What's new in modded minecraft today?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Exams are almost over, so expect properly completed changelogs with detailed changes soon. I think all of them are up to my knowledge but they are missing a lot of info.

Also... 1000 posts, this thread is quite the success

congratulations on making the 1000th post, your prize is a cookie, but not just any cookie, A GIANT COOKIE

6Kxa8KB.jpg

I love me some cookies
EZb9Tdj.gif

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new record, new update, starting with Project Red

Project Red said:
  • FIX: !! Huge memory leak in pipe routing thread !!
  • FIX: Rare crash when removing pipes

and @nekosune with ThaumicTinkerer
nekosune said:
Build 138
  • Made OpenPeripheral compatibility changes Warning: Jar and Other Aspect containers computer craft API has changed, please check wiki
  • Fixed Bedrock Dimension being inaccesible when Galacticraft is installed.
  • Fixed WAILA bug showing Warp gates incomming teleports inverted
  • Made Kami default on Warning: config change for kami has changed, to allow for the change
Baring any major bugs, this will be the last 1.6.4 release

now I've a question for you all. the community is really stepping up lately with posting mod updates in the topic, but not everyone posts the changelogs for mod updates, which is fine as I'm already happy that people are taking the effort to mention a mod update. but maybe some of you would also like to know what changed in the mods... now what if someone reports a mod update, but doesn't post a changelog, would you all like if I would mention the mod update aswell in my daily post, but with changelogs, or are you all satisfied with just knowing a mod has updated?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone think that starting a thread for what's upcoming for modded minecraft be a good idea? Sorta a ModMC rumor mill though hopefully with some verification whenever possible. Could be fun and would need to be separated from the this section.

Last edited:

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new record, new update, starting with Project Red

and @nekosune with ThaumicTinkerer

now I've a question for you all. the community is really stepping up lately with posting mod updates in the topic, but not everyone posts the changelogs for mod updates, which is fine as I'm already happy that people are taking the effort to mention a mod update. but maybe some of you would also like to know what changed in the mods... now what if someone reports a mod update, but doesn't post a changelog, would you all like if I would mention the mod update aswell in my daily post, but with changelogs, or are you all satisfied with just knowing a mod has updated?

Heh, I had just posted the update for ThaumicTinkerer, and then posted the change logs for ProfMobius' mods even though they had already been mentioned. So, yeah. My vote is to see the changelogs even if the update has already been mentioned.

Reactions: Pyure and Not_Steve

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
congratulations on making the 1000th post, your prize is a cookie, but not just any cookie, A GIANT COOKIE

6Kxa8KB.jpg

I love me some cookies
EZb9Tdj.gif
Pff, I've seen bigger. Still, thanks, now I'm hungry. Off to get some breakfast I guess...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Changelogs are crucial. Many thanks to the original poster for mentioning an update, but propah respect goes to whoever gives me details. Bonus to that person if they're considerate enough to say "{Person} already mentioned this update; here's the specifics."

Reactions: YX33A and the_j485

QuantumBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO has released an alpha for 1.7.2

This is the closest thing to a changelog I have been able to find:
(if someone finds one please post it)
I have also just uploaded the first public release of EIO for 1.7.2. (As always, the source code and /or the latest dev builds are always available from github/jenkins). This release contains all the functionality of 1.0 (excludng ME conduits, BC gates and NEI integration) plus a new set of powered armor to play with.

http://www.curseforge.com/media/files/780/573/enderio-1.1.0_alpha.11.jar

My intenetion is to move all new development work to 1.7 and only apply bug fixes to 1.6 from this point.

Enjoy.

SlightlyVisible

Jul 29, 2019
Build 138

• Made OpenPeripheral compatibility changes Warning: Jar and Other Aspect containers computer craft API has changed, please check wiki
  • Fixed Bedrock Dimension being inaccesible when Galacticraft is installed.
  • Fixed WAILA bug showing Warp gates incomming teleports inverted
  • Made Kami default on Warning: config change for kami has changed, to allow for the change
Baring any major bugs, this will be the last 1.6.4 release

TT has really gone down hill since switching hands. It was so well balanced against Thaumcraft; kami existed on the side only for fun. Now its default and forcing a config change.

Before anyone complains, yes I know I could always change the config back. I'm just put off by this new dev constantly pushing his OP dimension.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
TT has really gone down hill since switching hands. It was so well balanced against Thaumcraft; kami existed on the side only for fun. Now its default and forcing a config change.

Before anyone complains, yes I know I could always change the config back. I'm just put off by this new dev constantly pushing his OP dimension.
Anyone who claims that the Bedrock Dimension is OP has clearly never legitimately obtained an Awakened Ichorium Pickaxe, let alone been there. By the time you have that kind of wealth, you'll have full AE/LP, a massive Ender Quarry or 5, a few boilers/reactors or several hundred dynamos, farms for half the things in the game, etc.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Anyone who claims that the Bedrock Dimension is OP has clearly never legitimately obtained an Awakened Ichorium Pickaxe, let alone been there. By the time you have that kind of wealth, you'll have full AE/LP, a massive Ender Quarry or 5, a few boilers/reactors or several hundred dynamos, farms for half the things in the game, etc.
At that point it's probably cheaper to set up 50 laser drills

Reactions: PurpleMentat

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
KAMI active by default is really not an issue. Most modded players will never legitimately acquire any of the Awakened Ichorium items.

