[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, I see. I didn't expect that to be one of the changes for this pack, I must admit. Thanks. :)

I think I recall seeing somewhere that it's an official Botania change. May be just me thinking wrong, but I coulda sworn I saw on some Botania strategy thread somewhere that the 2x2 pool was outdated since hydroangeas drink faster now.

Bloodroot

Jul 29, 2019
a name tag given a player's name (on a vanilla anvil) - I used my own name since I'm in singleplayer

I am running a local server with myself as the only player, but I decided it was worth a try to see if I could make someone else's head. And I could, so now I have a head with a purple hood and a beard on my altar.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I saw one of the Yogscast do was to make a subterranean garden directly underneath the altar, with a couple levels of witchery plants. Helped with my DW20 altar immensely.

Was it the Yogscast, or Ako the Builder? Because Ako did it on his RR3 Lets play.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all. I currently can't use hydroangeas, even in groups of two when it isn't raining, because they absorb water faster than a 2x2 pool can replenish itself. Is this intended, and if not, did something increase the tick speed they normally use or something?
Just use a 3x3 pool, guarantees there are always source blocks to replenish the water supply.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Just use a 3x3 pool, guarantees there are always source blocks to replenish the water supply.

I make mine 5x5, two level's deep, and I change the flowers into the floating ones, then stack them underwater. It works really well.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Was it the Yogscast, or Ako the Builder? Because Ako did it on his RR3 Lets play.

I think it was Hannah, she built a giant Lion King overhang above a village, with tons of plants growing inside it, for some ritual she couldn't get enough power for otherwise.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was Hannah, she built a giant Lion King overhang above a village, with tons of plants growing inside it, for some ritual she couldn't get enough power for otherwise.

Ok I think I remember that one. They had a good setup. It was her an nilesy. Ako just did it a few episodes back and it was a good setup with the farm hidden under the altar that's why I thought of that.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
If you've opened up the elven portal from botania and got some pixie dust then you can use a 'player's head' instead of the wither/skeleton skull.

Saw the method on one of @PurpleMentat's vids - put the following on a runic altar (I think it needs the alchemical catalyst but not 100% on that):

• one pixie dust
  • a skeleton skull
  • a golden apple
  • a name tag given a player's name (on a vanilla anvil) - I used my own name since I'm in singleplayer

Anyway, I got my altar over 8000, and it was less than 7000 with the Wither skull.
I can't seem to get this to work...

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I am running a local server with myself as the only player, but I decided it was worth a try to see if I could make someone else's head. And I could, so now I have a head with a purple hood and a beard on my altar.
You had the same idea I did apparently :) I'm thinking I have the same head on my altar as well.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds pretty interesting, any chance you could post a pic of it?

It was hard to see because of the water, so I jumped over to my test world to build it inside the glass.

Attachments

• Setup1.png
    Setup1.png
    854 KB · Views: 77
  • Setup2.png
    Setup2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 80

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
That looks awesome, I am definitely going to try that build out myself

Just to let you know, you need to combine any basic floating flower with your functional/generating flower to get the floating version. You cannot glow -> float a functional flower directly. It took me awhile to figure that out, because there was no recipe when clicking on one of the functional flowers.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge the upcoming update won't break our current Agricaft farms, will it? I ask because I recall them needing the crops to be planted on tilled garden soil post-update, and right now mine aren't.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
It won't break them as in drop them all over the floor, but the plants will stop growing until you move them to the right soil.

Awesome, that's what I was hoping for. Also, while I'm thinking about it, under the "What the world enables" quest grouping, the "On a roll" quest (rolling machine) leads to the "Full steam ahead" quest (solid fuel boiler and commercial steam engine), which then leads into the "Under pressure" quest. What I'm confused about is that the last one says "With your newfound ability to make steel..." but there was never a quest to make a blast furnace beforehand (which is the only way to make steel, unless you luck out and find a steel block in witchery circles), so is this intended, is the blast furnace elsewhere and I'm missing it, or are you adding the blast furnace quest in later?

EDIT: Just went through the titanium quest, blast furnace one opened up afterwards. I'd recommend locking "Under pressure" until the blast furnace is complete, since it was rather confusing.

Last edited: