What's new in modded minecraft today?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
As I am probably the only ExtraBiomesXL fan on this forum(!?) it is perhaps my "duty" to present the latest update to the extrabiomesXL mod?! :p
Seriously, can we please have this mod in one of the 1.7 FTB mod packs? I actually like the subtlety of this mod in adding the biomes over BoP.

There are a number of mods that few track.

EBXL isn't in most packs because of that subtlety. The rule of thumb as of late is to add mods that add a dramatic change to the game. EB just isn't that impressive. It's something you might not even notice even if it was added.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Redwood biome in different mod.
ExtrabiomesXL
czTmk.jpg
BoP
z2rNf1J.png
Highlands
Bh1kRXo.jpg

I wouldn't consider them duplicates - just sharing a name. If I had to pick one I'd pick the EBXL ones though.

A dublicate would be something more like the Red Rock Biomes.

Reactions: RedBoss and Vasa

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't consider them duplicates - just sharing a name. If I had to pick one I'd pick the EBXL ones though.

A dublicate would be something more like the Red Rock Biomes.

Going off topic is going off topic.
But BoP Vs EBxl has bin discussed before. Can't have both cause it's to clunky and redundant. Expecialy for mystcraft users. So they went with the one that adds the most stuff the one that's most interesting. A mod that's only atheistic and adds nothing very new or interesting is not going to get into most packs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mevansuto

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
@mDiyo has released Tinkers' Construct experimental build 24

mDiyo said:
Experimental Build 24
- Stencil Table reverted (for now)
- Fixed a crash bug with blood magic lava crystals
- Fixed step height bug with traveller's boots
- Blue slimes have proper health values
- Added metal slimes
- Blue slimes can spawn naturally
- Stone tools readded, adjusted to exactly match wood tools
- Nerfed nether metals
- Buffed steel
- All oreberries changed to essence berries

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Actuality that discussion has absolutely nothing to do with recent events.
Way past events or future events bit not recent ones. Specifically FTB modpack making.

The discussion was sparked by a recent change log for one of the mods in question.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
@mDiyo has released Tinkers' Construct experimental build 24
mDiyo said:
Experimental Build 24
- Stencil Table reverted (for now)
- Fixed a crash bug with blood magic lava crystals
- Fixed step height bug with traveller's boots
- Blue slimes have proper health values
- Added metal slimes
- Blue slimes can spawn naturally
- Stone tools readded, adjusted to exactly match wood tools
- Nerfed nether metals
- Buffed steel
- All oreberries changed to essence berries

I can't help but take great notice at the last part there. No more oreberries? Are they getting moved to Natura, or are they gone forever?

Reactions: AlCapella

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I can't help but take great notice at the last part there. No more oreberries? Are they getting moved to Natura, or are they gone forever?

Gone forever probably. They weren't all that useful. By the time you do enough mining to get enough of those to really matter you will long have outgrown the need for them. There is no slower or more tedious method or getting ores. And while I have often collected and planted them I never seem to bother collecting the berries.

Though after re-reding that I'm thinking about the Metal slimes mentioned. What kind of metal. Maybe valuable metal. Spawn-able metal. :D

Reactions: Pyure and RedBoss

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe they're just like Dragon Quest's metal slimes. Really rare and hard to kill, but if you manage to do it you get tons of experience.
Now I just wonder if they're going to try avoiding you.

Reactions: jokermatt999

Arouka

Jul 29, 2019
He mentioned in a stream a couple of weeks ago that he was planning on removing them. I do believe he plans on reimplementing the concept behind oreberries in a different way, so you can look forward to that.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
He mentioned in a stream a couple of weeks ago that he was planning on removing them. I do believe he plans on reimplementing the concept behind oreberries in a different way, so you can look forward to that.

Coming back in an improved form? I can't wait! Which means I'll quietly wait, albeit impatiently. I like my renewable metal crops, even if they are slow.

Reactions: AlCapella