Why no new launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Given that Unleashed 1.6 will not be compatible with Unleashed 1.5, I'd imagine it might get a new name. If "Horizons" gives us a clue, maybe there will be a "H" theme, such as "Heaven" for the pack with all the mods, and "Hell" for hard/grind mode pack?

XenoniX

Jul 29, 2019
When is the next Tech pack comming? (pref DW20 pack xD) i am getting a bit excited here.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'd like to see a modpack that mimics the Forgecraft 2 one (obviously not the dev versions). I know we can just gather the mods ourselves but it still would be nice to have a pack readily available through the launcher.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Personally I'd like to see a modpack that mimics the Forgecraft 2 one (obviously not the dev versions). I know we can just gather the mods ourselves but it still would be nice to have a pack readily available through the launcher.

That would be the Direwolf20 pack. It has already been announced. I waiting to see all of the initial packs before I decide which one to put on my server.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
When is the next Tech pack comming? (pref DW20 pack xD) i am getting a bit excited here.
Why do people continue to think "Maybe, if I ask just one more time, they might make an announcement!"?
There is going to be an "OFFICIAL ForgeCraft Modpack", but I don't know if the FTB team are involved in that or not.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
I'm betting that the DW20 pack will be released for Christmas, not sure but it would be a real surprise gift, but for me that would mean that I won't be able to play it for 3 weeks, we load up our stuff and computers to play Minecraft at my grandma house, usually we start a new world for the duration of the Christmas break, the big problem is that she doesn't have any kind of Internet there, its not available where she lives, its in the village, but not at her house or any of the houses around her, even 56k old internet lines wouldn't work (and trust me, I've tried, there's no cellphone network either)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Read the entire thread. The packs have been listed numerous times and you should be able to find the first one "Faster than thou canst say Ticonderoga, if indeed thou canst say Ticonderoga" ( 3 Stooges quote for the mis-spent youths in the audience).

Seriously, the packs have been listed and you should find them on the first page of the discussion.

Wild1145

Jul 29, 2019
I have to admit that i am rather interested in working as a Website developer with you guys, Is it just Slowpoke i need to message? Or is there someone else??

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The unnamed packs are.... nope nice try though :p

Hey, I can tell you the names of the unnamed packs.

There's alpha 2, alpha 4, alpha 5, and maybe alpha 6.

What, that's not a good enough set of names? Well, wait for the public betas.

Oh, wait, the ETA's are now released. OK, so ... you've got names.

Xris

Jul 29, 2019
My god this one of the best post on the forums. Me and my friend be wondering about a post like this for months. Now we can understand why its taking this long to get (your not just making a launcher work for 1.6.x your improving the way it works) an update, though if you would have told us all this information months ago it would have saved head-aches.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Been with FTB since the earliest packs came out and I am not going anywhere. It has always been the easiest and best modded MC experience I could find. I am glad to see your focus on releasing a quality product even if it takes longer. I wish more coders were like you guys. I don't want to have to deal with bugs and you guys are really good at working them out. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: QueWhat

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... so just starting up minecraft + magic farm, going to the title screen, and no farther, and memory allocation can vary significantly.

Java's memory usage is non-deterministic now.
I'm curious if that was to avoid some sort of buffer attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.