Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
I find it hard to believe that the brains behind the yogs servers know how to change block ids to suit their new stuff but they didnt know about TC3's regen.... minor oversight me thinks...

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I find it hard to believe that the brains behind the yogs servers know how to change block ids to suit their new stuff but they didnt know about TC3's regen.... minor oversight me thinks...
They probably skipped it on purpose so they don't end up with a bad node right in the middle of honeydew inc or something.

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019

Just for the record, I'm pretty sure the brain behind the servers is ridgedog, so they probably skipped the TC3 regen for a good reason.

Jay Cee

Jul 29, 2019
Well its because they are the console and are cheaper. Everytime when a new gen of console comes out the hate starts to get more heated up. And at this time also the consoles catch up to the PC...

Hahahahahahah this sums it up pretty well "catchs up to the PC". Consoles will catch up to a pretty decently specced PC and this will last for say, 5 months?

It's like saying a bicycle has caught up to a motorbike at an intersection. Until the lights go green..

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched Lalna's video. Honestly it is painful to watch. To me it shows just how much the'Cast was in the know with Tekkit. That or they spent so much time in 1.2.5 and have little idea on what has advanced. The rage in the comments is very funny imo.

Still I have a feeling more deaths will occur just by the fact they have no clue what they are doing. Strange as, to me again, it seems Dave Choas and his group are more knowledgable then the 'Cast. Heck even Hatt Films is doing okay, may be because of Trott knowing enough to get on by even without DW there.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched Lalna's video. Honestly it is painful to watch. To me it shows just how much the'Cast was in the know with Tekkit. That or they spent so much time in 1.2.5 and have little idea on what has advanced. The rage in the comments is very funny imo.

Still I have a feeling more deaths will occur just by the fact they have no clue what they are doing. Strange as, to me again, it seems Dave Choas and his group are more knowledgable then the 'Cast. Heck even Hatt Films is doing okay, may be because of Trott knowing enough to get on by even without DW there.
When you watch a Yogscast video, do you ACTUALLY expect them to know what they are doing?

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
For Lalna I expect some kind of base to be known. I know it is entertainment but he has the most knowledge of the tech mods and even knew about EE2 stuff. Plus I would think that after spending such a time away from Tekkit the whole team would ave played with some of the new stuff. I guess watching Dire and others spoiled me some.

Funny though as even with one of the new people Dave has playing on their server may not know a lot about FTB she sure did a way more stable job then Lalna did.

Reactions: kolikooo1

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
For Lalna I expect some kind of base to be known. I know it is entertainment but he has the most knowledge of the tech mods and even knew about EE2 stuff. Plus I would think that after spending such a time away from Tekkit the whole team would ave played with some of the new stuff. I guess watching Dire and others spoiled me some.

Funny though as even with one of the new people Dave has playing on their server may not know a lot about FTB she sure did a way more stable job then Lalna did.

Meh, I didn't mind Duncan's video. However, I was just unable to watch the first few episodes of their Voltz series, where they had ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what they were doing.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
I do honestly believe that they act like they don't know jack shit, Lewis himself has shown several times during their mod spotlights that he damn well knows what he's doing. They just act this way out of sake of entertainment and creating a familiarity cause there are many people out there who have no clue on what they are doing either.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I do honestly believe that they act like they don't know jack shit, Lewis himself has shown several times during their mod spotlights that he damn well knows what he's doing. They just act this way out of sake of entertainment and creating a familiarity cause there are many people out there who have no clue on what they are doing either.
Just like DW20, he's got this tendency of running into creepers and applying redstone power to machines he doesn't want to - etc. :D

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
Just like DW20, he's got this tendency of running into creepers and applying redstone power to machines he doesn't want to - etc. :D

Pretty much, everyone has their own thing when it comes down to a Youtube series, I mean look at MindCrack or SkyDoesMinecraft, they all have their own thing that they follow throughout a series, it is what defines them.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019

Agreed, duncan is supposed to be the more knowledgeable on the tecnical stuff, i remember the first "tekkit with duncan" when he actually knew what he was talking about. Its a bit sad that i learned some stuff from him and now when i watch his videos i cant stand the "noobiness" i thought he did some reseach before making his videos, well i guess he has been playing easymode minecraft 1.2.5 for too long.
Even thou i probably will cringe at his videos im gonna keep watching to see how he adapts without the flying ring and the "creative mode EE2".

/manu

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Agreed, I watched Duncan to learn the "basics". Simon, Lewis, Sips and Sjin for humour and occasionally some ideas on how to do things (or not in many cases!). Rythian unfortunately just bored me to tears - he just powered play EE2 and had his infinite EMC but didn't actually do anything, even Hannah's(I think) mushroom madness and the Dino didn't really help improve things.

Will be interesting to see what Duncan does, and if the rest of the "gang" turn up, even if they are complete noobs. You can still learn from their mistakes and get ideas for builds (and build them properly!)

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
With Duncan I don't really watch for his knowledge, I'm far more interested in how he builds things, he's a great architect (Sjin is better IMO but still). His castle looks amazing and I do like that whole giant door hidden in the ground thing he made. He's at least one of the more creative one's.

And Duncan is Swampy....and Swampy is one awesome hippie.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Duncan is a lot of people from SoI. Now Rythian, Zoeya, and Teep is all story driven. I like Rythian the most because of the story. A simple tale or a boy and a girl. PLus Zoey has a great voice at singing. I learned some from Duncan but I really wish they would clean up their inventory once in a while.

Anywho just to sit and wait to see what happens.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
That's about one thing that annoys me with everyone there, cluttered inventory and being low on health, it's like the general pet peeve of the MC community.

Status
Not open for further replies.