What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't posted here in quite some time and we have been busy with a small project over at DoubleDoorDev.
It's not quite a mod but though some might be interested.

"D3 Backend"
A bit of history on it first... I run servers for friends on one of my machines and rather than SSH into the server every bloody day to fix an issue I wanted a extremely simple/light/100% FREE backend so they can manage the pidly crap themselves. I knew of none other than MultiMC and McAdmin neither of which really fit the "simple" category or 100% FREE.
Thus this came to be.

Wait, a server wrapper with decent dev team, no costs, AND it actually works? Color me impressed.

CyanideX

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft Monoliths are coming back.
Ahha! At first I didn't see what you were trying to do... but I figured it out. o_O

qNwvkEi.png

dries007

Jul 29, 2019
"D3 Backend"
A bit of history on it first... I run servers for friends on one of my machines and rather than SSH into the server every bloody day to fix an issue I wanted a extremely simple/light/100% FREE backend so they can manage the pidly crap themselves. I knew of none other than MultiMC and McAdmin neither of which really fit the "simple" category or 100% FREE.
Thus this came to be.

There are a bunch of things that are planned yet as this is quite young.
Better modded support. (Forge installs, Safer modpack loading)
Improving safety. (Allowing certain user groups pack uploading)
Possibly allowing for it to run across multiple physical servers. (It currently only runs on the one its installed)
Plus any other random features that we come up with that improves usability

Just a quick note: I might just see if I can add a simple FTB one click modpack adder. We'll see about that (I will have to talk to some FTB people first).

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
New Sanguimancy Update:
Github Changelog said:
Version 1.1.3:
Added a new ritual, the Timberman. It obviously cuts trees >.>.
Updated to the new Blood Magic Beta, and made it so that activating the Drill of the Dead added some Soul Corruption.
Added a new ritual, the Filler. It places blocks in a 5x1x5 area around the master ritual stone.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I just released 0.4 of RFTools. First I fixed the bug as mentioned above with the crafter voiding all its items when it was broken. But there is also a new block called the 'Storage Scanner'. This is a device that scans nearby (configurable radius) inventories and allows you to find items in all these inventories. At the moment you can only use it to get a listing of each of the inventories but in the future I will also add a feature to allow searching for items by name. So if you ever forgot where you put your diamond pickaxe you can use my scanner to find it.

The new version of RFTools can be found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ols-basic-items-and-blocks-centered-around-rf

Also here is a screenshot of the scanner UI:

82hJWmC.png

Let me know if you have any issues.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Today i'm bringing two updates from the IndustrialCraft² addons family for you:
GregTech
GregoriusT said:
V5.05.08:
Added Assembler Recipes for the new Electric Rail Stuff of Railcraft.
Changed some EBF Recipes to require Oxygen.
Fixed a bunch of Bugs as always. And don't come to me and ask "is this fixed?" because I won't answer that.
VoidTech
tinydust "mike" said:
Version 1.3
- Added: Molecular Manipulator -This machine manipulates atomic structure of matter and changes the physical state of materials and objects! (ingots and blocks)
- you can now disable some CVD-Chamber Recipes in the Config file and set the exchange ratio for the Molecular Manipulator as well.[/quote

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
@Mithion has updated Ars Magica 2 to version 1.4.0.005 for Minecraft 1.7.10!

Mithion said:
Fixed crash on breaking certain blocks
Fixed achievement gui not disappearing
Fixed crash on switching spells in spell book with x/z
Fixed the packaged compendium not properly being detected when the game is in other languages
New textures
Obelisk now rotates when placed to face the placing player
Removed AnimationAPI
-As a result, Ender Guardian and Lightning Guardian as well as their drops have been removed temporarily
-Once I finish my own implementation of this functionality, I will re-add them

This patch does not fix the bug where spell recipe books are not signed. However, signing them yourself will cause them to work correctly.
These changes will be merged into the 1.7.2 version within a few days.

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda late on this but orespawn is no more for Minecraft at least. (Yes I know a small number if any people here play orespawn but it's news nonetheless)

• Megan Lorraine Moderator • 10 days ago
      Hey guys! :) I have (some) good news.

