What's new in modded minecraft today?

dav20011

Jul 29, 2019
@AlgorithmX2 has updated Applied Energistics 2 to rv0.beta build 21:

Got it, @dav20011 :p
I slept :eek:
I count a major tech mod by a few main features:
1. Can it retain most of its usefulness standalone?
2. Can it process ores and smelt?
3. Can it be used as a backbone for a player's infrastructure throughout the game?

Using my personal standards (which are of course my opinion), none of those mods even qualify except ET. I would argue that mods like TiC and PR aren't tech mods at all, nor is GT, a total conversion.
Yes you're right

Here's a Thread for the polls: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/polls-what-mods-do-you-use.46405/

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You hadn't already? Were parts 1 & 2 not appealing enough for you?
TBH, not really. Not to my taste, find it all quite boring. Watching all the spotlights just to see what I'm missing (along with the forgecraft antics), so far for me, nothing much.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @iChun again with tons of updates for BackTools, iChunUtil, AttachableGrinder, Photoreal, Shatter, Streak, TrailMix and Torched
iChun said:
BackTools
  • Added Item blacklist IMCMessage event. Blacklists items to be rendered on the back if told to do so by another mod.
iChunUtil
  • Added framebuffer helpers. Used by Photoreal and will be used by Portalgun and AC.
AttachableGrinder, Photoreal, Shatter, Streak, TrailMix
  • Port to MC 1.7.
Torched
  • Fix gunpowder not rendering on Torch rockets.

and @joshie with updates for Mariculture
joshie said:
Mariculture 1.7.2 BETA 9
  • Broke all the configs as promised! I'd suggest deleting and backing up the old configs, so you can see the changes)
  • Reorganised Creative Tabs
  • Rewrote Packet Handling
  • Improved autodictionary blacklisting defaults
  • Added Highlands Support
  • Adjusted various upgrade recipes
  • Fixed direction for fluid handlers
  • Fixed usage on any item bringing up usage for cod...
  • NEI will now only display one of each live fish + raw fish, So you can still see them for recipes, but you'll need to go to creative to cheat male/female
  • Wildcard Registration now only shows up in debug mode
  • Mirrors now ignore the Max Enchantability for Non-Jewelry Enchantments
  • Mirrors give a better chance for more enchantments than vanilla enchanting table
  • Level 31 and greater enchanting, has a chance of getting higher levels on enchantments than you could otherwise(Even better over level 55)(excluding protection, enchantments with max level 1, and jewelry enchants)
  • Autofishers are now twice as power hungry
Mariculture 1.7.2 BETA 9 WTF
  • Fixed TiCon Compatibility

Reactions: Padfoote

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
As I am probably the only ExtraBiomesXL fan on this forum(!?) it is perhaps my "duty" to present the latest update to the extrabiomesXL mod?! :p
Link to extrabiomesxl 3.15.8:
Link to their BIOME dictionary registration:
Development blog!
Change Log
Bugfix:
  • Redwood logs are once again craftable into planks.
  • Disabling strawberries by setting their block ID to zero no longer ruins everything.
  • Fixed crashing bug that sometimes occurred when flowers failed to generate.
  • Fixed vanilla biome disabling. It should now be possible to reliably turn off: desert, extreme hills, forest, jungle, swampland, taiga, and plains.
Changes:
  • Strawberry plants now break like any other semi-sturdy block.
    • Right (or left) clicking once will harvest them if they are ripe.
    • Attempting to harvest before they are ready will do nothing.
  • Strawberry plants now identify correctly to Waila.
  • Explicit Forge BiomeDictionary support.
    • We've always had whatever automatic support there is, but now it's official.
  • Removed ATG and New Dawn libraries from the jar file.
    • This means that things shouldn't explode if you are running a newer but otherwise compatible version of either of these world type mods.
    • It also means that the mod is just ever so smaller to download now ;)
  • ALL flowers are now registered with Forestry, not just the original four.
  • Updated Russian localization.

Seriously, can we please have this mod in one of the 1.7 FTB mod packs? I actually like the subtlety of this mod in adding the biomes over BoP.

dav20011

Jul 29, 2019
So the Techmods poll is now closed, seems to be no one is voting anymore (Thermal Expansion wins)
I am currently making a better poll, more infos here.

As I am probably the only ExtraBiomesXL fan on this forum(!?) it is perhaps my "duty" to present the latest update to the extrabiomesXL mod?! :p
Development blog!

Seriously, can we please have this mod in one of the 1.7 FTB mod packs? I actually like the subtlety of this mod in adding the biomes over BoP.
I like BoP more, but everyone likes other mods.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
*snip*
I like BoP more, but everyone likes other mods.

^^ Son, I stand by what I said earlier... In fact, the first part of your statement is what I hear too often, which is why I made my remark above. While your second part of the statement is also likely true, I haven't read any mention or news of this mod's updates for the last few releases already, on this thread. Hence my earlier remarks. :p

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Development blog!

Why not both?

Reactions: AlCapella

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there are many mods that update as often as LP. If you post each and every update that's going to be a fulltime job. Probably you already missed two new updates while collecting those changelogs :)

I can think of 3. All by the same team of authors.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Why not both?
You're doing it wrong.
31849-why-dont-we-have-both-gif-meme-IfmC.gif

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Why not both?

You're doing it wrong.

Good question. And I'll have you know, I tried adding them both at the same time to see what might happen.
Minecraft simply crashes with one of those Vec3 Pool NullPointerException errors... Tried to get it to work, but eventually gave up after quite a few unsuccessful atempts and just started using EXBL for all my single player worlds. If it was ID conflicts, I would have spent more time, but it was just crashing the whole game.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Good question. And I'll have you know, I tried adding them both at the same time to see what might happen.
Minecraft simply crashes with one of those Vec3 Pool NullPointerException errors... Tried to get it to work, but eventually gave up after quite a few unsuccessful atempts and just started using EXBL for all my single player worlds. If it was ID conflicts, I would have spent more time, but it was just crashing the whole game.

Huh. I got it to work with BoP, Highlands and EXBL in a default world. It worked really well with ATG also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasa and AlCapella

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. I got it to work with BoP, Highlands and EXBL in a default world. It worked really well with ATG.

Hmm. Well done then, son! :) I never could get it to even start the game.... The same odd Vec3 Pool error every time. I might try it again over the weekend, and see if things have changed at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1401901157][/DOUBLEPOST]Having said all that, I like how EXBL is subtle in integrating its worldgen and its biomes with Vanilla's worldgen. BoP feels very in-your-face to me - too many. So, in general, I like to play with EXBL worldgen to BoP worldgen.

Highlands is also good in the subtlety and also the resource allocation challenge that it presents with its biomes.

Still, going by consensus it appears that BoP has won over the modding mindshare. Well done to them.