Your energy sources ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drkevlar

Jul 29, 2019
Good thing i started my map with fun versions of mods.

Edit: Old versions have some funny power sources :)

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
In all seriousness, however, this is a disturbing mentality to see, especially expressed in the form "this is the fun version" (implying that its removal is a strong negative, and enough to make the entire mod unenjoyable).
IK I hate exploits and actively avoid them in my play. I like to do things the way it is intended (the most fun way for me). Like instead of the rock melter and such I would much rather build a Fission/Fusion Reactor

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
IK I hate exploits and actively avoid them in my play. I like to do things the way it is intended (the most fun way for me). Like instead of the rock melter and such I would much rather build a Fission/Fusion Reactor
What I like to do is make everything legitimately and then try to find/effectively exploit every glitch in the most fun ways. The stuff from them usually goes into trash cans for me, but it's fun to see just how much you can find that people overlook.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
What I like to do is make everything legitimately and then try to find/effectively exploit every glitch in the most fun ways. The stuff from them usually goes into trash cans for me, but it's fun to see just how much you can find that people overlook.
yeah finding them is fun, but not using them

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind using a farm or bee powered power plant, but I've disliked using infinite loops. It has always seemed kinda cheesy.

The few self sustaining loops I have messed with over the years always paled to the power output of my normal farms. It just wasn't worth it

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I didn't guess Reika would answer on my topic xD What a glorious day ! Could you maybe do a tutorial one day for the HTGR Reactor ?

EDIT : I just realised that a 3x3x2 HP Steam Boiler can feed 2 Steam Turbines from Big Reators :)

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I didn't guess Reika would answer on my topic xD What a glorious day ! Could you maybe do a tutorial one day for the HTGR Reactor ?

EDIT : I just realised that a 3x3x2 HP Steam Boiler can feed 2 Steam Turbines from Big Reators :)

That depends entirely on how large you build the turbines. :p

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Mob farm, ender pearls go to an ender generator...It's a pretty easy setup and it's extremely efficient, it seriosuly surprised me when I found out how it can keep running and give enough energy for a full mfr setup and ME.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC the last power system I had built was a tree based one. Grow trees, get power. No, not charcoal, and no, not Biofuel. I run Dartcraft, so I was squeezing logs for liquid force. Was working on trying to get my bees up and running.
Now I'm back to IC2 crop craziness. Aiming to get a GT crop harvester up and running, and getting some awesome crops for power; Force Canes! ...like sticky reed, except it drops force gems, dig? Then I was gonna get some Yu Canes too. I really had missed my UUM from IC2, and the EX branch, while kinda cool, was very meh at other parts.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
My base is primarily powered by mob essence and gunpowder via a mob grinder. The secondary power is cakes. The emergency/high demand power is from a BigReactor unit and wither generator.

I'm working on transitioning the primary and secondary to just ender pearl power via lillies on endercores soon to simplify supply chains and lower overall tick rate of my base. I'm more interested in building neat things with all the modded blocks now. I just dont need huge amounts of power like I used to when I just want to build things.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using steam. FSP steam and GT steam. The GT steam also goes into some of the GT steam turbines to create a fairly small amount of EU, but it's enough for our basic machines. For RotaryCraft, whatever works for the machine :D

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to take a bit more of a hands on approach to everything in my current world. I only do single player, and I like my worlds to be long term investments so I dont mind a little bit of grind. In previous games Ive used things like nether lava pumps, Buildcraft fuel-(the oil wells never seem to go dry) And in earlier versions, coal coke (which if you start making early on and automate the dumping of coal into it will last forever as well.) My last world I used Mekanism wind turbines which are just too efficient and too cheap considering what they do. But I like the way they look. I am at a very early stage right now though and have went ahead and made two turbines just to help me get started.

Ive heard that you can use Immibis' liquid XP as fuel in dynamos which is one reason I have it installed. I havent yet tried it out but converting open blocks xp to immibis' is a simple matter of using an XP shower to rain orbs onto an XP collector. The same as converting it to mob essence except with a different block. If it works, I might have to adjust the energy output so that it lasts long enough to be viable. I really dont know how well its going to work.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
In all seriousness, however, this is a disturbing mentality to see, especially expressed in the form "this is the fun version" (implying that its removal is a strong negative, and enough to make the entire mod unenjoyable).
Well, as an eternal restarter, I kinda liked that rock melter power generator. I built it in about a dozen of bases along with the steel train cart -> tico smeltery iron dupe trick. You don't quite build the same way with infinite iron and power and it really create a new approach to the game.

I also kinda hope that the tico crafting station bug is still in 1.7.10 so i'll be able to clone myself inside a spatial storage. I'd really enjoy a few games trying to figure out how many days it take to clone myself this way starting from punching trees. Can I do it in 5 days ? :eek:

So yeah. Lot of fun for me even doe, at the end of the experiment I usualy decide if it's an exploit or not and if I forbid myself to use it any longer.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody !

I just wanted to know what kind of power generation do you use . I'm recreating my base and I need a brand new power source, so I thought I could ask some people .

FeedTheBeast is mainly about producing energy and having fun , so let's see how you produce yours !

I'm actually using a Magical Crops farm with an Harvester that produce coal essence, then I put the essence in a Cyclic Assembler that make Coal . Then I pulverize it and put the coal dust in the Magma Crucible . This process gives you Liquifacted Coal, which you can put in a Compression Dynamo to produce 1 000 000 RF for 1000 Mb. Im sure this isn't the best way to power my base, but I'm planning on making a Wither Boss farm, using Shock Panel from Expanded Redstone.

I'm sure you have better ways to produce energy ,let's see :)
I use a Big Reactor 13 Fuel Rod Reactor Providing steam to a Turbine that generates several thousand RF/t and I use it to power my digital miner to suck up more Yellorite to fuel the reactor... Now I just go do other things since I have 2 Better barrels full of stacks of Yellorite bars set to feed automatically into it. I also have a backup consisting of 5 Heat Generators with lava on 4 sides, and 5 Solar Panels from Galacticraft.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
I've yet to see anything close to Factorization's sculpture system. Nothing comes close to it. Not even Chisel, Carpenters, or Statues has come close to the flexibility of it. Almost any block in the game can become a glaze, and 32 clay is more than enough to create awesome sculptures.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I've yet to see anything close to Factorization's sculpture system. Nothing comes close to it. Not even Chisel, Carpenters, or Statues has come close to the flexibility of it. Almost any block in the game can become a glaze, and 32 clay is more than enough to create awesome sculptures.
Factorization sculpting is either not well-known (likely) or extremely underrated. I use them quite a lot in my bases and it nearly never fails that a server mate asks me what the sculptures are.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization sculpting is either not well-known (likely) or extremely underrated. I use them quite a lot in my bases and it nearly never fails that a server mate asks me what the sculptures are.
Yeah. I think I should make a guide on them. And hell yes they're underrated. When I truly realized their potential i flipped. I actually discovered them on Tekkit; saw it in NEI and thought "Ooh, whats this fo?"

'Twas the start of a beautiful friendship.

Reactions: pizzawolf14