What does YOUR Power Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tro11C1ient

Jul 29, 2019

ayc

Jul 29, 2019
Toyed with this today on creative :

m75JLkM.jpg

215 crystals powering 6 gregtech magic absorbers, all sealed in a room with 4 iron golems and a wooden golem. 640 EU/t

Oc mats are a little ridiculous but since you can uncraft portal guns to get nether stars...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
2013_02_06_18_32_52.png

IT does sucks. a lot. I know. I do not care.
Simple but effective. I like it.
If I understand correctly, you're using sugar canes to make biomass, and running your power off of that, yes? Simple with low output doesn't suck. Complex with low output does, though. And I've always been a big fan of Green Energy, which this seems to be working off of.

Sure, one could do what most people do and make a 36HP Liquid Fueled Boiler(or a 36HP Solid Fuel Boiler) and run it off of GregTech fuels(or a T5 Blaze Spawner), but I like simple energy generation. I could show you all my current energy system, but it's even less fancy then Iridium5's. Just a bunch of sugar canes occasionally dumped into a IC2 generator. The sugar cane farm is just a bunch of sugar canes next to a lake. I might use Factorization and CDM to make sugar cane blocks later, though.

FavoriteFox

Jul 29, 2019
I found a huge oil well close to my base so I started using combustion engines. I still use them today but I've separated the components and connected everything using energy and liquid tesseracts. This allows me to exploit remote oil wells by placing only 4 blocks (pump, energy and liquid tesseract and chunk loader) and place a quarry in three blocks (quarry, ender chest, energy tesseract). I also put the oil refinery/fuel tank and water tank near my other tanks. Using tesseracts keeps the piping to a minimum and allows for easy expansion. I currently have 21 combution engines producing 126MJ/t.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I found a huge oil well close to my base so I started using combustion engines. I still use them today but I've separated the components and connected everything using energy and liquid tesseracts. This allows me to exploit remote oil wells by placing only 4 blocks (pump, energy and liquid tesseract and chunk loader) and place a quarry in three blocks (quarry, ender chest, energy tesseract). I also put the oil refinery/fuel tank and water tank near my other tanks. Using tesseracts keeps the piping to a minimum and allows for easy expansion. I currently have 21 combution engines producing 126MJ/t.

Item Tesseracts are cheaper than ender chests, more flexible, and let you make your build size even smaller. Ender chests are outclassed pretty handily by them now. If we had logistics pipes in the FTB family, then it'd be really hard to justify using ender chests at all.

FavoriteFox

Jul 29, 2019
Item Tesseracts are cheaper than ender chests, more flexible, and let you make your build size even smaller. Ender chests are outclassed pretty handily by them now. If we had logistics pipes in the FTB family, then it'd be really hard to justify using ender chests at all.

Sounds promising. I haven't tried out item tesseracts yet because I focused on upgrading my energy system first. I was tired of manually placing redstone energy cells.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I mostly agree, but I disagree completely with this point:
If we had logistics pipes in the FTB family, then it'd be really hard to justify using ender chests at all.
If Logistics Pipes was in FTB, there would be a very solid reason to use Ender Chests; Remote Orderer. Set up a ender chest with a remote orderer connected to it, with your logistics system connected to it. Link a Ender Pouch to that chest. You can now request items from your Logistics System while in the field, and pull it out of the ender pouch.
Thus, Item Tesseracts outclass Ender Chests in all but one way; in field resupplying.

Reactions: JustHeyo

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I mostly agree, but I disagree completely with this point:
If Logistics Pipes was in FTB, there would be a very solid reason to use Ender Chests; Remote Orderer. Set up a ender chest with a remote orderer connected to it, with your logistics system connected to it. Link a Ender Pouch to that chest. You can now request items from your Logistics System while in the field, and pull it out of the ender pouch.
Thus, Item Tesseracts outclass Ender Chests in all but one way; in field resupplying.

Ah, I see what you mean. This is a very good point!

Still, my point stands. I wish we had logistics pipes in the FTB packs. It's not only more powerful than redpower2's stuff, it's grown into something that is more fun and feels "more minecrafty." And those HUD goggles? Hot like the sun.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I wish we had logistics pipes so my friend would make his bada*s sorting system he made in previous versions of BC. Or is that from IC? I dunno, he's just always complaining about not having them, and we really need one because I'm tired of running back and forth from our 9 crystal quarry chests to sort stuff myself into barrels. -_- And I'm far too lazy to make DW20's sorting system, even if we have the materials.

MeinerEiner

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics Pipe would be awsome.

And here is my setup
Boiler runnung on Biomass
2013-02-04_13.30.51.jpg

Getting all the reeds. I am not sure what to use next with the new Forestry farm system.
2013-01-18_10.55.56.jpg

And this time I dont want solars all over the place. So here is the nuclear revolution ^^
2013-02-07_19.24.04.jpg

One retriver is pulling out near depleted uranium and another one is sending in new Quad cells
2013-02-08_16.37.34.jpg

Eli Delano

Jul 29, 2019
Here is what going down in my basement lava powered everything. cant see all the magamatic engines but they're is about 15 of them and a few combustion engines

Attachments

• powerroom.png
    powerroom.png
    734.5 KB · Views: 370

masterventris

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my power room, I tried to make an interesting building to put it in.