Like he posted, Danger has decided to stop Orespawn updates until further notice. What's good about that? He isn't quitting. He has agreed to still put some love into OreSpawn for MC but it is now on the back burner behind OreSpawn for Terasology.

Wait... what is Terasology? (http://terasology.org)
      Terasology is an open platform of a game very similar to MC. Luckily, it cannot be ruined by a big corporation. Danger is working on making OreSpawn for this new platform while improving the overall gameplay of Terasology... Thats right! He is going to help make the actual game, not just add to it!! While MC may or may not go under, OreSpawn will have a new home in Terasology.

This site isn't going anywhere and you will still be able to download OreSpawn for MC. If Microsoft allows MC to stay wonderful, then Danger may pay attention to MC again (to the best of my understanding). We can only hope the Microsoft will see the value in the open community life of Minecraft. They haven't announced any plans yet, so who knows? Maybe Microsoft could do great things for Minecraft!

For now, enjoy the new release of OreSpawn and just hope the Microsoft doesn't touch Minecraft too much! Only time will tell. There is no need to #SaveOreSpawn... OreSpawn isn't leaving, it's just preparing to move! :D

Go forth and use the hash tags below all over any social media you are on!

#SaveMinecraft #Microsoft #ILoveOreSpawn
    link http://www.orespawn.com/general.html

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
What does orespawn actually do and why does everyone hate it so much?

Sorry, I'm probably being thick but what is this a reaction to?

It's a mob mod mostly. It plays towards serious PvE players. Adding many new mobs that grow to extreme levels of power. But it also has features that make getting vanilla resources ridiculously easy. And in general it hasn't bin balanced at all.
Hence the hate.

Tho most of the complainers probably took one look at it and placed it in the junk pile with out actually trying it.

And with all the extensive list of dungeons added it should be rather fun for most to play.

It should be noted that the dev rigged one of the current main bosses so that it can't be beaten in creative mod. :D Hehehe.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @CrazyPants with Ender IO
CrazyPants said:
Ender IO 2.1.0 beta 35
New / Changes
  • Added goggles of revealing upgrade for Dark Steel Helmet
  • Add machine side and IO mode to WAILA plugin
  • #943 Added limit to cap. bank size to prevent overflowing the maximum value for the RF API
  • Add config for DS tools to wrap to first slot when right clicking
  • Liquid XP can now be 'pushed' out of Joe using sided io
  • updated zh_CN.lang
Bugs
  • #1000 Travel anchor close distance clicking problem
  • #1031 Machines no longer effected by silk touch
  • #1033 Vacuum chests "fight" over items when too close to each other
  • #1038 Zombie Generator turned into water
  • #1042 Recipe fro XP obelisk incorrect
  • Fix leaving 0 size stacks when using DS tool 'right click' function.
  • Fixed travel anchors not working when looking straight up or down.
  • Fix client only call in fluid block

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Dark Menagerie Beta 2
Changelog:
  • Added death messages for trampling and poison spines
  • Elephants are scared of mice and will run away from them
  • Elephants will trample creatures that get too close
  • Elephants drop uncooked beef instead of steak
  • Elephants are no longer immune to lava
  • Fire Ants are now passive in bright areas (like spiders)
  • Fixed untranslated names being used in death messages
  • Mantekitties only attack players if they get close (within 4 blocks) and will back off if the player runs away without attacking
  • Mantekitty poison debuffs reduced in strength
  • Mantekitty poison debuffs are prevented when the player is blocking with a sword
  • Mummies will burn in daylight
  • Mummies will not drop wool if they die while they are on fire

Funky Locomotion Beta 1

Changelog:
  • Funky Locomotion is now out of alpha and available for public modpacks
  • 'Pusher' blocks will not transmit redstone power to nearby blocks
  • moving blocks/tiles 'cache' their render state, which should dramatically improve performance on large builds.
  • Improved moving tile entity renderer crash handling
  • moving block/tile rendering seperated in appropriate render passes. Allows transparency support for blocks such as ice.