What's new in modded minecraft today?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Well, today has certainly been interesting.

Pahimar quit modding -- EE2 and EE3
Cloudhunter quit modding -- ComputerCraft
Mikeemoo quit modding -- Open Mods (Open Mods Lib, Open Perihperal, Open Blocks)
Asie quit modding -- Ender Net
KingLemming quit modding -- Thermal Expansion, Redstone Arsenal, CoFH Core

http://www.pahimar.com/blog/whats-next-for-me/ -- Pahimar explains his recent decision
https://twitter.com/Cloudhunter -- Cloudy's twitter has some information (warning, concerns a sensitive current issue which FTB forum moderators have already asked not to be dramatised. I am linking this for information purposes only)
https://twitter.com/OpenMods -- Info about Mikeymoo's departure from moding

Just posting some more links in support of what SatanicSanta wrote.

I can't find anything relevant on Asie or Mikeymoo, could you tell me where you found that info SatanicSanta

Last edited:

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.pahimar.com/blog/whats-next-for-me/ -- Pahimar explains his recent decision
https://twitter.com/Cloudhunter-- Cloudy's twitter has some information (warning, concerns a sensitive current issue which FTB forum moderators have already asked not to be dramatised. I am linking this for information purposes only)

Just posting some more links in support of what SatanicSanta wrote.

I can't find anything relevant on Asie or Mikeymoo, could you tell me where you found that info SatanicSanta
Mikeemoo tweeted it, not sure about Asie. I'll miss all these people... :( All of them awesome making some super awesome mods. Especially @King Lemming gonna miss you man. You were an island of calm and reason amidst the maelstrom of modding drama.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Well, today has certainly been interesting.

Pahimar quit modding -- EE2 and EE3
Cloudhunter quit modding -- ComputerCraft
Mikeemoo quit modding -- Open Mods (Open Mods Lib, Open Perihperal, Open Blocks)
Asie quit modding -- Ender Net
KingLemming quit modding -- Thermal Expansion, Redstone Arsenal, CoFH Core
I think "retire" would be a better term for some of them. Pahimar still plans on finishing EE3 and porting EE2.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Mikeemoo tweeted it, not sure about Asie. I'll miss all these people... :( All of them awesome making some super awesome mods. Especially @King Lemming gonna miss you man. You were an island of calm and reason amidst the maelstrom of modding drama.
Yeah I just found out that OpenMods had its own twitter that Mikey was using to post some of this stuff.

https://twitter.com/OpenMods

OpenPeripherals is probably in my top 3 favourite mods together with computercraft so it will be a shame to see Mikey leave modding
Fortunately the open mods are being taken over by someone called boq (I don't know this person, but their name makes me want to sing Wicked songs so this is a good start).

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
about all this about permissions, i don't understand why modders disallow their mods to be in mod packs can someone explain to me from the POV of a modder since i only play minecraft (thought i am learning java for reasons you can guess) i am having trouble stepping into their shoes to understand why
Ps. i want to make i clear i am am trying to say this in the nicest of ways i am not trying to start anything i support modders of their decisions but i am curious about why

Edited out inflamatory words - JC

Last edited by a moderator:

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
about all this about permissions, i don't understand why modders disallow their mods to be in mod packs can someone explain to me from the POV of a modder since i only play minecraft (thought i am learning java for reasons you can guess) i am having trouble stepping into their shoes to understand why
Ps. i want to make i clear i am am trying to say this in the nicest of ways i am not trying to start anything i support modders of their decisions but i am curious about why
It's best to not bring this up on the FTB forums.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
It's not just permissions, it is disrespect from users to modders.

Edit:

Asie posted it on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...modders_how_do_you_feel_at_the_moment/ceyuqv2 "Yes, EnderNet is dead"

Mikee tweeted it: https://twitter.com/OpenMods/status/427205835300020224

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
You can't use the phrase and I'm trying to say this in the nicest of ways in one thought. You just can't
i mean the utmost respect to the mod makers but to the people getting angry at them for making minecraft more interesting not so much i now see how i may have phrased what i was trying to say not the best way {redacted} was the first word that came to my mind

@SatanicSanta (sorry don't know how to multi-quote) i know but my question about why mod makers disallow the use of their mods in mod packs i'm just curious

@Greevir i'm not trying to cause trouble i mentioned the issues going on for the reason of fitting my question into this thread trying to some what stay on topic instead of jumping to my question with no apparent reason

EDIT: i also now understand that this may not have been the best thread for my question, sorry

also sorry everyone for any grammar, spelling, punctuation problems in this post i'm not the best at conveying my thoughts through written words

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

I will answer this once and only once. On the FTB Launcher we practice respect for fellow humans who have put effort into something. It has nothing to do with "legality" or "licenses" and everything to do with showing respect to the people who create content for the users.

