Mod-of-the-Month: July 2015

Your selection for Mod-of-the-Month in July!

• Witchery

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Mekanism

Votes: 47 14.4%
  • Twilight Forest

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Pneumaticraft

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Buildcraft

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • Railcraft

Votes: 22 6.7%
  • Forestry

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Blue Power

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Applied Energistics 2

Votes: 43 13.1%
  • Matter Overdrive

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • Aura Cascade

Votes: 55 16.8%
  • Essentialcraft III

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Progressive Automation

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • Mariculture

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Evilcraft

Votes: 11 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

Big Bad

Welcome, welcome! July has already started and the summer heat is on! While we wait for June's Botania pack to sync to our repos, we figured we'd start getting July's vote underway!

-----------

For those who haven't been in the loop, Feed The Beast has started a new initiative to release small, individually-focused modpacks alongside our larger packs and flagship releases. In general, these packs will contain a singular, major mod along with any expansions, upgrades, or mod-specific addons that we feel would help round out and enhance the experience. Based on the complexity of the pack, an interactive tutorial system will also be implemented for both guidance and potential extra challenge. Furthermore, the contents of these monthly packs will be decided entirely by a community vote run on our forum, giving players direct control over the direction will take!

So let's kick July into gear! To participate, simply cast your vote in the attached poll; we’ll be tallying up the responses on the 9th and releasing the pack around August 1st along with another poll. Same process for August, September, and the foreseeable future!

-----------

“But wait,” you might say to yourself. “There’s a mod I want a pack made out of that isn’t on the list!”

We’ve got that covered too. Mods on the list will be rotated in and out routinely as the months go on based on suggestions we receive. There are some exceptions, though: some full-conversion mods like GregTech and TerraFirmaCraft have been deemed a bit too big for this system. However, if there’s enough community support for conversion-type mods, we’ll be looking into adapting them into larger, stand-alone releases in the future.

And with that: happy voting!

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Aura Cascade 2015.
EDIT: After seeing how broken the botania pack was, don't. It doesn't deserve that as its proper debut.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolSquid

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
My gosh, a Twilight Forest based pack would be fantastic. I've always been a little disappointed at the loot in Twilight Forest; other mods render the prizes completely useless by the time you get them. I think it'd be a lot of fun on it's own.

Reactions: xbony2

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
I have been working on my own pack for the last 7 months which has a rather large focus on BC; also, I am not of the belief BC is played best alone - RailCraft compliments it well, at least.

EDIT: Which is not to say that in the unlikely event BuildCraft does win any of these I wouldn't be willing to help - oh, I will be willing to help plenty if that happens.

Last edited:

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
Erm just to let you know, in the Botania pack the first quest is broken, I crafted a Lexica Botania but HQM hasn't noticed o_O

EDIT: I think the 3rd main quest, "Blooming Rainbows" also is broken, as it requires a glimmering cyan flower, I think it is meant to be mystical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bashful Giant

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Erm just to let you know, in the Botania pack the first quest is broken, I crafted a Lexica Botania but HQM hasn't noticed o_O

EDIT: I think the 3rd main quest, "Blooming Rainbows" also is broken, as it requires a glimmering cyan flower, I think it is meant to be mystical.

Ty- Still working on more quests, so we will fix this with an update. I think I'm up to 40 new quests since the version in the first release.

Last edited:

MULTIK

Jul 29, 2019
I voted
Twilight Forest
modpack will be awsome! But I will be happy with any mod on list :)

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
If the pack is supposed to be as unfinished as the Botania one, I prefer not to vote.

The quests are only unfinished due to several unfortunate simultaneous issues with the Lit team. An update will be pushed ASAP to fix bugs and finish the quests, and the problem hopefully addressed in future packs. I'm literally 6 quests away from completing the next quest version, with more quests planned.