Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SerTrollface

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if possibly a way around the Children Problem is to have a section set up for 18+, since we need to register our age when we create an account. It doesn't have to have many sections, maybe just a general discussion board and server promotion board, somewhere where adults can have a bit of breathing space away from children, I'm sure currently the moderators have boards only they can access to have breathing space away from us.

I have no idea if this would work in practise.
I'm 13, but I'm not a moron like a lot of yogscast fans. Also, there are a lot of other people that are immature. Only by looking at the youtubers' fans, I can cite SkyDoesMinecraft fans that spam "BUDDER!" or "SQUIDS" in pratically EVERY american video that contains them.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I'm 13, but I'm not a moron like a lot of yogscast fans. Also, there are a lot of other people that are immature. Only by looking at the youtubers' fans, I can cite SkyDoesMinecraft fans that spam "BUDDER!" or "SQUIDS" in pratically EVERY american video that contains them.
Apologies, I wasn't trying to alienate anyone. I know plenty of people under 18 can be mature, and plenty of people over 18 can be immature (I'm 24 and can be incredibly immature), I just thought that age is an easier way to separate the population. Though an hour or so on, based on others posts I agree that the community doesn't need separating at all, it just needs managing.[DOUBLEPOST=1356715681][/DOUBLEPOST]
We'll call our super-secret club "no dogs allowed" then
Oooo and this would keep my ex-girlfriend out, all round winner!

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Positive community does not stay in check when you let tons in who put it at risk, although feel free to prove my otherwise (where moderation doesn't handle it but "positive" community does). You also risk alienating the current members by allowing such a method as once people feel like this place turns into a wasteland they will run to greener pastures, unless their machines make use of cracked sand ofc.

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
I like Yogcast, and Im far from bein 13. I can understand the not wanting immature people into these forums, but age has little to do with maturity.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
Positive community does not stay in check when you let tons in who put it at risk, although feel free to prove my otherwise (where moderation doesn't handle it but "positive" community does). You also risk alienating the current members by allowing such a method as once people feel like this place turns into a wasteland they will run to greener pastures, unless their machines make use of cracked sand ofc.
Funnily enough, that's how reddit got started. They created tons of fake accounts through which the reddit founders directed what the community's attitude and content would look like, by force of peer pressure.

CTMiner

Jul 29, 2019
@Codex: agreed

I say we just set the example and make them adapt to a more mature environment.

I agree that maturity cannot be measured in age, but age can be used a general sense of maturity.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is now an LP thread.

Anyone know any good LPers who you don't hear as much about? Coe's been mentioned, and i used to play on a server he used to frequent, but i found his videos far too slow.

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
I got into minecraft through X's adventures in minecraft.

One of my friends is in to some lying chap. Don't know who he is though.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Quite frankly, I think this is all much ado about nothing. I'm not a Yogscast fan, not a big fan of the lowbrow humor they tend towards, but I really doubt that getting Yogscast a mod pack in FTB (with appropriate permissions, of course) is going to change all that much.

I'm not sure how Tekkit got dragged into this discussion, except the Tekkit Launcher carries the Yogspack. I find it particularly amusing how people seem to think that FTB is in competition with Tekkit, considering neither one of them charge a dime for their services.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Tekkit, mostly because of the rudeness they presented to the mod authors (despite recent attempts to change this), and because of the absolutely juvenile moderators on their forum who revel in ridiculing people. Honestly, it is that attitude, from the moderators of the forum, which probably does more to advance the immaturity of the average tekkit user than anything else. Things like the Whalebox are completely unnecessary. All it does is attract people with a similarly childish viewpoint and lionizes immaturity.

Since the FTB Moderators are significantly more mature, I doubt we will see that degree of immaturity on these forums, as the moderators will step in when it becomes excessive. Since this forum does not permit Certified A$$holes to run amok without impedance (*ahem*), there won't be an encouragement for such behavior. No positive reinforcement + a lack of negative attention which feeds trolls + banhammer liberally applied to aforementioned trolls = low immaturity levels.

Reactions: Zmaster27 and Tyoto

Tundraboy

Jul 29, 2019
Without trying to sound like a nob socket, how is the yogscast and their fans playing ftb any different from the mindcrack server and their fans playing ftb? or any other well known youtuber/group for that matter.

Surely any well known person/group endorsing a product is a good thing seeing as you would surely want said product to succeed. For example i wouldnt even know what ftb was if it wasnt for a youtubers videos (not gonna say who cos it doesnt matter) it is likely that there are plenty of people out there who would benefit from a group such as the yogscast bringing them into ftb.

Lastly id like to say that ftb beta pack A is brillient (not so sure about how the ult pack will fair with all the addons but im looking forward to seeing) and theres no ammount of bullshit from a community that can change a game or mod from being good as it doesnt effect you in the slightest unless you actively search for the bullshit on the forums.

(this sounded angrier than it was so heres a picture of a deer)
BDE_ks02.jpg

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I got into minecraft through X's adventures in minecraft.

One of my friends is in to some lying chap. Don't know who he is though.
I watched him too! I was so sad when it ended.

Ooh, can I be in the awesome club?

thezeronumber

Jul 29, 2019
how is the yogscast and their fans playing ftb any different from the mindcrack server and their fans playing ftb? or any other well known youtuber/group for that matter.

The most striking difference is that the Mindcrack community is far more mature than the Yogscast community. Every basket is going to have a couple of bad eggs but for the majority they are A-OK. I'd also wager the Mindcrack community would fit into the FTB world a great deal easier but that's an assumption more than anything.

This isn't to say every child or younger viewer of the Yogscast is loud and brassen as I know many are not but you don't need to dig too far to see a good example of what the general populous can be like.

Just please, for the love of all that is good in this world, do not let PewDiePie anywhere near this... Words cannot describe how much I loathe him and his fanboys.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is far from what I thought these forums were like before I read it. Some of the posters in this thread make the the FtB community out to be very arrogant and elitist. I am not a fan of people complaining about mods etc but I am less of a fan of people thinking they are better then someone else because they play a different mod pack. A secret club called 'no dogs allowed' seems school playground stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.