Reactions: YX33A

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
KAMI active by default is really not an issue. Most modded players will never legitimately acquire any of the Awakened Ichorium items.

Unless they want them and if they do they certainly earned them.
I think this is a case of someone mistakenly thinking OP is a bad thing.
Or more likely jealousy that some can build these complex super power systems that they can't. Though there is also the opposite cause where they do build complex systems, by copying the world of other players (direwolf) it makes those systems seem easy and they call it OP. :/
I have a strong desire to smake the heck out of all of these people. Just stop paying attention to other people and do things your own way you'll be much happier in the long run.

Last edited:

SlightlyVisible

Jul 29, 2019
Unless they want them and if they do they certainly earned them.
I think this is a case of someone mistakenly thinking OP is a bad thing.
Or more likely jealousy that some can build these complex super power systems that they can't. Though there is also the opposite cause where they do build complex systems, by copying the world of other players (direwolf) it makes those systems seem easy and they call it OP. :/
I have a strong desire to smake the heck out of all of these people. Just stop paying attention to other people and do things your own way you'll be much happier in the long run.

That's quite the logical hiccup you have there. I' am a server Admin who must regulate his servers balance, not some jealous little boy. You may disagree, but OP items in survival SSP worlds are absolutely horrific. Good mods, just like good games, provide a level of balance. Thaumcraft is one of such mods, and so was TT when it operated by its dependency's balance. Kami is cute for those who dislike the power ceiling, however, there was a reason it was kept as a separate download. Why make it the new default ? What as wrong with letting those who wanted it, enable it.

It's not my mod so I have no say over its dev. That said, its unfortunate more consideration wasn't given to pre kami users.

Last edited:

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting with @Vazkii and Botania
Vazkii said:
beta 15:
  • Added a new decorating Livingwood variant.
  • Added config options for flower generation. Cmat me TPPI.
  • Added wireframes for blocks with bindings.
  • Fixed crash with LiteLoader.
  • Fixed flowers losing which collectors and pools they're bound to in world load, any old flowers need to be broken and replaced, though.
  • Fixed the Fallen Kanade giving you JUST enough regeneration time for it not to kick in. Also made it regeneration II.
  • Having a Mana Void under a Mana Pool makes the pool accept mana and dispose of any extra now.
  • The Mana Spreader now takes a list of all positions and blocks visited by the scan beam and checks against that before doing another simulation, on layman's terms, fixed mana spreaders eating tickrate.
beta 14:
  • Overriden vanilla blocks now relay the registerIcons call to the original block, should fix issues with mods that depend on them losing their textures (e.g. Witchery).

and @CrazyPants with EnderIO
CrazyPants said:
Just over 7 months after the initial forum post version 1.0 of Ender IO has just been uploaded. No major changes, just a couple of bug fixes and the version bump to my first 'stable/non-beta' release. Thanks so much to everyone who has helped out getting EIO to this point.

If you haven't already, now is a great time to check out Udaldor's awesome two part spot light covering all the 1.0 features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XQ8MWemtxBc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G5-uE2VtP_8

I have also just uploaded the first public release of EIO for 1.7.2. (As always, the source code and /or the latest dev builds are always available from github/jenkins). This release contains all the functionality of 1.0 (excludng ME conduits, BC gates and NEI integration) plus a new set of powered armor to play with.

http://www.curseforge.com/media/files/780/573/enderio-1.1.0_alpha.11.jar

My intenetion is to move all new development work to 1.7 and only apply bug fixes to 1.6 from this point.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Padfoote

Lucas Joviniano

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers' Construct and ExtraTiC get an Update today:

Tinkers' Construct
New Content:
- Armor Gui accessories redone
- Yellow hearts will drop from bosses
- Tasty now drops bacon every so often
- Added a creative-mode way to get tools
- Added a third extra modifier for tools
Changes:
- Battlesigns have the writable trait
- Battlesigns now have the "Damage Reflector" ability
- Scythes with silk touch function as shears
- A config setting has been added to make vanilla tools have only one use
Bugfixes:
- Knapsacks should sync properly on load
- The tool station gui now shows speed properly
- Slimegrass will no longer grow under other slimegrass

Extra TiC
- Added Effects to Metallurgy Metals
- Added Buckets to all Molten Metals
- Fix Metallurgy 3 Base Metals stats
- Metallurgy ratios are configurable
- Minor fixes

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
what the deuce is slimegrass? Google gives me lot of copies of that changelog and little else :p
Slimegrass is the stuff growing on slime islands, aka those things in the sky with TiC. Breaking it gets you slimedirt, which is just as useful as slimegrass(aka not at all).

Reactions: Pyure