[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have an altar nearby with sufficient altar power? It needs it.

The cauldron does? I didn't think it needed altar power... Well, it looks like it's close enough. 13 total blocks from the closest center block of my altar, and it's a little off to the side so it should be in range. Plus, setting my spinning wheel in a mirrored position shows it's getting altar power, so I can only assume the cauldron is getting it.

Do you have an altar with sufficient power nearby? Are you throwing the items in in the correct order (left to right in NEI)?

Yeah, I'm careful about the order, mandrake, then nugget, then chalk. It just sits there, though.

I mean, I just toss it in and the stuff I'm trying to make is supposed to pop out, right?

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
See if you can lookup the recipe for the oak drawers, that's what I was looking up when I crashed most recently. Typically anything I look up that uses wood crashes me. Since you are mid-game have you tried fishing? I am only getting raw fish, no live ones and I've even tried fishing under water just in case it was somehow thinking they were hitting the ground.

I think better rods help with catching live fish. But catching more fish means more live fish too. I was using and autofisher with bread bait and reed rods in 0.65 and keeping it powered and it produced a slow but steady stream of live fish of SOME species. Others I don't think are catchable at all. Need to breed them.

I have fished some in 0.71 and with about 30 caught fish I think I have 2 live fish already. Fishing is MUCH faster (too fast, IMO) in 0.71. It was a bit slow in 0.65. I'd prefer something between the two. I sort of fish a bit when I want a break and it's pretty frenetic now. :p

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
The cauldron does? I didn't think it needed altar power... Well, it looks like it's close enough. 13 total blocks from the closest center block of my altar, and it's a little off to the side so it should be in range. Plus, setting my spinning wheel in a mirrored position shows it's getting altar power, so I can only assume the cauldron is getting it.

Yeah, I'm careful about the order, mandrake, then nugget, then chalk. It just sits there, though.

I mean, I just toss it in and the stuff I'm trying to make is supposed to pop out, right?

From what I can seem to find try and get your altar up past 2800 for the golden chalk.
Edit* Maybe only over 2000

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
From what I can seem to find try and get your altar up past 2800 for the golden chalk.
Edit* Maybe only over 2000

Ahh, that may be it. Granted, NEI doesn't say a thing about it; thanks for the info, I'll try that out.

EDIT: Yeah, regular mutandis production seems to work, must be altar power.

carl chadwick

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Has anyone witness a bug where left clicking on anything with a stick brings up blockname [cracked sand] and metadata etc. Is this a bug or have i just pressed something wrong?!?! haha

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Has anyone witness a bug where left clicking on anything with a stick brings up blockname [cracked sand] and metadata etc. Is this a bug or have i just pressed something wrong?!?! haha
No that is a feature added by a mod...gives block details of whatever block you click on with a stick in your hand

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Sure thing - go into /config/enderzoo/ and edit the EnderZoo.cfg file - look for this line and edit it to false:
  • B:direWolfEnabled=true to B:direWolfEnabled=false
That'll do the trick.

Thx, but i don't want to disable them, i just want to turn down the wolfes volume. I think i try to delete their soundfile or something ;P

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like pipes aren't going to work as a solution in the smeltery. I'm using an emerald pipe to pump molten metal from a seared drain into an ingot cast. Apparently the pipe is subtracting a teeny bit of liquids on each transaction (for lack of a better word), meaning the last ingot cast is never quite full, despite feeding it nothing but raw ores.

For instance: I smelted roughly a stack of iron ore, followed by about 20 aluminum ore, followed by 4 gold ore.

In each case, the ingot cast sat there partially full until I broke it and set it back in place for the next metal.

Is there a reliable mid-game way to do this? I haven't touched Mekanism yet - I'm completely ignorant about it.

I just stick to producing metal blocks right from the smeltery, then break them by hand as needed (can automate that easily with the compacting chest things too). I only do batches of 9 ores so they come out even. At least for my mass production. For making tools and such I swap in an ingot mold to clear out the "change." If you're left with a half ingot (like after casting a single tool rod) just make another rod or something that uses a half and store that to melt down later when you need it. Or void chest it. :) Resources are plentiful once you're rolling.

