New profile posts

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
T
Hi! Just a formality before I pick up FTB: I'd like to know how the launcher handles my login credentials.
Especially if they're saved / transmitted via plain text rather than encrypted. Mojang explicitly instructs not to use MC credentials in anything that's not official.
I couldn't find anything on that. If it's down to trusting you guys that's a risk I can assess, but unsafe credential handling isn't!
Thanks!
T
Hi! Just a formality before I pick up FTB: I'd like to know how the launcher handles my login credentials.
Especially if they're saved / transmitted via plain text rather than encrypted. Mojang explicitly instructs not to use MC credentials in anything that's not official.
I couldn't find anything on that. If it's down to trusting you guys that's a risk I can assess, but unsafe credential handling isn't!
Thanks!
T
TheBlackSun
Okay, that's the local part, but I'm more concerned about the network part. Are the credentials themselves transmitted over network (in an unsafe manner), or even stored online at any point is what I'm asking. I appreciate your time and answers. =)
J
jikuja
FTB Launcher uses Mojang's API for token creation. It is protected with HTTPS. No external third party services are getting access your login credentials
T
TheBlackSun
Perfect! Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Quite assuring. thank you for your time. =)
"just so people are aware, I do read these, just some days I forget. " - slowpoke 2012
buggirlexpres
buggirlexpres
you shouldn't have to get every kind of bee for a pack or several stacks of cobble - those are lame goals. simply reaching the point of being able to breed special bees or having the ability to automate cobble is enough.
buggirlexpres
buggirlexpres
don't force your user through meaningless objectives. you have the ability, through quests, minetweaker, and the progression mod to create gates for your users.
buggirlexpres
buggirlexpres
give them a sense of progression. the progression is what people enjoy, not the grind. people grind for cobble not to have cobble but to build a castle. you get the idea.
R
can you provide a direct download to the Mindfold Paradox mudpack, as it is not available in the ftb legacy launcher nor the twitch-formerly know as curse- launcher.
Rest in peace brother... Rest in peace
buggirlexpres
buggirlexpres
not gone buddy! just in different places. if you wanna get in touch, i'm pretty active as @a_rat_king on twitter, and i am rat#2319 on discord. plus, my email is always available to people on my profile.
M
Yo would you be interested in playing some co op with me?
I have been playing a ton of random packs and have a general idea of what to do.
I like playing with quest books and vein miner so almost any skyblock.
Let me know!
Im 19 and live in the US if that helps.
M
How do i download the modpack now?
T
Hello. New here. I was wondering, did you guys stop work on Simply Magic 2?