What's new in modded minecraft today?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Slimegrass is the stuff growing on slime islands, aka those things in the sky with TiC. Breaking it gets you slimedirt, which is just as useful as slimegrass(aka not at all).
I love that you solved not one but two mysteries for me. Always wondered about those floating islands. Never took the time to check one out.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I love that you solved not one but two mysteries for me. Always wondered about those floating islands. Never took the time to check one out.
You should. The silme trees provide regrowable green slime balls and the blue slime can be made into a great early game tool material.

Also, flying islands are awesome :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You should. The silme trees provide regrowable green slime balls and the blue slime can be made into a great early game tool material.

Also, flying islands are awesome :p
Wait, what, growable slime?

dood I've been coming up with insane Horizons' solutions to slime that would best be left unclarified. I'll check one of these out, thanks.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, what, growable slime?

dood I've been coming up with insane Horizons' solutions to slime that would best be left unclarified. I'll check one of these out, thanks.
Yeah, they have trees up there occasionally, which occasionally drop saplings, which grow into a tree made of congealed green slime, and drop blue slimeballs about as often as oak trees drop apples.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, they have trees up there occasionally, which occasionally drop saplings, which grow into a tree made of congealed green slime, and drop blue slimeballs about as often as oak trees drop apples.
Yeah, the drawback is it's, as far as I know, currently not automatable, at least not with the usual suspects. Still a great early (or even mid) game resource.
Well hell, I feel incredidumb. Thanks folks, good knowledge.

Sort of returning to the OP: Electricraft is a bit new on the scene. Has anyone actually incorporated it into their game yet?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well hell, I feel incredidumb. Thanks folks, good knowledge.

Sort of returning to the OP: Electricraft is a bit new on the scene. Has anyone actually incorporated it into their game yet?
Incorporated as in installed, or have started using? I've installed it, checked out what it adds, made plans on how to use it eventually, but haven't gotten started with RotaryCraft so I am not ready to use it.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
Slimegrass is the stuff growing on slime islands, aka those things in the sky with TiC. Breaking it gets you slimedirt, which is just as useful as slimegrass(aka not at all).

I think its the only stuff you can grow slimetrees on for easy slimeballs.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Incorporated as in installed, or have started using? I've installed it, checked out what it adds, made plans on how to use it eventually, but haven't gotten started with RotaryCraft so I am not ready to use it.
Either/Or honestly. It sort of flew under the radar a bit, so I don't know if its super safe to integrate. On the other hand its possible its perfectly safe and a bunch of ppl are rocking with it and I have no idea :)

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Either/Or honestly. It sort of flew under the radar a bit, so I don't know if its super safe to integrate. On the other hand its possible its perfectly safe and a bunch of ppl are rocking with it and I have no idea :)

it looks really cool to me, but i'm an electronics dork.

i've got it installed, working on my RC a bit more before i decide to build the powerplant and transmission network and all of that.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from adding some ores to your game(pretty much none of which are new, if any), it's pretty easy to add to your game. Same deal as always, mess with IDs and proceed to oogle the toys you'll use eventually.

It's actually pretty simple to boot. Uses simplified real life electricity stats(amps and volts, etc etc, I'm no expert but it's on the page on Reika's website), and converts shaft power into these stats, one half is one electricity stat and the other is the other. Wires have a limit on how high the amps can be travelling through it(or however it really works) and lose bits of the other half due to resistance of the wire material(another reason Gold wires in IC2 are bullshit; they have low resistance in real life(in fact one of the best out of the "easily obtainable" resources), but I can't recall if they have a limit before melting from the other half). And Superconductors are in it too, but are much more like they are in Real Life since they need to be soaked in liquid nitrogen to keep them cool enough to work as a super conductor.

Main use in my eyes: Take Trickle power from RotaryCraft in some way and convert it up using EletriCraft and it's higher tier battery boxes, which output higher levels of electricity and fixed ones at that, then convert it back into shaft power.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, the slimy stuff has some use for decorative purposes. Although the only thing I have found it to work with is in my slime spawning area for mob essence.
That's the liquid slime stuff that used to turn into water if you get it in a bucket; it's a fluid spawner for blue slimes.(and AFAIK can't be crafted in any way, which sucks. I mean, even 1mB per blue slimeball would be fine in my books!)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting with @Vazkii and Botania
Vazkii said:
It's the small things...
HappyShockedAruanas.gif
Vazkii said:
beta 16:
Fixed a typo in the config which lead to insane amounts of flowers in newly generated worlds.
Gave a little makeover to the Lexica Botania, you'll notice it.

and Project Red
Project Red said:
FIX: !! Routing thread eating up all of CPU !!

and a news announcement where I was not sure whether I should post it or not, as it could cause a quite heated discussion. I've decided to post it, but with the request of you all to not start a heated discussion about this topic. it's fine to discuss, but keep it polite. it's posted by @Sacheverell on the Minecraft Forums
Sacheverell said:
notch1.png
Plans that were in the works for Minecraft to have an Oculus Rift-supported version have now ground to a halt, following Oculus Rift's confirmed buyout by social media giant, Facebook. Markus "Notch" Persson wasn't shy about expressing his thoughts on the matter, saying that Facebook creeps him out, and would not be working with them any time soon. He went on to say that he felt Facebook - while excellent pioneers of social networking - were not good for a device he hoped to see grow in the gaming world, having little background in the field of game design.
Notch said:
Notch said:
Don’t get me wrong, VR is not bad for social. In fact, I think social could become one of the biggest applications of (Oculus Rift). Being able to sit in a virtual living room and see your friend’s avatar? Business meetings? Virtual cinemas where you feel like you’re actually watching the movie with your friend who is seven time zones away?

But I don’t want to work with social, I want to work with games.

Notch was a strong early supporter of the Oculus Rift, donating $10,000 towards the project's Kickstarter, and personally flying out to meet the Oculus team, to discuss the device, and potential development ideas for its future.

While Oculus support is off the table, a number of competitors have been surfacing in the VR industry of late, any of which may be viable alternatives for Minecrafters eager to see a fully immersive version of the game.

While no official plans to support Oculus currently exist, there is a working (with version 1.6.2) mod that is currently available to the public, called Minecrift, which boasts a number of support features for Oculus users.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
This kind of counts as news I guess, but I made a thread for those interested in speed running the Pax Challenge. I discuss some tips and tricks and keep track of the current fastest times. Link