Your thoughts on the Technic Platform?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I am wondering if one major thing is being skipped in all this. Country of origin.

Oh. Though I think the copyright laws in Sweden are under a certain set of standards which are also in place in the US. Though I don't know how much the two are different.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
CovertJaguar will

Nah he won't, the guy is smart enough to realize that taking minecraft mods to court is tantamount to suicide in this community. The fact that he got pissed enough about free things on the internet to hire a lawyer would get him laughed out of any law office in the world, except one of those sketchy traffic lawyers you see on tv.

Reactions: GreenWolf13

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Covert won't sure for the reasons Entropy said. Maybe they are Whovian but I am not an authority on the matter. I am a librarian whom is in a basement and has mushrooms growing around me.

Reactions: Whovian

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Nah he won't, the guy is smart enough to realize that taking minecraft mods to court is tantamount to suicide in this community. The fact that he got pissed enough about free things on the internet to hire a lawyer would get him laughed out of any law office in the world, except one of those sketchy traffic lawyers you see on tv.

You seem extremely disillusioned about your general lawyer in general (hint: there are a lot of them and a majority aren't doing any serious crimes!), also dependent on the country of which he operates the lawsuit from it's extremely likely he can win a case. This Enzer fellow comes across as an American law student who thinks only his countries laws apply.

I know a lawyer who would probably pick up the case, we dropped her eventually because she wasn't good enough, but not good enough just seems the norm these days.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
You seem extremely disillusioned about your general lawyer in general (hint: there are a lot of them and a majority aren't doing any serious crimes!).

I don't even know what you're saying here, please elaborate. I have yet to mention any legal talk, so I'm not quite sure how I could be "disillusioned".

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I'm starting to grow fond of this community.

You guys are smart, usually polite, check your facts before posting, even some flame-bait topics end up with some pretty tame and decent conversation.

You don't see that often.

I try to be as honest, level headed, and informed as I can. But we are not all prefect all the time.

Reactions: Whovian

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
But they are smiling to me and talking about some princess that needs saving in some castle.

^_^

That's fine. just put down the plumbing wrench before you tuck in. the shrooms will do you good. trust me. a little bunny with a clock said so.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even know what you're saying here, please elaborate. I have yet to mention any legal talk, so I'm not quite sure how I could be "disillusioned".

Suggesting someone with almost anything under the sun that may be conceivable as a case would get laughed out of a lawyers office is the disillusion in place.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Not him again. That smug S O B is always waking me up in the middle of the night about being late. Thankfully Pinkie Pie knows how to wield a mean knife.

I know this is off topic but some levity does a thread and soul good. Can't be so serious all the time else one gets old before their time.

On topic. I will give things time before i decide on what to use. FTB, the platform, ++ or give my hand at making my own mod/pack

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Suggesting someone with almost anything under the sun that may be conceivable as a case would get laughed out of a lawyers office is the disillusion in place.

[...]except one of those sketchy traffic lawyers you see on tv.
I believe he accounted for the lawyers that would likely be willing to consider this type of case in that point, as it's unlikely that this case will make them much money at all because the damages are non-existent.

Reactions: GreenWolf13

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Unless the laywer is in need of money or lives in Colorado USA it is hard to say for certain that they would jump on the case. Laughed out maybe but I don't see many laywers even going pro bono for a case between two private parties on software.

zarendahl

Jul 29, 2019
Something to keep in mind about any lawsuit is that personal jurisdiction over a defendant is going to complicate any lawsuit filed, by virtue of the fact that locating the person responsible could be a major undertaking. Not to mention potentially prohibitively expensive for someone who doesn't make a penny off the copyrighted work. Most of the requirements for actually launching an infringement suit are not met by most, if not all, mods currently in circulation.

Note that I am not a lawyer, just a decent researcher when it comes to digging up information.

In case your wondering where I got this information:
http://www.whitecase.com/files/Publ...r-Bringing-Copyright-Infringement-Lawsuit.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.