What's new in modded minecraft today?

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
New Mod
UltraTech mod adds a lot of machines, pipes, items, decorative blocks and own energy system.

Some deco blocks
v0.7.png

It adds a reactor
2014-01-25_15.38.39.png

Lots of other things! check it out

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1293231-1-6-4-ultratech-0-7

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/70036-ultratech

Also NEM Version checker updated

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2172035-nem-versionchecker

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Two updates to Flaxbeard's Steam Power- Beta 0.25.1 and Beta 0.25.2

Beta 0.25.2
BUGFIX: Fixed critical flash boiler bug

Beta 0.25.1
NOTE: Steam in existing steam networks will disappear with this update.
CHANGE: Steam gauges placed on the Steam Filler will now report the steam in the item being filled rather than network pressure.
CHANGE: Wrenches now alternate pointing a block towards and away from you when right clicking the front face
BUGFIX: Steam pipes that are camo’d no longer have derpy hitboxes
BUGFIX: Boiler/Flash Boiler burning/off sync has been fixed.
BUGFIX: Flash boiler now has the intended capacity, and should therefore generate pressure at a much faster rate.
BUGFIX: Steam should no longer disappear from a steam network when its chunk unloads
BUGFIX: Various oddities that occurred in the steam network when connecting/disconnecting pipes with the wrench have been addressed.
BUGFIX: Many debug messages have been removed and FSP should no longer spam your console

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Helpful Villagers Quick Review

Works perfectly fine in a modded pack, mod added villagers appear as normal for their usual rip off trades. Vanilla villagers are all now the new style. They will equip mod armour (gave them Mek Glowstone armour), but not mod tools (tried the atomic disassembler, a TiC PickAxe & an Invar Pickaxe).

Path finding is real bad when a village is in a hilly environment. Had a farmer climb a tree because it was on a cliff overlooking a farm, then he just got stuck there.

All the villagers got killed by zombies the first night, on normal difficulty. They couldn't seem to find the way back to their guilds, even though I made paths.

So, you really need to do town design to get paths everywhere and place guild buildings in suitable locations (ideally near the farms/mining area).

Works in a MFR mob spawner, a mod villager will spawn any mod or vanilla new villager. A Helpful Villager in the safari net only spawns other Helpful Villagers.

I've always hated the generation of villages in Minecraft. even in vanilla minecraft the generation can be really derpy, but with modded minecraft.... jeez, why would you live in a desert with all those cacti and quicksand
or live in a very hilly biome and can't even climb the damn hills...

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
The Erebus @TheErebusDev · 1h
We have added a few uses for the Poison Gland item, obtained from various venomous mobs... Planticide and Anti-Venom!

Planticide destroyes flora (leaves, tall grass, flowers) and turns Grass into Dirt, thus is useful to clean up your enviroment.

Anti-Venom works similarly to milk, but it only cures you from negative potion effects.*

We are currently adding some lesser utilities to the mod, that make use of various mob drops and plants found around the Erebus. We are trying to give some use to everything you get in the Erebus, so you do not end up with tons of worthless items.

* This means that you can eat a Golden Apple, get poisoned, drink Anti-Venom, and only the poison gets removed. There is also a lesser version available, the Anti-Venom Bottle, that only cures level I negative potion effects.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, with today @asaskevich with an update for SmartCursor
After two days of work ready 1.7.10 version. Changelog (yes, it is very short):
  • 1.7.10 compability
  • Show player info (equipment, health, name, bed, etc.)
  • Show mob equipment
  • Show is it possible to harvest block with held item
  • Some fixes

New screenshots:
2014_08_08_10_35_48.png

2014_08_08_10_38_43.png

2014_08_08_10_39_10.png

2014_08_08_11_08_32.png

New download link and changelog in first post :)

Reactions: Fixided

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
For those of us who don't yet know who all the mod developers are, including the mod name on these would be helpful...
Thank you. +1. I also had no idea wth {Arkandos} was talking about or what the news was supposed to be...

edit: With utmost respect to my friend Arkandos, and giant notwithstanding clause that my "popular" tag probably means I should remember who covertjaguar is without googling.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I remember someone saying that they would be tackling the 1.7 Metallurgy configs. Has anyone heard about their progress with this?

Reactions: Fixided