What's new in modded minecraft today?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
They were too ugly not to destroy completely. :p Also, they didn't look like they should've in the first place.
But, I think they are based on the real textures of the barks. Plus, if someone uses those logs because they like the colour, that players build will look completely wrong with these textures. Just strange seeing a birch like texture now appearing more of a red spruce (the one on the far right). Dunno what tree they are from, never got too indepth into the treebreeding. Could be the forestry textures are wrong, and yours are right *shrug*

CyanideX

Jul 29, 2019
But, I think they are based on the real textures of the barks. Plus, if someone uses those logs because they like the colour, that players build will look completely wrong with these textures. Just strange seeing a birch like texture now appearing more of a red spruce (the one on the far right). Dunno what tree they are from, never got too indepth into the treebreeding. Could be the forestry textures are wrong, and yours are right *shrug*

I did a quick Google image search for each tree when creating these and I found that the majority of them didn't look right. I understand what you're saying with regards to the change in builds so I may have another go at the retexturing of the bark in the near future. I should note that the planks haven't changed much. This is just a beta release to see what the public thinks, so your feedback is great! :)

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I like them, as I, like I suspect most do, typically don't change texture packs mid-world. Then again, I average 3-4 worlds per version. *shrugs*

Edit: I've used the wood that looks a tad like flesh on the right in default textures and I like it. I'd prefer if you threw out realism for that one and made it a better looking fleshy block, seeing as I've yet to see a block that fills that niche very well.

Reactions: 1SDAN and Fixided

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I did a quick Google image search for each tree when creating these and I found that the majority of them didn't look right. I understand what you're saying with regards to the change in builds so I may have another go at the retexturing of the bark in the near future. I should note that the planks haven't changed much. This is just a beta release to see what the public thinks, so your feedback is great! :)
Im not a huge fan of things like the thermionic fabricator being a completely different color from the original. That's the off putting thing about most resource packs, changes make identifying things very difficult. Especially with Forestry where everything is just color coded versions of the same block. It looks nice, but why not keep machines white like the original for reference sake?

;););)

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Helpful Villagers:
Changes villagers to be more useful. Currently has a lumberjack, miner and farmer professions. Villager automation (although slow and usual MC derpyness), with plans for Villager Autocrafting and a Villager Merchant (which is like a normal trader) and no doubt a lot more.

One of the oldest mods I know of was was like that. Pre villagers, pre forge, pre most things. I wasn't all that useful in compassion to build craft. But in a pack balanced towards long sessions and interaction it has some real potential. I like the idea of a pack where you can't make any sort of pic axes. You have to rely of others to make the industrial things might be interesting. Gathering resources for them by raiding dungeons and getting loot to sell.
Kind of like a cross between normal minecraft and a RPG.
Get loot sell loot for gold... credits. Buy materals, ores, parts, and tools.
You could even sell your processed goods back to them.
Of coarse RPGs are endlessly complicated to make. The shear amount of data that would need to be entered.
Jaded. You feeling board? Care to give it a try. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1407454257][/DOUBLEPOST][There is so many things wrong with this post. I blame the booze.]

Retweeted by Nathan Adams
Erik Broes @_grum · 9h
For our fence! A gate idea! Who woodn't want this!?
ihuOVk7.png

CyanideX

Jul 29, 2019
Im not a huge fan of things like the thermionic fabricator being a completely different color from the original. That's the off putting thing about most resource packs, changes make identifying things very difficult. Especially with Forestry where everything is just color coded versions of the same block. It looks nice, but when not keep machines white like the original for reference sake? ;););)

You have a good point. I might've lost track of the purpose of the Unity pack, which is to touch up the original texture. I'll do a few variants and throw those in the next release.

I like some textures, but poplar tree(?(1st from left)) looks too much like birch.
Good work! ;)

That's because in real life it looks very much like birch, well... some strains anyway. :p

CyanideX

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Cyanide, are you making a texture pack for a mod pack or is it just something you do for the mods you like?
I'd use the shit out of your texture pack.

Thank you for those beautiful words. ;)

I will first be retexturing the mods that I feel are out of place in my Infernal Skies pack or doing the mods that are listed as milestones from my Patreon. Then I move on to requests.

Reactions: Fixided

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for those beautiful words. ;)

I will first be retexturing the mods that I feel are out of place in my Infernal Skies pack or the milestones from my Patreon. Then I move on to requests.
Dude, I'd love to see what you could do with Botania, ExU or FSP if you haven't done so already.
I know you've done blood magic. That armor is hnnnnnng.

Alhifar

Jul 29, 2019
i confirm that Advanced Genetics work on 1.7.10.
As soon as you place the DNA Analyzer, the server crashes. Looks like an incompatibility with the current version of IC2. According to the MCF thread, it's not actually supposed to be labeled as 1.7.10, that was an accident.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
As soon as you place the DNA Analyzer, the server crashes. Looks like an incompatibility with the current version of IC2. According to the MCF thread, it's not actually supposed to be labeled as 1.7.10, that was an accident.
I was using Mekanism(universal cables).