What's new in modded minecraft today?

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Engineer's Toolbox

I think it's mostly because ET just doesn't get used too often, much less the ore processing of it. It is a new mod to FTB. I think the lack of GUIs is interesting, but it also makes it harder to work with considering how the sheer amount of stuff a single block can do. I have to say though, it seems to be able to do just about everything. I keep meaning to learn it.

On topic (because I always feel obligated), I wonder if a topic like this is the best format for this. Maybe make a new thread for each week or something? It'd be hard to check in on the new developments if it becomes the usual megathreads these forums get.

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
why not edit the original post with the last three weeks updates have the rest in spoilers

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well, a forum category would be an option, but then the topics should be made by FTB staff and not allow other forum members to create topics, to prevent offtopic topics.
and I could have old news in spoilers, but dang, after a month or so the OP would be insanely long

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
have a spoiler for old posts and a spoiler for each week inside and clean it out occasionally like after a post reaches 3 months old
EDIT: just to do a little math at a max there will be 4 weeks per month so 4 * 3 = 12 old posts all nestled inside another spoiler its not that much and maybe have a spoiler for notable things that happened a while back but are still relevant

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
not much news updates for today as compared to yesterday, which was more of a compilation of the last week

today I've Magic Bees which has released a new version with this changelog

Magic Bees said:
Thermal Expansion & Redstone Arsenal bees, courtesy of jadedcat.
Adding missing loc string for Blinding speed allele

Thermal Bees anyone? :D

also a little bit of spotlight for a new mod from VSWE, which he made for the latest Modjam.
it's quite a powerful mod, but it's just not getting enough attention, so hopefully this little bit if spotlight will help some

I'm talking about the Steve's Factory Manager mod
http://stevesfactorymanager.wikispaces.com/

it's a powerful inventory managing mod, and VSWE is also slowly adding more and more functions to it.
it may look a little bit overwhelming at first, but once you start learning how it works, you'll love it

Reactions: Fixided

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
well, mdiyo did say that armor was never really a planned thing for Tinker's Construct...
Really wish he'd get rid of the armor tab. (I think there's a config option for it at least.) Isn't that tab really just used for the health upgrades?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
And the knapsack. The knapsack is actually pretty handy.

partially yes, partially no. it's handy to store some of your items in, but you already have other options for storage like that.
plus with most gravestone mods, if you die, the content of the knapsack never gets picked up by the gravestone and it still drops to the ground

but I agree, if mdiyo thinks Tinker's Construct is complete, he should remove the extra tab.
the health canisters can be used with the exo suit, and the same could be done for the knapsack, just make it an upgrade option for the exo suit

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
is there way to acquire the exo suit if id like to know ive been wondering how to get it forever

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
[quote="Yusunoha, post: 540613, [/quote]
Wait, I thought the exo suit was creative mode only?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
King Lemming posted this on twitter yesterday
https://twitter.com/KingLemmingCoFH/status/427216506041028608?screen_name=KingLemmingCoFH

TE will get some bugfixes for the 1.6 version. Somebody will get it ported to 1.7 and beyond. However, I'm out of modded MC after that.

I know I am not alone in being very happy that King Lemming did stay on to update his mods to 1.6x. Boy, was that one awesome update - with the added bonus of Redstone Arsenal. It will be a shame to see him go, but it goes without saying that real life is more important. And it looks like COFH will continue anyway so thats good for us and good luck to King Lemming.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Super hype for that, can't wait 'till it's stable. I'm gonna see how much crazy power I can make with them. Probably gonna try out all of the ways to use the generators before settling on the one that makes the most RF.
The one that makes the most runs off nether stars

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Better than wolves.

Yeah, but that's better than wolves. You can't really use it with anything else so it's sorta been exiled to it's own little island. By the creator's choosing of course. Doesn't make it suck any less :( I still wish that better with forge hadn't been hated on so much.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Well, today has certainly been interesting.

Pahimar quit modding -- EE2 and EE3
Cloudhunter quit modding -- ComputerCraft
Mikeemoo quit modding -- Open Mods (Open Mods Lib, Open Perihperal, Open Blocks)
Asie quit modding -- Ender Net
KingLemming quit modding -- Thermal Expansion, Redstone Arsenal, CoFH Core