Your energy sources ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Useful =/= fun, and being "outclassed" by other mods doesn't mean it's a bad mod... The things you listed are with mods I never use :p
You wouldn't use JABBA barrels over factorization barrels? You cray-cray mah boi! Apart from AFTER you get a router, Factorization barrels are so temperamental with their dodgy iSidedInputs

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization *pukes* a pretty pointless mod nowadays if you ask me... What does it add that's unique?

Oh, I have no idea. All I know is that its solar boilers generate good, cheap power in FTB Ultimate. Haven't really explored the mod beyond that.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I like having to think about the things I do. Having to put things in/out of the barrel in specific places makes me do that.

Factorization barrels look a lot nicer too.
Look nicer? *pukes* Probably because I CANNOT play default textures, they hurt my brain, and Factorization doesn't have much TP support

Oh, I have no idea. All I know is that its solar boilers generate good, cheap power in FTB Ultimate. Haven't really explored the mod beyond that.
Ahh ok, fair point

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Well i just finished my energy setup ! I used MFr Harvester/Planter on 2 different modules, one for the Carrots/Nether Wart and the other for Pumpkin and Melon . I put the melon and pumpkin in a Cyclic Assembler to make seeds, and the Nether Wart and Carrots directly go in the BioGenerator . I transport the BioFuel in a 3x3x2 Steam Boiler (HP) which produce 360mB of Steam per tick, then I run a 5x5x5 Turbine with the Steam !

It works like a charm, i'll post screens later :)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
They also work like solar power does in the real-world, which no other mod does.

It adds one of its own unique energy systems.
Craftpackets and their machines
The Packager
A very unique ore processing chain
Wrath Igniter
Router stuff
Look nicer? *pukes* Probably because I CANNOT play default textures, they hurt my brain, and Factorization doesn't have much TP support
Why would Factorization need TP support? It uses the Vanilla wood textures...

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wait no ! I never thought I'll have to upset a Mod developer, but Factorization barrels are ... ugly xD ! Jabba's one look a lot nicer ...

Reactions: jordsta95

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
They also work like solar power does in the real-world, which no other mod does.
Except Rotarycraft :D

Craftpackets and their machines
The Packager
A very unique ore processing chain
Wrath Igniter
Router stuff
The packager and the router seem to not work properly in some circumstances, other than that the packager is useful indeed
The router went away in 1.7, the wrath igniter is only used for wrath lamps, which cause problems as well
The crystallizer is kinda slow

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wait no ! I never thought I'll have to upset a Mod developer, but Factorization barrels are ... ugly xD ! Jabba's one look a lot nicer ...
lol I'm not upset about anything :p
I just don't like how JABBA barrels look nothing like the wood they are crafted with. And last time I checked the textures are set up in a very weird way, so it's hard for me to get them to look how I want. I'd rather just use the FZ barrels.

I should say that I prefer The Barrels Mod over JABBA and Factorization's barrels, though.[DOUBLEPOST=1411573573][/DOUBLEPOST]
Except Rotarycraft :D
I have not yet played with RoC's solar stuff. Perhaps I'll do that this world :D

The router went away in 1.7
Forgot about that.
the wrath igniter is only used for wrath lamps, which cause problems as well
I thought it is used to light an absolutely massive area on fire?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it was 1.6, as that was when the "This is going away message" was added to crystal shards/wrath igniter

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Here we are ! Well, I agree, for now my turbine just stay at 1054.9 RPM and just output 1038 RF per tick . That's just because I did only one setup -> 2 Farm with Harvester and Planter and a 3x3x2 Steam Boiler . If I create 3 more setups, I'll output around 4000 RF per tick, and I can go over and over ! Thanks to ljfa for the idea, these turbines are just awesome :D

1411574771-2014-09-24-18-03-21.png

1411574773-2014-09-24-18-04-24.png

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You're welcome :)

The turbine works best when close to 900 or 1800
Btw is your boiler iron or steel? can see it now

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Here we are ! Well, I agree, for now my turbine just stay at 1054.9 RPM and just output 1038 RF per tick .

Use ic2 crops you wont need a planter and it produce faster.

And by all mean, dont let all that grass go to waste ! it's full of essence seeds and canola seed. And you can turn all those flowers into all kind of dye you could send into your bioreactor.

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I tried to let it stay at 900RPM but it's very hard to find the right amount of Steam per tick xD I know that i could harvest the grass, but the flowers are fairly rare while spawned by a sprinkler, and I don't need essence seeds or Canola seeds

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I tried to let it stay at 900RPM but it's very hard to find the right amount of Steam per tick xD I know that i could harvest the grass, but the flowers are fairly rare while spawned by a sprinkler, and I don't need essence seeds or Canola seeds
I'd try around 145-147mb/t, go down 1mb/t wait until it stops dropping, and if it goes down 50RPM, drop it again, if more, then leave it