(Lots of pics)

The outside view, showing the building design. The 2 tree farms providing fuel can be seen in this picture.
zblgERc.jpg

View through the door. That is two liquid 36HP boilers running 36 industrial steam engines for 288MJ/t.
cthbe4E.jpg

One of the boilers. I tried to detail it so it looked like it had a chimney.
2N2KsiZ.png

The array of steam engines. The buildcraft pipe in the middle is providing the fuel.
13OueTb.png

Auxillary 27LP boiler running on charcoal. This powers 12 commercial steam engines that run the fuel production for the main boilers.
nB6ENhK.png

Biomass Production. The fermenter on the right will be using apple juice from the 2 squeezers once the unreliable apple supply is sorted.
CMtjtNR.png

Biofuel production. The fermenter can run all those stills when using apple juice. That tank is not empty, it is 8 high and goes under the floor.
0icsl1w.png

Turtle Operated auto charging station. These cells are used to get around the 25% energy loss on tesseracts. Still a WIP as the none stacking energy cells are awkward.
TI2te4T.png

Turtle collecting a full cell.
8lf3OP5.png

Some full room shots.
EWppRy1.jpg

D9YryIS.jpg

The roof with the water supply and the chimneys. Water tanks are mostly aesthetic, as they dont provide enough water.
mIRfR9a.jpg

sY7rfXr.png

TheOne

Jul 29, 2019

(Lots of pics)

The outside view, showing the building design. The 2 tree farms providing fuel can be seen in this picture.
zblgERc.jpg

View through the door. That is two liquid 36HP boilers running 36 industrial steam engines for 288MJ/t.
cthbe4E.jpg

One of the boilers. I tried to detail it so it looked like it had a chimney.
2N2KsiZ.png

The array of steam engines. The buildcraft pipe in the middle is providing the fuel.
13OueTb.png

Auxillary 27LP boiler running on charcoal. This powers 12 commercial steam engines that run the fuel production for the main boilers.
nB6ENhK.png

Biomass Production. The fermenter on the right will be using apple juice from the 2 squeezers once the unreliable apple supply is sorted.
CMtjtNR.png

Biofuel production. The fermenter can run all those stills when using apple juice. That tank is not empty, it is 8 high and goes under the floor.
0icsl1w.png

Turtle Operated auto charging station. These cells are used to get around the 25% energy loss on tesseracts. Still a WIP as the none stacking energy cells are awkward.
TI2te4T.png

Turtle collecting a full cell.
8lf3OP5.png

Some full room shots.
EWppRy1.jpg

D9YryIS.jpg

The roof with the water supply and the chimneys. Water tanks are mostly aesthetic, as they dont provide enough water.
mIRfR9a.jpg

sY7rfXr.png

Love the layout, any chance you could post some more pictures of it?

Reactions: TheLegendaryFoxFire

Arathoren

Jul 29, 2019

(Lots of pics)

zblgERc.jpg

What are you using to generate smoke at the top of your smoke stacks?

masterventris

Jul 29, 2019
Ok here are more pics and and a more detailed explanation.

This is the part of the factory that produces Biomass. The fermenter on the right produces biomass from excess saplings from the tree farm. The 2 machine on the left are squeezers producing apple juice from apples that I collect with a forestry multiblock farm set up as an orchard. Apple juice gives a 1.5x bonus on biomass per sapling so it is worth using over water. The water pipe is an emergency is apple juice runs out. The whole thing is fed using logistics pipes connected to my unified logistics system.

RGcnRhk.png

Opposite the biomass production is the Biofuel production. Biomass is converted to Biofuel in the 5 Stills. The liquid fueled boilers require Biofuel instead of Biomass. This biofuel is then stored in the iron tank.

oNc9z7G.png

ClihiyV.png

Under the floor is a mess of pipes, liquiducts and energy conduits feeding the machines. This isnt neat as nobody will see it and none of it ever needs maintenance.

pNwe0wW.png

VVzMT75.png

This is the steves carts tree farm that provides saplings for biomass production. You might be able to tell from the shape that it used to be an old forestry arboretum.

OJ8DycP.jpg

This is the new multifarm producing apples. It also is producing rubber atm as I had a sudden shortage last night.

NPQHeVi.jpg

Here is a close up of the steam engine arrays. Nothing fancy, redstone underneath, steam on top, and energy conduit down the middle.

n6p1t0H.png

Here is the guts of the turtle charging station. The gates emit redstone when the adjacent energy cell is full, and the turtle acts on the colour of the redstone to know which to collect. The redstone signal also has the side effect of turning on the adjacent panel indicating it's full.

uXv9CHn.png

tF7n3sO.png

The smoke from the chimneys is indeed smoking blocks from Twilight Forest. These are hugely common in fire swamp biomes.

WoFRoXd.jpg

A couple of full base shots to finish up.

gWiSKZp.jpg

k5MZoJM.jpg