainbowForest)

look in the config file for the mod you added the last and change it

Reactions: MrsMeowys

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This I have working - I have crystallised essence working fine - my system autocrafts crystallised essentia and stores it in the AE already. This is the next step doing away with jars and being able to request essence for infusion crafting and I think I have as good as I am going to get (there are images on an earlier post) with the available options. I could have done this simply in 1.6.4 but it is a bit awkward in 1.7.10.

Sorry, I lost track of the origin of the discussion :)

However, I found something that may interest you... In today's Direwolf20/Pahimar Ararian Skies 2 Youtube DW starts playing with "Thaumic Energistics", and one of the first things he crafts is a "Thaumic Crafting terminal" and there is also a "Thaumic Assembler" showing up in the Thauminomicon. I think this is a fairly new add-on so it may not be in many packs yet.

Here's a handy link:

Reactions: Ocker

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on Infinity 1.7.0 and I want to start merging nodes. I thought Blood Magic Teleposers were a good, simple option. But before screwing up my survival world, I went to my creative to do some sciencing.

Results are not good... As soon as I switch the Silverwood log containing a node, the aura of the node vanishes. I am wearing googles of revealing. It is still there, inside the log (as I found out by breaking one in frustration).

My questions are: how can I get it out of the log? While near another node, does it not drain/get drained as long as it is inside the log?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Jarring is the only way to get it out of the log that i know of. The log (as do obsidian totems if you have a node in them) acts as a natural node stabliser.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Jarring is the only way to get it out of the log that i know of. The log (as do obsidian totems if you have a node in them) acts as a natural node stabliser.

I just gave myself all research on creative mode and for the life of me I cannot find any research regarding jarring nodes...

Edit: disregard that. I'm blind...

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I lost track of the origin of the discussion :)

However, I found something that may interest you... In today's Direwolf20/Pahimar Ararian Skies 2 Youtube DW starts playing with "Thaumic Energistics", and one of the first things he crafts is a "Thaumic Crafting terminal" and there is also a "Thaumic Assembler" showing up in the Thauminomicon. I think this is a fairly new add-on so it may not be in many packs yet.

Here's a handy link:
I saw that - can't decide if it is OP or just perfect .... but I want it - Hope it comes to DW20 pack soon.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I saw that - can't decide if it is OP or just perfect .... but I want it - Hope it comes to DW20 pack soon.

I'm sure it will, if DW decides he likes it... It went that way with RFTools and looks like the new Computercraft as well... RFTools made it a couple of weeks after his mod spotlight and DW said he might have the CC spotlight ready for the weekend.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Infinity, I managed to jar a bright, pure node. Obviously, with my luck, it was downgraded to normal. Seeing as the stabilizers have a chance to upgrade low quality nodes, is it possible for me to get my node upgraded to bright?

Also, should I care? Is there a difference in harnessing vis from a normal/pure/bright/whatever node?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
On Infinity, I managed to jar a bright, pure node. Obviously, with my luck, it was downgraded to normal. Seeing as the stabilizers have a chance to upgrade low quality nodes, is it possible for me to get my node upgraded to bright?

Also, should I care? Is there a difference in harnessing vis from a normal/pure/bright/whatever node?
I've heard that if they bully enough nodes they can be upgraded, but this isn't really something i've seen myself.
Stablisers can turn fading nodes into pale ones and remove unstable conditions from nodes (with the advanced one having a higher chance to do so), but they cannot say turn a pale into a normal.

You might try using a Primadorial Pearl on it, but 1. it's very unpredictable in what will happen, 2. you ought to do the research regarding nodes and pearls before trying, to improve your odds. Unless the node is huge I wouldn't bother seeing how rare and hard to get Primadorial Pearls are.

The brightness of a node determines how fast it recharges when drained (and does have an effect if you energise the node).
Fading Nodes don't regen vis at all. I'm not sure how this would interact with energisation, i've not tried.
Pale Nodes regen slower than usual.
And Bright Nodes regen faster than usual.

As to the types, only two actually affect the vis in the node.
Hungry Nodes eat blocks items and entities nearby. The aspects of what it eats are broken down into primals and can be used to embiggen the node. While dangerous, they can't eat Obsidian or other similarly tough materials, and a crafty thaumatargue can tame it to provide pretty much all the vis they'd ever need.
Unstable Nodes periodically lose vis capacity. When this happens it does produce an aspect orb.
For completeness:
Pure nodes protect against taint, and in a silverwood tree will convert the nearby land to magical forest.
Sinister nodes convert the nearby land to an Eeriee biome, spawn angry zombies, and are quite often found near places of interest to thaumatargues.
Tainted Nodes create taint around themselves, and make the biome Tainted Lands. Other nodes caught in a Tainted Lands biome can become Tainted themselves. (and this is usually a step in taming Hungry Nodes.)

Reactions: Ashendale

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
hi guys, hope i'm not being not right posting here as ever...
i want to disable mobs from orespawn 164v20 with OpenBlocks 1.2.7.
i know you can have them not spawn from the config in orespawn but i want them to be deleted if already spawned;)
this is what i've tried most recently for the termites:

entity.OreSpawn.Termite.name,
entity.orespawn.termite.name,
Orespawn.termite,
orespawn.termite.name,
entity.OreSpawn.termite.name,
entity.Orespawn.termite.name,
orespawn.termite,
OreSpawn.termite,
Orespawn.termite.name

i've being trying this random naming for a while thinking i'd hit the target eventually but know i've given up on that.
if you know and will help with the solution then thanks will be offered:)

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
hi guys, hope i'm not being not right posting here as ever...
i want to disable mobs from orespawn 164v20 with OpenBlocks 1.2.7.
i know you can have them not spawn from the config in orespawn but i want them to be deleted if already spawned;)
this is what i've tried most recently for the termites:

entity.OreSpawn.Termite.name,
entity.orespawn.termite.name,
Orespawn.termite,
orespawn.termite.name,
entity.OreSpawn.termite.name,
entity.Orespawn.termite.name,
orespawn.termite,
OreSpawn.termite,
Orespawn.termite.name

i've being trying this random naming for a while thinking i'd hit the target eventually but know i've given up on that.
if you know and will help with the solution then thanks will be offered:)
why not disable in cofigs then do a /cofh killall mobname ?
also last time i used openblocks to disable a mob it did not remove any mobs that had already spawned it just stopped them from spawning