What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
New on the hype train for a mod in the making by @SpitefulFox

Choochoo!

7ycSr6D.png

THEY'RE SO CUUUUUTE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
is that publicly available?

Duuuude ! You're sooooo 15 hours behind the times !

https://github.com/CoFH/CoFHCore/tree/master/src/main/java

ex: https://github.com/CoFH/CoFHCore/tree/master/src/main/java/cofh/core

KingLemming authored 14 hours ago

Code:
    private static final String BUILD = "1180";
    public static final String FML_REQ = "7.10.0." + BUILD;
    public static final String FML_REQ_MAX = "7.11";
    public static final String FORGE_REQ = "10.13.0." + BUILD;
    public static final String FORGE_REQ_MAX = "10.14";
    public static final String COFH_LIB_REQ = "1.0";

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Dangit! I'm only cutting edge, not bleeding edge! :p

Thanks.

Now if I only knew what to download from those links

I'm very much tongue-in-cheek. I had no idea myself until I checked this thread just now and Googled "cofhcore github" and was surprised and pleased to find it there.

Reactions: RedBoss

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Ill be honest, I dont like what I see. Looks like more tedious steps and no more simple machines.
Not only that, but most of the features seen were just reimplementations of things done numerous times in other mods. This is the first step down the route of IC2, please change course.

Reactions: pc_assassin

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Ill be honest, I dont like what I see. Looks like more tedious steps and no more simple machines.

I have pretty much the opposite opinion. The basic machines with no upgrades look to perform exactly the same. Upgrades are optional.

And, things like redprint make it less complicated, in a manner. I don't have to go into the GUI of every single TE machine to change their faces when I setup a bank of them.

In general, I'd much rather have 1 Furnace and 1 Pulverizer with max. upgrades rather than a bank of them. Seems like TE4 will make settings up and using TE simpler rather than more complicated by making for quicker setups with fewer Itemducts.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not only that, but most of the features seen were just reimplementations of things done numerous times in other mods. This is the first step down the route of IC2, please change course.
Can't please everyone. If half the crowd loves complicated tech, and the other half likes simplicity, someone's gonna be sad at the end of the day.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Can't please everyone. If half the crowd loves complicated tech, and the other half likes simplicity, someone's gonna be sad at the end of the day.

Configurability is the answer to that. I firmly believe modpacks should diversify based on simplicity/complexity, overpoweredness/balance and things like that, while modders should be left to adding features.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Configurability is the answer to that. I firmly believe modpacks should diversify based on simplicity/complexity, overpoweredness/balance and things like that, while modders should be left to adding features.
This is 100% my opinion as well. You'll be surprised how much debating you'll hear against it however.

Re-reading your statement: I want to emphasize that you've essentially covered my entire opinion perfectly.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
While I firmly believe this as well, you'd be surprised at how many people will make threads on "omg halpz pls wherez redstones controlz on dem TE4 machines?" I think it Immibis's sig that has a quote "90% of people won't see your configs. 95% of people won't change them."

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
This is 100% my opinion as well. You'll be surprised how much debating you'll hear against it however.

Re-reading your statement: I want to emphasize that you've essentially covered my entire opinion perfectly.

Ditto. Before MineTweaker, HQM, and themed mod-packs like MF2, BnB, AgS, and InfiTech, for example, became mainstream, the defaults that a mod came with were extremely important. But, I think the community - with huge thanks to MineTweaker - has evolved to the point where config defaults and recipe defaults aren't as fixed/important as they used to be.[DOUBLEPOST=1406210850][/DOUBLEPOST]
While I firmly believe this as well, you'd be surprised at how many people will make threads on "omg halpz pls wherez redstones controlz on dem TE4 machines?" I think it Immibis's sig that has a quote "90% of people won't see your configs. 95% of people won't change them."

That was true pre-Mineteaker, pre-themed-modpack-going-mainstream.

The structure of his statement is still true, but his % values should be in a config (LOL).

Here's an updated version:

Code:
if( preMineTweakerEra ) then
  ENTITIES = "people";
  BASE = 90;
else
  ENTITIES = "pack-makers";
  BASE = 90 - (computeDecliningReluctanceToTweakConfigs(date()));

BASE% of ENTITIES won't see your configs. (100 - ((100 - BASE) / 2))% of ENTITIES won't change them.

Last edited: