What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update... well, 1 update. and that's @iChun with Sync
iChun said:
This changelog and update was only possible with the help of Kihira! Go check her out and maybe drop a thank you!

Bug Fixes
- Persistant Player data should now transfer across shells (this makes it so ThaumCraft research and AM2 spells now transfer!)
- Ender chest data should now sync
- Lots of fixes for when players log out/in mid-sync. Should be no more shell duping!
- You no longer take fall damage when syncing to a shell below you
- You can no longer die mid-sync. Should fix the “double death” issues
- You should no longer sometimes become invulnerable after syncing
- Players in Morph now render properly when looking at an empty shell storage
- When shells are constructed with RF power, they now show their progress
- Potion effects now transfer properly (Invisibilty not always working is a vanilla issue)
- Chunkloading should now be A LOT better. Should fix issues with having too many constructors/shells across a large area
- Constructors only eat power if there is something to build
- Insta-building a shell in creative now works properly.

Balance Changes
- Constructors now can only take a maximum of 24 RF/t

New Features
- Optional WAILA support. Will now provide useful details if you have WAILA installed.
- Optional power requirement for shell storage. Default is off but in case you feel like it needs a bit more balancing.
- Mods can now add entities that can work on the treadmill via IMC. See README for details

Grab the mod at the usual spot.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

QuantumBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Azanor has release a new mod (for 1.7.2) called Baubles.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2535073-baubles-1003-updated-342014/

Baubles is a small addon mod and api that is intended to be used by other mods to add additional inventory slots to a character.

lL1kdZh.png

It adds 4 new slots: an amulet, belt and two rings slots. The baubles inventory is accessed by pressing the 'b'hotkey. It is probably a good idea to remap your normal inventory hotkey to the baubles inventory if you are going to be accessing it a lot.

This mod adds very little content itself - it is intended to be an addon for other mods and the only reason I included an item at all was to serve as an example for other developers.

The ring gives a boost to mining speed when worn. (The potions are Swiftness II potions)

iQcIFfU.png

Reactions: Birello

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
News from the FTB Reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/220mqq/looking_for_someone_to_take_over_minechem/

In short PixlePix is looking for someone to take over the development of Minechem as he's focused on TT right now.

In my opinion, the person I'd like to take over as dev is Aiden C Brady.

It looks like your wish might be granted! He responded to in the thread you linked:

adiancbrady said:
Mekachem. How about Mekanism: Chemistry?

pixlepix, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. It will take some refactoring and design changes to have it match the "Mekanism style," but I think it will really fit considering all the new ore processing machines. I'd say it would work well with Mekanism v7, eh?

I've been inactive for the past two weeks or so due to the end of this school semester approaching, but I have a ton of great ideas for this summer. I've already added in a few new machines and gadgets for the next release, and unpairedbracket has recently been hard at work adding in tiered Mechanical Pipes.

If you're up for it, I'll give you contributor status so you can work on it whenever you want. Not as if you don't already deserve it with all the help you've been :)

Let me know.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update. starting with @Democretes announcing some information for his mod Technomancy
Technomancy for 1.6 has been temporarily halted. I need to get in touch with Skyboy/Myrathi/CoFH for the status on TE for 1.7. That will depend where future updates are headed. (And I'm too damn busy to actually spend time coding right now).
Just some thoughts for now, particularly with how flux will be incorporated for the future.

Machines will create flux while they are active. Machines with too much flux in them will have bad side effects on their performance. Not all machines will do this.
Some machines will use flux to increase their performance. They won't require it to run, but it will increase the speed/efficiency of the machine.
There will be some kind of flux ingot for advanced recipes.
Flux reactor that takes alumentum combined with flux to make an extremely large power output.
Flux capacitors/energycells/conduits. Extremely expensive, but much higher transfer rate.
Flux compactors that condenses flux into random essentia.

and @SpitefulFox with an update for Forbidden Magic
SpitefulFox said:
v0.33
- Bugfix: Missing aspects are finally fixed
- Bugfix: Wrath Cage no longer drops experience when broken
- Change: Superbia removed from Ender Pearls
- Change: Growth rate on Umbral Roses slightly increased
- Change: Blood Rod now requires infusing in a Blood Altar to be used in a wand
- Change: Researche difficulties decreased across the mod to be more in line with TC 4.1
- Removed: "No New Aspects" config
- Removed: Tainted Arts Tab
- Addition: Lord of Hellfire research
- Addition: Totem Wand, for Totemic compatibility
- Addition: Livingwood Wand and Manasteel Caps, for Botania compatibility
- Addition: Blood Staff, for Blood Magic compatibility
- Addition: Nether Star Block
- Addition: Transcendent Blood Orb, for Kami and Blood Magic compatibility
- Addition: Eternal enchantment, for Kami compatibility

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting with @dan200 and ComputerCraft
dan200 said:
We found some more crash bugs, so had to do another update. This is what happens when you decide to refactor an entire mod from the ground up! Consider that lesson learned. There is one new feature though: “chat” now supports IRC commands!
Downloads:
ComputerCraft 1.62 requires Minecraft version 1.6.4 with an up to date version of Minecraft Forge installed. Once you have Forge, drop the files into your /mods/ directory, and launch Minecraft.

and @SpitefulFox with Forbidden Magic
SpitefulFox said:
v0.331
  • - Bugfix: Mod no longer crashes if Thaumic Tinkerer is not present. (People do that? o_O)
  • - Bugfix: Blood Staff now displays its owner in the tooltip
  • - Change: Nether Star Block now registered in the Ore Dictionary as "blockNetherStar"

Reactions: Padfoote