What's new in modded minecraft today?

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion preview!

uhAZ9ek.png

New Machine? What does *this* do?

QzmGwJD.png

Micro farm in a block? But what's that Phyto-Gro stuff?

M6xa06h.png

Oh. That's not too bad. Just some slag, niter, and charcoal dust or sawdust.

More pics here! Thanks to /u/DarkLight66 for posting alla them.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
QzmGwJD.png

Just some slag, niter, and charcoal dust or sawdust.

Anyone know what the sun icon is for? And I'd have expected some bonemeal in the phyto-gro recipe, but no biggie.

*Edit* Looks like it needs a sufficient light level, doesn't seem clear whether this has to be real daylight or not.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012

uhAZ9ek.png

QzmGwJD.png

M6xa06h.png

Very nice industrial farm approach using byproducts of other processes, would be quite useful for themed packs that don't give you dirt directly.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Its just representing the progress bar. And a sun because agriculture.
Hmm... but if that's the progress bar...

...what's the arrow for?

Looking forward to finding out! :D it's interesting that they've gone for an alternative to the usual multi-block autofarm...!

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what the sun icon is for? And I'd have expected some bonemeal in the phyto-gro recipe, but no biggie.

*Edit* Looks like it needs a sufficient light level, doesn't seem clear whether this has to be real daylight or not.

Its just representing the progress bar. And a sun because agriculture.

Z84FW3M.png

Actually it *is* light. The only question is does it require sunlight only, or will artificial light sources suffice.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Z84FW3M.png

Actually it *is* light. The only question is does it require sunlight only, or will artificial light sources suffice.
Aha! I thought it might be ;) I actually hope it's natural light only - you're already making a big saving on space compared to normal farms, there should be some counterpoint. Unless it requires special expensive RF-powered lights...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice industrial farm approach using byproducts of other processes, would be quite useful for themed packs that don't give you dirt directly.

makes for some interesting augment additions, for example a solar augment which will give light for the plants to grow, otherwise the plants won't grow fast enough and you'd have to place the block in direct sunlight
would also be interesting if this block would allow you to crossbreed plants to create new plants, or perhaps improve the stats of plants

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Kamran Mackey

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Update: GregTech 6.00.03 for Minecraft 1.7.10

GregoriusT has released yet another update of GregTech 6, and is already working on the next update, 6.00.04. Check out the changelog & link to download the update below & also please make sure you update since it fixes a few bugs & also adds some new things as well!

Forum Thread: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7156&pageNo=1

Download Link: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/com/gregoriust/gregtech/gregtech_1.7.10/index.html

• [DEPENDENCIES] Adjusted to the new Crop System. Requires IC²-679 or higher from now on.
  • [ADDED] More Crushed Ore Smelting Recipes.
  • [FIXED] Crates and Ore Blocks not rendering in "otherwise" empty Chunks (you would've noticed it when stacking up to the sky with a bunch of Crates).
  • [FIXED] Silk Touching the regular GT Ores. Small Ores are as always not Silk Touchable.
  • [FIXED] Forgetting to reset the Color after Rendering a Texture causing weird Door Colors for example. Even though the Door Color thing is a vanilla Bug.
  • [FIXED] Gunpowder and other explosive Blocks causing an additional Client Side explosion rather than only doing the Serverside one. Btw. @everyone getting the Idea to use that Feature for mining: Those explosions are flaming, meaning all Drops would be burned.
  • [FIXED] Improved Worldgen Code by finally finding a fix for the TileEntity Ores causing a stupid update when they get placed, resulting in infinite World Generation Loops, when those are at Chunk Borders. Now I can finally generate Small Ores with the Default "Each-Chunk-Generator" without fearing, that this shit could ever happen again (before it used the "3x3-Chunk-Generator" for avoiding those Loops, causing UB Stone Problems). This fix will also "greatly" reduce Lag from generating my Ores (at least it feels greatly).
  • [CHANGE] Thanks to a small change in my Sync Code, Clients no longer have empty Ore TileEntities at obstructed Locations. Now they get created on the fly as soon as the Packet arrives. Before this, they got synched on the fly, what was basically the same.

Last edited:

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Update: GregTech 6.00.03 for Minecraft 1.7.10

GregoriusT has released yet another update of GregTech 6, and is already working on the next update, 6.00.04. Check out the changelog & link to download the update below & also please make sure you update since it fixes a few bugs & also adds some new things as well!

Forum Thread: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7156&pageNo=1

Download Link: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/com/gregoriust/gregtech

• [DEPENDENCIES] Adjusted to the new Crop System. Requires IC²-679 or higher from now on.
  • [ADDED] More Crushed Ore Smelting Recipes.
  • [FIXED] Crates and Ore Blocks not rendering in "otherwise" empty Chunks (you would've noticed it when stacking up to the sky with a bunch of Crates).
  • [FIXED] Silk Touching the regular GT Ores. Small Ores are as always not Silk Touchable.
  • [FIXED] Forgetting to reset the Color after Rendering a Texture causing weird Door Colors for example. Even though the Door Color thing is a vanilla Bug.
  • [FIXED] Gunpowder and other explosive Blocks causing an additional Client Side explosion rather than only doing the Serverside one. Btw. @everyone getting the Idea to use that Feature for mining: Those explosions are flaming, meaning all Drops would be burned.
  • [FIXED] Improved Worldgen Code by finally finding a fix for the TileEntity Ores causing a stupid update when they get placed, resulting in infinite World Generation Loops, when those are at Chunk Borders. Now I can finally generate Small Ores with the Default "Each-Chunk-Generator" without fearing, that this shit could ever happen again (before it used the "3x3-Chunk-Generator" for avoiding those Loops, causing UB Stone Problems). This fix will also "greatly" reduce Lag from generating my Ores (at least it feels greatly).
  • [CHANGE] Thanks to a small change in my Sync Code, Clients no longer have empty Ore TileEntities at obstructed Locations. Now they get created on the fly as soon as the Packet arrives. Before this, they got synched on the fly, what was basically the same.

Hey can you not use black? When using the dark theme its nearly impossible to read

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Yulife

Kamran Mackey

Jul 29, 2019
Hey can you not use black? When using the dark theme its nearly impossible to read

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
Sorry, but no. I'm not changing it, because otherwise it would look weird on the Default Forum Style. Sorry.

Not to mention the fact that black is the default color when making new forum posts. So I'm sticking with the forum's default text color.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

uhAZ9ek.png

QzmGwJD.png

M6xa06h.png

So I could ether set up a farm with EIO, steves factory manager, Mine factory reloaded, or auto-activators if pams in also in where all I have to do is add power.
Or use this where I have to keep feeding it resources ,set up auto crafting, and give it power.
And the winner for new least used block goes to...

Edit: And then I read this.
"Seems a bit overpowered until you realize that actual farms work way faster, and you can't do trees here either. Very nice addition to TE imo."
Ding ding ding we have a winner.

This part was funny to.
Seems to take a bit long to process with no augments, but hey, at least you don't have to setup an actual farm.