Everyone drop this topic or go back to Reddit/MCF . Our requiring permissions has nothing to do with whether its legal or not and everything to do with respecting the creators expressed wishes. -- this is my moderating voice.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I highly doubt EE2 will be updated anytime soon. One because Xeno probably doesn't want it to be, and two because it would take a REALLY long time. As far as I know, the think is still way back in 1.2.5

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit surprised Mikee quit due to community attitude. He seemed to be a pretty well-respected dev and had well-respected mods, from what I could tell.

Well, at least most of these mods haved named successor devs or have another dev working on them already.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I was surprised to hear that Pahimar was interested in the prospect of porting EE2. The man is crazy! Whether or not EE2 gets updated, I am looking forward to EE3

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit surprised Mikee quit due to community attitude. He seemed to be a pretty well-respected dev and had well-respected mods, from what I could tell.

Well, at least most of these mods haved named successor devs or have another dev working on them already.
More reasons people shouldn't complain about how the modder wants their mods. (I mean the community attitude comment lol)

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
NOES :C Not openblocks :C[DOUBLEPOST=1390726813][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, but that's better than wolves. You can't really use it with anything else so it's sorta been exiled to it's own little island. By the creator's choosing of course. Doesn't make it suck any less :( I still wish that better with forge hadn't been hated on so much.

Tbh, i feel the same.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I woke up this morning to this sad news... but for this topic I've decided that you're allowed to make a post about a mod developer who has chosen to retire from the modding scene, with a link to a specific tweet/post concerning this, but we'll not discuss about the reasons of why they're leaving or things like that, mostly to prevent a sh!tstorm from happening. as jaded mentioned, if you wish to discuss this you may do so on the reddit or MCF, but not on the FTB forum. already much thanks to all of you who'll listen to this request.

I've been a bit late this morning, had some computer problems. I'll be doing my usual thing and will see if there are any new updates in modded world today ;)

Wait, I thought the exo suit was creative mode only?
It got a recipe in the latest dev version[/quote]

yup, in the latest dev versions you're now able to craft the exo suit.
do note though, you'll have to upgrade the suit yourself now to get the modifiers, if you don't your exo suit will basically be useless...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
in the what's new in modded minecraft today, we've an update for Ars Magica 2, with again quite a changelog

Ars Magica 2 said:

• Added some multiblock optimizations which will help with overall tick rate
  • The crafting altar block will only take on the texture of the rest of the altar when it is constructed correctly and complete
  • If your altar doesn't fit in, you haven't built it right!
  • This may take up to 10 seconds to recognize
  • Fixed an issue where the crafting altar block would be invisible
  • Moved the summon component to early in the defense tree and changed it to require a blue skill point
  • Moved charm into the utility tree
  • Added a new component to the early utility tree: Wizard's Autumn
  • Made for leaf-cutting
  • Fixed a duplication bug with Dig
  • Fixed an issue where projectile spells would apply the wrong casting mode occasionally
  • The inscription table now works properly as a single tile entity
  • The inscription table will no longer write invalid spell recipes to books
  • MFR grinders no longer work on AM2 bosses
  • MFR safari nets no longer work on AM2 bosses
  • Added a new block: The Slipstream Generator
  • Fixed missing compendium entries for: Caster Rune, Essence Refiner, Vinteum Ore
  • Fixed a missing mob entry in the compendium for the Hell Cow
  • Removed Obsidian from the recipe for the Sigil Stand
  • Activating existing AM blocks will now cause their compendium entries to become unlocked
  • Added more clues to the silver skill entry under the mechanics section of the compendium
  • Fixed an issue where the sigils of containment and interdiction would not properly block certain entities
  • Fixed an issue where sigils would not properly change their radius when upgraded/downgraded
  • Fixed sound loading issues on Linux/Mac
  • Fixed a crashing bug that could happen if a magic broom was spawned improperly
  • Fixed a duplication bug with everstone
  • Fixed a duplication bug with mana batteries
  • Fixed a container bug related to upgraded magician's workbenches
  • Create water now works on flowing water, giving it similar functionality to how a bucket works
  • Fixed a targeting bug with AoE relating to plants and crops
  • Fixed a targeting bug with AoE when combined with projectile
  • Buffed Grow slightly - it now always affects crops, trees, etc, but in the same way Bonemeal does. It will not always affect grass and sand
  • Sigil of the felled oak will now search down on the y-axis upon finding a tree, so that it always cuts down at its base
  • Fixed an issue where the client wouldn't properly get the list of disabled skills when logging on to a server

