What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anyone has mentioned or noticed, but BuildCraft is going huge as TF2 competitive players would call it. It seems Spacetoad coming back has pulled the whole project out of maintenance mode. The Builder is mostly working again and the next major release will see its comeback along with the accompanying Architect Table and Blueprints. Of interest to players that don't use popular mods like Thermal Expansion with its Autonomous Activator and Terrain Smasher is the fact that the Stripes Pipe is also back! It both sucks blocks out of the world and places them. I have seen them used in the past for some awesome farms.

They should just start over from scratch and make a new buildcraft already.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I just hope my weekly news updates I can be half as helpful as this thread is. This thread rocks. :)
Thanks Yusunoha!

no, thank you ;) I'm happy to help you

AlgorithmX2 just released a new mod called Rotatable Blocks and will be taking time off AE2 for a while now to focus RB until 1.8.

You can read more about the new mod and his desicion why he is taking time off from AE2 on his AE2 website here: http://ae2.ae-mod.info/

Perhaps the single greatest brilliance behind RB is that it revolutionizes minecraft with out adding a single block or item. This mean that there is no need for bug reports! Algo can basicly forward any bugs straight to @LexManos . Lex will love it! :)

I also released a spotlight on the mod this morning when he finally went public with it.

awesome mod, this should've been in modjam, it'd have won hands down :eek:

Reactions: Bevo

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
very awesome project of Bevo :)

and seeing as today is the 1st of April, let's hold a special edition.
today (and the rest of the week) you can post any april fools jokes that were added in mods by mod developers. for one I know gregtech added 1 changes all the mod's textures into... well.... trollolollloooollolllol

OD8EsHX.png
Invasion o-0

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
for the people who haven't yet... be sure to load up a vanilla instance of minecraft today and crank up the sounds and music, and clean your floor before that, as you'll be rolling on your floor laughing your arse off for the rest of the day

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
for the people who haven't yet... be sure to load up a vanilla instance of minecraft today and crank up the sounds and music, and clean your floor before that, as you'll be rolling on your floor laughing your arse off for the rest of the day
For a moment there, I started to panic, since I forgot how to open up vanilla minecraft. Also, spawn in a villager!

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019

It is fairly terrible for mini-games. My friend and I went to MCSG and the Hive today, and the sounds and skin-stuff just made playing some Survival Games impossible. It was fairly stupid. I think April's Fools jokes shouldn't affect the game whatsoever, but they did this time. Terrible.

Reactions: kaiomann

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Also Mojang is having issues with the Minecraft skin system, since the villagers in 1.9 have become sentient. They expect it to be fixed by April 1st 2042 10:00 PM CET.
Details.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda weird to see Algorithm dropping AE for 1.7 considering that many modders are actually working on it instead of 1.8.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
some of the comments in his statement are so unlike him that it's almost impossible for me to believe.

"this ensures that the most important feature, rotatable blocks is always available, even at the cost of other mod's features."
"I can ignore all the problems with it"

to name two.

Reactions: Padfoote

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
some of the comments in his statement are so unlike him that it's almost impossible for me to believe.

"this ensures that the most important feature, rotatable blocks is always available, even at the cost of other mod's features."
"I can ignore all the problems with it"

to name two.
Happy April fools day? Maybe?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
This has to be a April Fools thing. Think about it, a mod devoted to turning blocks. Thermal Expansion has a wrench that can turn stairs and logs(Well, you used to do logs). And this was a small feature! So it can't be that hard to do. Secondly, there is only one mod author who has an almost complete disregard of how other modders feel about his mod(Greg anybody?).