Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ollie299792458

Jul 29, 2019
But if
I don't think age has anything to do with it. Simply put, the larger the population, the larger number of trolls. Take 30 minutes reading this forum, then head over to the Tekkit forums; I think you'll notice a difference. Now, there are plenty of useful posts and helpful people there, but you have to wade through a lot more chaff to get to the wheat, if you will. You'll find the same thing on most large forums; World of Warcraft, the official Minecraft forum, what have you.

One possibility, perhaps an introduction to FTB forum in which anyone can post, mainly for getting started and whatnot, that is heavily moderated, and the remainder of the forums be read only until you have, say 10 approved posts?

In the end, I think more people playing and supporting FTB is absolutely a good thing, and any downsides can be dealt with eventually.
But surely by your reasoning there will also be the same proportion of trolls to non trolls so there will be more non trolls as weel[DOUBLEPOST=1356822463][/DOUBLEPOST]
Everyone here plays the same game and none of us know each-other but each one of us can affect others through what or how we post on the forums. If there was no focal point I would agree with your statement but as it stands if someone wants to say something they will go and say it here. Don't get me wrong; there is nothing wrong with someone speaking their mind but it would be best for everyone if the person making the topic or post could do so with some grace in-mind. Shouting via caps-lock, stringing several emotes together for no reason and cursing profusely is not exactly what FTB-users want to be seeing when they next pop on to the forums.

Basically, I'm all for the popularity boost if the Yogscast get in on this but I hope the moderators are ready for what their community might bring.
You do know if you ignore something on the forums it doesn't effect you, and also it just descends down to the bottom of the list with.time.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
There was a period where it was full of ads threads, I don't know if it still is, because now I visit it only to see the news ;).

I avoid that place like the plague. For the most part it's poorly moderated and just a total mess. I'll stick to FTB and Technic thank you very much.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Oh gosh, I hope not. I absolutely loath the yogscast. They have not the slightest idea what they are doing and yet everybody watches them. I would prefer that they didn't do FTB. It would also give other youtubers a chance to get big.

ollie299792458

Jul 29, 2019
Oh gosh, I hope not. I absolutely loath the yogscast. They have not the slightest idea what they are doing and yet everybody watches them. I would prefer that they didn't do FTB. It would also give other youtubers a chance to get big.

The yogscast would probably by true best marketing there is, look what they did with technic.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019

The appeal of the yogcast is that they dont know what they are doing, you want a tutorial... go to direwolf, you want comedy you go to yogcast. Having them on FtB will help the youtubers of FtB as they bring more popularity to the mod and so more searches on youtube for FtB so more hits on your youtube. Again this screams of arrogance and selfishness and it is sad that some of the community here think in this elietest manner. I do believe that adding a subforum for the yognauts would be a good idea as that may give them a space to chat about the random shit that happens on their shows. Bring it on if slowpoke can get em... I say! Make em play the my little pony modpack!

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
I'd watch Sips and Sjin or the Railbros tell jokes while incidentally playing FTB. I'm not too interested in the idea of another dramatized series involving the whole crew, though.

Charcharmunro

Jul 29, 2019
You do have to consider two things: The Yogscast are by and far the most popular Minecraft-focused Youtubers out there. The next two down the line haven't done much with modpacks at all, though CaptainSparklez has that DivineRPG series. The most popular group using FTB is the Mindcrack team, which still only amounts to what I'd estimate is around one and a half million subs as a sort of total pool. The other thing is that if you look at any of the earlier FTB videos from these people, every fifth comment or so will either call it Tekkit or say it's ripping off Tekkit. Incidentally, why does nobody say Technic? Anyway, the Technic Pack is a different pack. Similar base-mods to the ones in the FTB packs, yes, but not the same. But people often make these assumptions: Mod A is in FTB and Technic. Mod B is in Technic. Mod B must clearly be in FTB. So some people new to FTB brought here by the Yogscast would soon begin to get annoyed with the lack of some mods, namely EE, since many people used that one as the big one because it was easy to get into and... More-or-less absurdly effective. I've lost interest in the Yogscast Tekkit series around episode 20, when it really devolved more into a storyline-ish thing. Chances are, if the Yogscast did FTB, they'd do a similar thing. Anyway, this post is way too big and I am bored.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to see, as it appears that's Tekkit/Technic are on their way down (they STILL haven't updated, and FTB has some great mods that Tekkit doesn't (Forestry)). I watch the Yogscast and enjoy their videos, but I HATE the fanbase (still can't believe what happened in the whole BtW incident). I agree with the idea of making a separate forum for all the younger Yognaughts to troll and complain, while leaving this for the others.

As for people claiming FTB as a ripoff of Tekkit/Technic - hasn't that already happened?

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
So my question about Tekkit is how in the world can they still be using some of the mods they are not suppose to or have permission? I know that a good portion of the mods are open and they are able to do it.. But some of them... We know they can't.

On youtube they copyright your ass within mins... But tekkit been going on for how long now?

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
So my question about Tekkit is how in the world can they still be using some of the mods they are not suppose to or have permission? I know that a good portion of the mods are open and they are able to do it.. But some of them... We know they can't.

On youtube they copyright your ass within mins... But tekkit been going on for how long now?
Both Technic and Tekkit have full permissions now, so yeah... Whatever the issues in the past, is in the past.

Reactions: Dravarden

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, I don't want a bunch of ten year olds coming here and asking how to make a macerator. If you've ever been on a tekkit server, that's what it is.

So let them ask. Direct them to a wiki. I think we are perfectly capable of handling any influx. If we need more mods, then they'll get more.

Reactions: Martz

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that I don't like answering questions, I quite like it actually, but the general population of tekkit and yogscast fans rely completely on EE2. I find it quite rude how they are pestering Pahimar about adding condensers and collectors back into EE3. If he wanted that stuff to stay in his mod, he wouldn't have started over.

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
Both Technic and Tekkit have full permissions now, so yeah... Whatever the issues in the past, is in the past.
The current technic version still have Mo'creatures in it.
from mo' creatures official thread:
The only package that can currently distribute this mod is the YogBox. Please do not PM or email me asking me for permission to add my mod to your modpack, the answer is 'No'
I gave this exact answer to someone saying the same as you on the technic forums, and the thread got instant deleted.

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
The current dev version of technic does not have optifine or mo'creatures. I think I remember (I may be wrong) the advice being "add it yourself" for those wanting them back.
Yes, but why isn't it removed from the standard version? Same goes for optifine on tekkit.

Status
Not open for further replies.