Mod-of-the-Month: July 2015

Your selection for Mod-of-the-Month in July!

• Witchery

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Mekanism

Votes: 47 14.4%
  • Twilight Forest

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Pneumaticraft

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Buildcraft

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • Railcraft

Votes: 22 6.7%
  • Forestry

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Blue Power

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Applied Energistics 2

Votes: 43 13.1%
  • Matter Overdrive

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • Aura Cascade

Votes: 55 16.8%
  • Essentialcraft III

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Progressive Automation

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • Mariculture

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Evilcraft

Votes: 11 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah. From experience, and I'm sure other mod pack authors will agree, writing good solid HQM quests takes months, plural. Shrug. That said, I can count about 3 people I know who can actually write cohesive HQM quests, and no I am not one of them. None work for FTB.

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
Another bug with botania pack :(, mana pool quest doesn't detect crafting as it doesn't use vanilla crafting - you need to use a detect quest instead.

Edit: "Additional Mana Manipulation" is an empty quest - C'mon guys, you can do better than this :oops:

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
We will have an official post coming out soon regarding this pack and future mod pack of the month packs. The pack has temporally been removed from Curse Voice and our launcher. Sorry for an inconvenience this may have caused.

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
aura cascade because its a mod which most of the people havent played yet and i think if everyone in forge craft have played with that mod in the beginning instead of immersive engineering i think almost everyone wanted a aura cascade pack more than IE

Smug Apple

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't the mod authors at least get a say in this? Because I wouldn't have suggested IE for this, it's way too new and unrefined...

I hope you are listened to. I would love to see IE in a MotM pack when it is closer to feature complete, not waste that opportunity now.

Mod authors should be asked before their mod is listed as an option.

B

Big Bad

Fair enough. We'll remove Immersive Engineering from the running at the request of the developer.

Reactions: Smug Apple

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Shrug. You guys have fairly awesome pack ideas, just HQM is hard to implement well. From personal experience only Jaded and @thephoenixlodge really seem to nail it, and @GreatOrator gets a special spot for integrating CustomNPCs, which I still haven't fully puzzled out.

Piece of advice? Don't try using HQM for these packs. SimpleAchievements and Enchiridon II are better suited if you want to write a guided pack in a hurry. HQM quests take 2 or 3 months at a minimum to get ironed out and polished up, which kind of defeats the purpose of a MotM pack.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
How do you base a pack on AE2, it's in every pack almost that FTB ever makes and it's a storage mod, the mind just boggles at some of the mods listed.

Reactions: glepet1962

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019
Shrug. You guys have fairly awesome pack ideas, just HQM is hard to implement well. From personal experience only Jaded and @thephoenixlodge really seem to nail it, and @GreatOrator gets a special spot for integrating CustomNPCs, which I still haven't fully puzzled out.

Piece of advice? Don't try using HQM for these packs. SimpleAchievements and Enchiridon II are better suited if you want to write a guided pack in a hurry. HQM quests take 2 or 3 months at a minimum to get ironed out and polished up, which kind of defeats the purpose of a MotM pack.
I have to agree. With these packs HQM becomes more of "make this" or "make X amount of..." Where as with SimpleAchievements you can do something similar to the challenges in the new version of Botania. I think it's still possible to make a good pack in the short time you give yourselves; I just think you have to take a different approach.

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, I missed it! Can we get an 'unlisted' pack code version? I was curious about how a pack looks at different stages and I'm willing to play it in edit mode :*D