The ingot caster works well with the crucible, but the Buildcraft pipes have a habit of stealing a bit of liquid from transfers now and then which borks up the works when they are used.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like pipes aren't going to work as a solution in the smeltery. I'm using an emerald pipe to pump molten metal from a seared drain into an ingot cast. Apparently the pipe is subtracting a teeny bit of liquids on each transaction (for lack of a better word), meaning the last ingot cast is never quite full, despite feeding it nothing but raw ores.

For instance: I smelted roughly a stack of iron ore, followed by about 20 aluminum ore, followed by 4 gold ore.

In each case, the ingot cast sat there partially full until I broke it and set it back in place for the next metal.

Is there a reliable mid-game way to do this? I haven't touched Mekanism yet - I'm completely ignorant about it.
You can make a simple repeating clock once you have redstone with an hourglass and a few pieces of redstone.

Other than that it is manual. And yes, it can be annoying if you are trying to make a massive amount of ore.

Lilylicious

Jul 29, 2019
I've been encountering frequent crashing while looking up NEI recipes recently. I'm currently running a forced update to see if it solves anything, I'll keep you all posted on the success/failure of it. I've had it happen several times while looking up AgriCraft recipes, most recently Cucumber seeds. I can't tell if it's AgriCraft specific or not, since I'm not doing much else. Crash log below.

pastebin

EDIT: The forced update didn't solve anything, still having frequent NEI related crashes.

Last edited:

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget the rocky bees. They still spawn if you're willing to do a bit of digging.

Can just transmute to other hives a but further in than I am since I restarted. But nice to see a few other types (I hope rare!) around to jumpstart bee breeding if I want.

My main issue now is finding a place to settle. I grabbed a small island for a research base and haven't found a nice reef for my main base. I want to do a water base this time. This way I can get real green grass before getting to where I can make biomes change. I figure a glass partly underwater base in a reef will be very pleasant with all that colorful coral outside.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
He 'bit' you pretty softly. It might not be helpful for you to get taught a lesson (ie. search for things yourself) but it's pretty helpful for everyone else who constantly answers questions for people who don't know how or simply refuse to use 'search'. As far as any attitude you may have perceived in his post, yes he could have been gentle but speaking for myself, my patience is worn pretty thin just seeing how many repeat posts there are in this thread let alone actually replying lol, if I'd answered your question I probably wouldn't have been as soft as he. I get it, but... @_@;

It's tiring. >_<

This. You, sir, understand.

Honestly, what gets me so "attitudinous," for lack of a better word, is that people can be so blatantly stupid when it comes to these kinds of things. Either something happens and they're too stupid to try other ways to get something done (because, ya know, maybe they're actually not doing something right), and/or they're too lazy to bother to look up an answer for themselves, so they come onto this thread expecting everyone else to waste their time trying to explain a basic mechanic that's shoved down their throat in the questbook, reinforced with in-mod documentation, and which can be learned about by looking at the first answer on a google search.

TLDR: If you're stupid, lazy, and/or entitled, and you don't try to solve your own problems, I immediately dislike you, and I don't give a flying FAQ about hurting your precious widdle feelings.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014

Buildcraft pipes truly suck (and I'm so punny).

You are better off giving a redstone pulse to the faucet to make it cast ingots. Some people here mentioned an automagy hourglass that could do it, and there is also the barrel trick.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
You can make a simple repeating clock once you have redstone with an hourglass and a few pieces of redstone.

Other than that it is manual. And yes, it can be annoying if you are trying to make a massive amount of ore.

You can automate (to a degree) before redstone by using a hopperhock timer. I posted upthread one I was using in 0.65. Don't have a smeltery yet in 0.71. Soon, I hope. My 0.65 setup would let me run past, dump in some large multiple of 9 amount of ore and run off. When I came back later I'd have a part stack of metal blocks waiting in the chest. Those could be easily pumped out from the chest with Buildcraft pipes and sent off into a sorting system. With multiple (smaller, I'd think) smelteries, you could even feed the ore automatically from a sort system input chest elsewhere. Or from a B-space barrel (or set of barrels, one per smeltery ore assignment). The hardest part of automating the works would be harvesting the fields... at least until you can do Thaumcraft golems or something.

JkXKFcj.png

Last edited:

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019

I believe the problem is from having more than one type of molten metal in the smeltery at a time. If you only put one type of ore into the smeltery, or use the right amount of ore to create alloys so there isn't any leftover of either metal, then you shouldn't have an issue.