Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, odd move for Sjin, but will still be good to see what he builds. Seems he also has an interest in TC3, even though he hasn't clue what he is talking about. I expect to see golem farm workers at some point.

I generally just get annoyed with them. I mean, the first few video's they're quite funny and stuff but that part gets old after a while. What you are then left with is just a bunch of guys mucking about on a server and taking bloody ages to build the simplest stuff.

C04L

Jul 29, 2019
i enjoy sjin and dunan puerly on a "free time fun time" much as anyone would turn on the tv and see a Tom & Jerry episode... something to lighten the day, i watch DW20's episodes for learing, Yogs are my "play time".. btw I am 42, I appreaciate humour.
Good for them (yogscast) for having a go at playing FTB, im sure they factored in that some of their fans wouldn't like it... change is difficult, fans will come around.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
True. Many times I've fired up photoshop and worked on something, with them rambling on in the background. Then, as soon as I hear something like "I'm going to build xxx", or there's some sudden screaming/laughing about something I switch back to them, and see what they are up to.

Reactions: TheLegendaryFoxFire

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I loved seeing Sjin doing somehting new. This is feeling like a slow change to a new type of story telling. Both Sjin and Duncan going into TC3 just means new toys for them to play with. Think about how much they probably wanted to play with forestry but couldn't. I suggested, but I highly doubt they read the comments, that he goes IC2 crops route just to see how it would look. Come to think of it I have a strong feeling Sjin is going to be the main bee breeder due to how happy he was to get bees when they played Farming Sim 2013.

Duncan I think is going to be hopping back and forth alot between his castle and his cave. He will be doing a lot of the minor teaching while Sjin is going to make some nice builds. Rythian will also do TC3 but his will be story (side note yay Zoeya can get back into forestry).

C04L

Jul 29, 2019
Why?
well for one they won't have EE2, crafting table 3 and get rediculous amounts for Myranium... for this I would assume they'd get 'some' greif on their forums.
Progress doesn't come without change however... I hope they stick with it and have fun

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt Valve cares much about someone creating a mod that's basically a tribute to one of their games. That's like saying that I can't make a mod with a crowbar as one of the main weapons :)

Copyrights don't cover ideas like the gravity gun and stuff by the way, it only covers stuff like the software, textures, music, etc. "Ideas" are covered by patents and I am pretty sure that Valve didn't bother to try and patent a gravity gun in game, although some patent trolls might have.

If either mod were of any importance to the respective companies they would sue the life out of them. We're talking about 2 companies that fought for years over "DOTA", yet both have the name DOTA in their name, and the genre has officially been recognized as MOBA and not DOTA now.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
I loved seeing Sjin doing somehting new. This is feeling like a slow change to a new type of story telling. Both Sjin and Duncan going into TC3 just means new toys for them to play with. Think about how much they probably wanted to play with forestry but couldn't. I suggested, but I highly doubt they read the comments, that he goes IC2 crops route just to see how it would look. Come to think of it I have a strong feeling Sjin is going to be the main bee breeder due to how happy he was to get bees when they played Farming Sim 2013.

Duncan I think is going to be hopping back and forth alot between his castle and his cave. He will be doing a lot of the minor teaching while Sjin is going to make some nice builds. Rythian will also do TC3 but his will be story (side note yay Zoeya can get back into forestry).
Zoey can get back to forestry? When did she use it before?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019

how do you have time to be on these forums at all? it seems like you watch every single vid that every member uploads... probably the same with the mindcrack crew too? :p

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Who...whose ranium? Ohhh have to make another comment on Sjin can get mahogany doors now. True ones that need tree breeding.

EDIT:

I honestly only watch Generic B sometimes. I don't know the mindcrack crew all that well.

Reactions: Mooseman9

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
Who...whose ranium? Ohhh have to make another comment on Sjin can get mahogany doors now. True ones that need tree breeding.

EDIT:

I honestly only watch Generic B sometimes. I don't know the mindcrack crew all that well.
Mahogany doors? I tried to make doors whit forestry planks but I got vanilla door is there something I'm missing?

C04L

Jul 29, 2019
yea, looked like she had a good grasp on the forestry mod and some automation.

i love the banter between sjin and sips..very corny and mostly sexual innuendo haha, make me giggle anyway

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt Valve cares much about someone creating a mod that's basically a tribute to one of their games. That's like saying that I can't make a mod with a crowbar as one of the main weapons :)

Copyrights don't cover ideas like the gravity gun and stuff by the way, it only covers stuff like the software, textures, music, etc. "Ideas" are covered by patents and I am pretty sure that Valve didn't bother to try and patent a gravity gun in game, although some patent trolls might have.
The portal mod contains audio files ripped directly from the Portal games, including two full music tracks by Jonathan Coulton.

Honestly the portal gun mod makes the whole "FTB has permissions" spiel even more of a joke. They care about permissions for fan-made mods, but not commercial products.

This isn't a new thing, either. The 1.2.5 version of the FTB map played the "aperture science" theme as soon as you started the map.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
The portal mod contains audio files ripped directly from the Portal games, including two full music tracks by Jonathan Coulton.

Honestly the portal gun mod makes the whole "FTB has permissions" spiel even more of a joke. They care about permissions for fan-made mods, but not commercial products.

This isn't a new thing, either. The 1.2.5 version of the FTB map played the "aperture science" theme as soon as you started the map.
I heard from somewhere a long time ago that valve is OK whit it as long as you credit them and the disk had valve in its name.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I heard from somewhere a long time ago that valve is OK whit it as long as you credit them and the disk had valve in its name.
Really, you heard it from *somewhere* a long time ago. Well there you go folks, conclusive permissions proof. For the community that requires written proof of permissions to even distribute a private pack...

Status
Not open for further replies.