J
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• T
    Hi! Just a formality before I pick up FTB: I'd like to know how the launcher handles my login credentials.
    Especially if they're saved / transmitted via plain text rather than encrypted. Mojang explicitly instructs not to use MC credentials in anything that's not official.
    I couldn't find anything on that. If it's down to trusting you guys that's a risk I can assess, but unsafe credential handling isn't!
    Thanks!
    T
    TheBlackSun
    Okay, that's the local part, but I'm more concerned about the network part. Are the credentials themselves transmitted over network (in an unsafe manner), or even stored online at any point is what I'm asking. I appreciate your time and answers. =)
    J
    jikuja
    FTB Launcher uses Mojang's API for token creation. It is protected with HTTPS. No external third party services are getting access your login credentials
    T
    TheBlackSun
    Perfect! Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Quite assuring. thank you for your time. =)
    M
    I downloaded and got the game itself working. The server said that there was something no binary path available to the java folder. I downloaded a different server and it said that there was no java runtime environment available. I downloaded the latest version of JE. It still didn't work. The servers are overpriced. I kept getting a .gz file but had no clue where to put it.
    A
    I downloaded the SkyFactory 3 pack and when I launch it, it nearly finishes loading mods then stops and crashes... but it just quits the app not showing any "Sorry for the crash".. Can you help me find out why? I really wanted to play this modpack!
    H
    I have downloaded the mod pack FTBTrident and everytime i open the game it comes up with this. Do you know any way of fixing this? Ive looked through the mod pack files and i have exactly what my friends have.

Forge mod loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation
    You have mod sources that are duplicate within your system
    mod ID:file name
    Mcheli:Minecraft
    MCheli:MCheli
    P
    I've recently started Playing FTB again this year and noticed that I had this error pop up on me GET request for mcjsons/versions/1.10.2/1.10.2.json failed. Please Send log to launcher team and provide your public IP address if possible. I've had it previously installed before but did a complete fresh install on FTB to see if it would fix the error of not having a Json file
    J
    jikuja
    That error can be safely ignored now
    P
    Pockyman1
    I've also noticed that when i look around in my files that I dont even have a Json file for when i want to install certain texture mods and prevents me from doing so since i dont have one
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…