[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
With 2 young kids, I dont think I will ever have the time to really make anything as aesthetically pleasing; Ill settle for hands free and functional!

My kids make it hard to play because they're always commenting (backseat driving) on whatever I do! My base is still a big wall around a lit up area with some farms, somewhat because of that. I still have grand aesthetic plans, but they will take a while.

Reactions: rivvest

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
My kids make it hard to play because they're always commenting (backseat driving) on whatever I do! My base is still a big wall around a lit up area with some farms, somewhat because of that. I still have grand aesthetic plans, but they will take a while.

Surprised you aren't just LANing with them then, they'd probably really enjoy it. :)

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
Surprised you aren't just LANing with them then, they'd probably really enjoy it. :)
Mine are 8 months old (so he would eat the mouse) and 3.5 who wants to play but hasn't mastered wasd + mouse.

I set up a creative vanilla world for him and let him wander around, but most of the time I have to do the mouse look for him and let him do the w and jumping and any "chopping". I cant wait for the day when he can play with me on a lan. I suppose when that day comes I have to expect to log in and Ill be doing the regrowth equivalent of making my first magic seeds and he will be working on thaumcraft.

Reactions: JustHeyo

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Quick question, wich dimensions are available in the modpack?? Im thinking bout where to putthe BM ritual for the demon cityand looking for possibilities

Didn't see anyone answer you on this - the dimensions that I see available in the pack are the standard ones (Overworld, Nether, The End), along with Spirit World and Torment (from Witchery) and The Outer Lands (Thaumcraft).

Reactions: JustHeyo

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019

My oldest is seven and has just started playing on her own. I need to buy her her own account so we can do that! The other two are four -- not sure if they're quite up to it yet. They always tell me to run away from the bad guys.

PaulPer_TF2

Jul 29, 2019
got the server fixed and planning on starting sunday!

hopefully the series my friends and i film will be decent

any suggestions for what we should do our first hour of the game besides tc flint tools and torch up a base area?

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
got the server fixed and planning on starting sunday!

hopefully the series my friends and i film will be decent

any suggestions for what we should do our first hour of the game besides tc flint tools and torch up a base area?

First night a house will do, but you need more than torches, you'll need a walled off area with a rim that sticks out 1 block to stop spiders.

Bonus trick to maintain sanity is to put quintupled punji sticks (made using sugar cane) every other block on the floor of your outside wall to kill anything that lingers and makes an absurd amount of noise (looking at your screeching spiders).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
My oldest is seven and has just started playing on her own. I need to buy her her own account so we can do that! The other two are four -- not sure if they're quite up to it yet. They always tell me to run away from the bad guys.

Aww, kids are awesome that way. :D

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
For some reason NEI doesn't display some Bibliocraft items. Such as framed blocks, or a Dark Oak Clock, even though they are craftable.

triplm

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason NEI doesn't display some Bibliocraft items. Such as framed blocks, or a Dark Oak Clock, even though they are craftable.
there are alot of wood types out there bibiocraft can use for each of their recipes, the number of shown recipies might be culled to avoid lag when searching

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So playing around with mekanism's smelteries (ie electric furnaces), and after a couple days of work, I cannot get my hoppers to input to or buildcraft pipes to output from them. I've learned the configuration rules for mekanism, and as far as I can tell it should be working fine, but nope! Pics below;

http://imgur.com/WLnYi3a

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
So playing around with mekanism's smelteries (ie electric furnaces), and after a couple days of work, I cannot get my hoppers to input to or buildcraft pipes to output from them. I've learned the configuration rules for mekanism, and as far as I can tell it should be working fine, but nope! Pics below;

http://imgur.com/WLnYi3a

The left set of buttons is for "strict input" with using mekanism's logistical pipes. Unless you want to use those pipes, don't use that. Turn strict input off and then only use the right set of buttons to define input and output sides. I usually have a problem with mekanism's auto-eject when ejecting to pipes where it doesn't always work. So if nothing is coming out, use a wooden/emerald pipe with an engine to extract items.

Edit: I believe Vaygrim has a good video on how to use mekanism including logistical pipes if you want to get in to using those.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
For Botania, does anyone have a list of the specific # for mana cost/generation? If not, about how many Hydro or Sun flowers to keep the Elf portal open?

Is there anything breeding Fish/Bees gives you that you can't get from flowers?

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
For Botania, does anyone have a list of the specific # for mana cost/generation? If not, about how many Hydro or Sun flowers to keep the Elf portal open?

Botania doesn't circulate around numbers with mana, and the thing that keeps the portal open is if you have a stedy amount of mana in the pools that is slowly drains.
Solution Question: Do you have redstone?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
My kids are 16 and 14, I used to LAN with them quite a bit a couple years ago, but my eldest daughter is off SMPing with her friends and my youngets never really picked up the gaming bug. In my own way I've moulding the next generation of gamer, evolution?

Reactions: Tairgire

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019

You can get Oil from Bees

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

Someone posted a setup earlier to keep a portal open, I'm just uploading a video now on how to stack hydroangeas.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure somehad done that
I've thought about making a BEE based pack, I'm one of those weirdo's that loves bees. :)

But I'm also to lazy and untalented so it hasn't happened. :)
I'm sure I've seen it in the past, it would bee great to see again though