News update 12-02-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon_Thomas

Jul 29, 2019
I like the large picture, The only thing I can think to do is to have 3 or 4 pictures on a slideshow type thing. Possibly have a few pictures of Large builds or other cool things.

xxsuper

Jul 29, 2019
but I LOVE the look of the launcher now! I love the dark gray style, PLIZ do not edit it :([DOUBLEPOST=1360759911][/DOUBLEPOST]or make it so you can get the dark gray style if you want to, and the new if you want to pliz ;)

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest I don't care how the launcher looks like, but if it gets some really important features and not just cosmetic update I am fine with it.

A feature for more frequent updates, so every mod get's updated when it's released and not once a month with a new pack is the most important one.

And please, put the version number of the mods in the packer where you add/disable mods, it's so annoying with just the mod name.

Reactions: Zelfana

lauch

Jul 29, 2019
I agree - they should've called it something else - v2 is obviously copying technic o_O Maybe they should call it FTBLauncher ME or iFTBLauncher, so as to not be copying.

Great job guys! I love the progress being made and love the live streams...can't wait to see the new work completed.

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Loving the progress of FTB. Looking forward to what's on the horizon. Also looking forward to what Ultimate will offer us. Until then our server is just fine using the Mindcrack pack. Have had NO problems whatsoever with that pack. Keep up the good work!
An idea for the cover picture(s) would be submittals from the FTB community showing off some of our builds.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
I agree - they should've called it something else - v2 is obviously copying technic o_O Maybe they should call it FTBLauncher ME or iFTBLauncher, so as to not be copying.

Great job guys! I love the progress being made and love the live streams...can't wait to see the new work completed.
Since when was v2.0 a "technic" thing im pretty sure v2.0 means version 2.0, and trust me that wasn't technic idea also

To be honest I don't care how the launcher looks like, but if it gets some really important features and not just cosmetic update I am fine with it.

A feature for more frequent updates, so every mod get's updated when it's released and not once a month with a new pack is the most important one.

And please, put the version number of the mods in the packer where you add/disable mods, it's so annoying with just the mod name.

:facepalm: An update every time a mod gets updated, do you know how much that would cost and how much it would mess with worlds. Everytime they update the pack The bandwidth usage goes through the roof, think of it this way "100,000,000 people downloading a pack everyday" having to re-download every time you start the launcher, whats the point for 1 bug fix or 1 new block.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012

Ok, I'm going to ignore the "v2" copy thing (That makes no sense, go home your drunk) but if you want to talk about copying...."!FTBLauncher," isn't that pretty close to "iPhone," "iPad" and "iPod." And this might be stretching it, but Windows Millennium Edition.....(aka Windows ME).

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
I just find it odd that FTB decides to start developing a version 2.0 right after Technic announces their new launcher.
Sorry for the double post, but this post just needs attention. So just to be clear here, when FTB/Technic updates to v3, they will be copying NWMP v3? .........you motherf@$ckers.....imjustjokinghisguyjustmakesmyfacehurtfromstupidity

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you all responding to the troll? lol Of course making something version 2.0 isn't "copying" anything. Obvious troll.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Why are you all responding to the troll? lol Of course making something version 2.0 isn't "copying" anything. Obvious troll.
Why are you posting about me posting to a troll? Isn't that really giving the troll just as much attention? Not that I care if I give him/her attention, but apprently you do.

TaniaBaildon

Jul 29, 2019

Uh, guys, I think he was making a JOKE?

FTBLauncher ME was a play on Microsoft ME and of course the iFTBLauncher was a takeoff on Apple. This isn't a troll, just someone having fun, which is the point of Minecraft, is it not???

Reactions: balink

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, guys, I think he was making a JOKE?

FTBLauncher ME was a play on Microsoft ME and of course the iFTBLauncher was a takeoff on Apple. This isn't a troll, just someone having fun, which is the point of Minecraft, is it not???
oh man, that's not the one people are responding too

Joshua.Perna

Jul 29, 2019
So basically you're copying Technic and making a Launcher version 2.0?
Why would you even stop to post this? If you think its a rip your a moron. I wish twats like you could be banned from your own computers, you dont deserve internet.[DOUBLEPOST=1360786234][/DOUBLEPOST]Great job you guys. I love FTB and am running and FTB Magic World server, also gonna head over and make a donation!

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Looks great! I like how there's a picture, but I think you should incorporate orange somewhere because I think the orange, black, and white together looks really nice.

Reactions: kylemcqueen75

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
So basically you're copying Technic and making a Launcher version 2.0?

ah I see the fatal flaw in your reply, guess most of us do..

FTB ty for all you guys along with the modders have done & TIA for your upcoming updates, some of us do love what you guys are doing & are not afraid to say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.