some of you may have had a problem with the sigil of containmnent not working correctly, this should be fixed now. also say byebye to your ars magica bosses in safari nets, no more easy spawning for you ;)

and then there's an update for Carpenter's Blocks, with also quite a changelog

Carpenter's Blocks said:
>> Version 2.0.0 Changelog

01/26/2014
- Cleaned up and fixed smooth lighting being wrong or incomplete for top and bottom faces.
- Cleaned up smooth brightness on collapsible top face.
- Cleaned up slope lighting issues from recent changes.
- Block break speed now takes into account item strength versus the cover block.
- Safe will no longer visually begin cracking if being destroyed by player that does not have edit permission.
- Darkness with block breaking texture brightness on slopes and collapsible block corrected.
- Adjusted default block IDs to be FTB-friendly.
- Torch can now be crafted with charcoal.
- Torch will no longer extinguish in dry biomes.
- Possible fix for getEnableAO() crash.
- Door and bed (multiblock) placement should no longer cause crashes under any circumstances.
- Icon-related inventory rendering crashes should no longer occur.
- Revised general edit permissions.
- Revised Safe edit permissions.
- Safe render updates should now only occur once per second, at most.
- Cover rotation data now resets before block ejection.
- Oblique sloped faces now have aligned textures. Uncovered texture unified.
- Refactored and bug-fixed texture rotation code.
- Fixed bug where pointing at block prevents food right-click behavior.
- Fixed various rendering problems when z-fighting fix is enabled.
- Fixed players in adventure mode being unable to activate blocks.
- Fixed collision boxes for North and West facing wedge roof prisms.
- Fixed safe rotation discrepancy in code; rotate your existing safes with hammer left-click.
- Base blocks now inherit slipperiness from covers.

and lastly a dev update for Tinker's Construct, which has been released for a few days now, but didn't have a changelog, but does now. though don't think it'll be as big as these other 2 changelogs

Tinker's Construct said:
1.5.3d3
- Added double-jump modifier to exo-shoes http://imgur.com/vx41Nyh
- Bugfixes

now for something a little different. for those who've been going to the FTB Reddit this probably isn't news, but for those who don't... the TPPI (Test Pack Please Ignore) beta has been released.

TPPI said:
Test Pack Please Ignore open BETA now on the FTB Launcher!

Hey everyone!

The open BETA of Test Pack Please Ignore is now available on the FTB Launcher! Use the private pack code "MegaSharkPunch" (no quotes) to download it. Also blame /u/wha-ha-ha for the private code...I don't even know.

BEFORE YOU LAUNCH

• Please read the readme on our github (link below) for pack instructions. Especially recommended server owners read this.
  • We recommend at least 2.5GB of RAM and 256m of permgen.
  • Set phasers to fun (couldn't resist)
Note that during this open BETA phase, feedback and discussion should go in /r/TestPackPleaseIgnore, and bug reports should be posted as issues on https://github.com/TPPI-Dev/TestPackPleaseIgnore.

Please note that this pack may or not be ready for server download yet, it should be coming very soon as the files were JUST sent off to FTB.

Huge thanks to all the people who have contributed so far, especially the beta testers for their hard work in making sure this pack is almost perfect, as well as the rest of the dev team for their work.

Reminder: This is a BETA. Other than that, everything else is all there in the manual. Have fun! inb4 "manual?" - Just load the game and see :)

for those interested, here you go http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1w26lg/the_tppi_open_beta_is_here_code_and_important/

that's it for now :)

Last edited: