What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Why has no one done this earlier? TELL ME!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2270705-dpu-dont-pick-up

Introducing the DPU!
What is DPU, you may ask. Simple... It's three letters of the alphabet.

Anyway, back to the mod.
Don't Pick Up by superckl
DPU is a mod that adds just one item to the game, the "excludifier." With this item, you can select items from a creative-like inventory that you wish to not be picked up. By doing this, whenever you walk past that item on the ground, you simply won't pick it up. No more inventories full of cobblestone from mining!
To start, you'll need to craft yourself an excludifier. This takes an ender pearl, so don't expect to have one right when you start!

1440be5976.png

After you have your excludifier, simply right click with it to bring up this GUI:

2aa9d1a499.png

The first screen will show your inventory on the bottom and which items you have selected on top. To go to the creative-like search, simply click the compass tab to open a GUI similar to the creative inventory. In here, simply left click items to select or deselect them:

6201e3201b.png

Once you've selected a few items, you can go back to the first tab and your selected items will be displayed. Note that you can also drag items from your inventory to the top section to select them. This will be required if you are your server admin decides to disable the creative-like search:

df87ffd90d.png

And you're done! Now you won't pick up any of those items until you either remove the excludifer from your inventory or deselect the items.

Note that you type in text to search for an either tab to filter your results:

ce76515fa2.png

Utopiaman

Jul 29, 2019
ultopiaman what type of mods are going to be in ur pack
Lets see here, battlemusic, NEI, waila, Archimedes ships, chisel, carpenters blocks, betterstorage, flaxbeards, ex nihilo, enchanting plus, dimensional pockets, enderio, thermal expansion, mekanism, MFR, AE2, and others (my computer gets ~5 fps right now with the pack its 1.7.10 tho

It's only a private pack right now (only on my comp) so I still have a LOT of testing to do

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

Claycorp

Jul 29, 2019
Quick note about Pay2Spawn.
If you have been having issues with it crashing and giving the "Class not found of X" with the "Security signatures don't match" error An update to the latest builds have removed the troublesome code and a possible fix has been added.

D3Core
Inside Pay2Spawn we had a permission system it was made for people who use it in a server setting and it was to deny or allow certain spawning/rewards (IE: People can't make a reward for a dollar that deletes the world.)
This will be moved out of Pay2Spawn and into our core! This means that all of our mods will now have an integrated permission system with groups. This should allow for even more configuration for servers!

D3Commands
We have someone new hanging around DoubleDoorDevleopment now! Currently it is unsure if he will stay as forge is new to him and he did bukkit plugins before.
He added some new commands and here they are!
/top - takes you to the top of the world
/heal - heals the target or user
/feed - feeds target or user
/fly - allows flying for the target or user
/god - makes user invulnerable
/back - teleports you to the last place you died
/mem - displays used memory out of total available
/sethome - Sets a "Home point" you can teleport back to (Currently isn't saved across server restarts)
/home - takes yo the the "Home point"
/gm - changes the gamemode of the user

D3Backend
Pay2Spawn's derp has moved most of the focus off the backend sadly and nothing really has happened recently. There was a few bugfixes with broken pages and added some backend console commands.

PlaceableTools
PlaceableTools has a small update coming in the near future adding some new placeables. I'll post some screenshots when possible :3

Thats all for today! Sorry for the large gap between posts :c Hopefully soon things will be back in full swing.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry Dev update to build #256, with fireproof wood!

http://jenkins.ic2.player.to/job/Forestry_Dev/256/
Forestry Dev Jenkins said:
Build #256 (03/11/2014 09:35:04)
  1. Add fireproof gene to trees
  2. Add fireproof logs and planks, and recipes
About the update: Fireproof wood can be obtained either from trees with the fireproof gene or from a thermionic fabricator, crafting planks/logs with refractory wax and liquid glass.
Now everyone can build your nice wood huts, without the fear of it burning it down to ashes!

I know this is not exactly knew, but i doubt anyone knew about this.

by the Forestry Dev Team.

--------------------------------------------

Edit: I'm the only one that thinks this form is seriously strange? Why the owner of the content is in the end? It should be close to the main bold thing, together with the link.
@Captainnana

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Don't Pick Up by superckl
Just felt like quoting this to say that Random Things (also known as that mod that people only use for the fast leaf decay) has had something similar for quite a while, even though the wiki provides no information on how to use it -- the Item Filter, which can be later upgraded to the Void Filter to do exactly what you think it does. (I think those are their names anyway)
Using it isn't too obvious at first: you need to make an item card, open the GUI for that card to place the items you want to filter/void, then open the item/void filter's interface and place the item card in there. Then, as long as you keep it in your inventory, you will either ignore any of that item that gets dropped on the ground or straight delete it on pick-up, based on which version you used.

Utopiaman

Jul 29, 2019
Just felt like quoting this to say that Random Things (also known as that mod that people only use for the fast leaf decay) has had something similar for quite a while, even though the wiki provides no information on how to use it -- the Item Filter, which can be later upgraded to the Void Filter to do exactly what you think it does. (I think those are their names anyway)
Using it isn't too obvious at first: you need to make an item card, open the GUI for that card to place the items you want to filter/void, then open the item/void filter's interface and place the item card in there. Then, as long as you keep it in your inventory, you will either ignore any of that item that gets dropped on the ground or straight delete it on pick-up, based on which version you used.
I always knew randomthings was awesome

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
AttainedDrops updated to 0.1.1 - SlimeBalls!

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225308-attained-drops/files/2218117

Since people have been begging for thread updates ;), here you go
I can't believe that I forgot to add these to the supported drops but two words of code later and three resources, a non-bug-fix update :)
I didn't have much time at all to work on it tonight, much more tomorrow!
gs2dOZq.png

VapourDrive