What would a 1.6 post-BC power gen world look like ?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I value the vertical quarry for the sand, clay, soil, & cobble. All of which are useful in building... buildings, roads, etc...

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone flux, item ducts, thermal expansion 3...

Where are you guys getting this stuff about te3?

Also, it appears Rotarycraft is finally getting noticed... That's great ;)

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
I value the vertical quarry for the sand, clay, soil, & cobble. All of which are useful in building... buildings, roads, etc...

I get tons of that stuff from the Sludge Boilers processing my tree farm Harvesters.

Reactions: AlanEsh

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone flux, item ducts, thermal expansion 3...

Where are you guys getting this stuff about te3?

Also, it appears Rotarycraft is finally getting noticed... That's great ;)

There are a few threads talking about TE3 in the mod discussion forums where spoilers are being posted sometimes.

Posted on my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Doing more testing with RotaryCraft. While not happy with the overpressure exploding mechanics of the Air Compressor to convert RC MW power to MJ power, it works pretty well.

In this screenshot, there are 12 total Hydrokinetic Engines driving 6 Air Compressors. The total output is almost exactly 100 mj/t. It's connected to Ender IO conduits into a Power Monitor and a small Storage Capacitor bank. It seems stable. I can let it run forever.

P0inEwV.png

While I'm not happy with the unbalanced "hey, just a single water source block 64+ y-height above the engines can make unlimited powah !!111" part of it, the Air Compressor seemed workable. This was easiest way to test the max. capacity of the Air Compressors. They blow up at ~27 MJ/t each, but are stable at approx. 16 to 18 MJ/t each. Max is somewhere in between.

Reactions: PierceSG

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
There are 2 more RotaryCraft engines above (more powerful) than the Hydrokinetic Engine : the Microturbine and the Gas Turbine. Both of these run off the Jet Fuel, which takes ethanol to the next level in the Fractionation Unit, which requires the following consumables:
  • ethanol
  • blaze powder
  • magma creme
  • coal
  • tar (ground up soul sand)
  • netherrack dust
Ghast tears are a solvent/catalyst, but are not consumed.

IMHO, this is a more balanced fuel than the waterfall. All of the above ingredients can be obtained through bee breeding or other (near-)end-game automated means.

However, the problem with the higher-power engines is downconverting (splitting) their power to something the Air Compressor can handle without blowing up.

RotaryCraft also receives top marks for its in-game documentation. The RotaryCraft Handbook is excellent. I don't have to ALT+TAB to play RotaryCraft.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, I might, I was just being a bit sarcastic because I wait "gates are useful" and got the reply "try EnderIO". Which is a huge non-sequitur.

Is that what you think I said? I was simply saying don't prejudge something. The guy showed you one tiny element of the mod. You responded poorly. Whether it was sarcastic or not, it was aggresive and you quite clearly failed to understand the statement he made. I still stongly reccomend you give the mod a download.

Reactions: TheAbstractHippo

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Am i the only one disoriented by the smallness of the ender io cable thingys/his FOV?
No. It's actually one of the main reasons I haven't given Ender I/O a chance; I can't stand the size/look of the pipes/cables compared to almost everything else in minecraft.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Update on RotaryCraft

Got Jet Fuel going. It takes 4x Fractionation Units making Jet Fuel to supply 1 Gas Turbine. So far, so good. However, converting the massive power (equivalent of 1,200 MJ/t !!) from the single Gas Turbine to MJ took Air Compressor and down-power conversion spam. Am thinking the Gas Turbine is not a good fit for this due to massive network it requires to keep from blowing up the Air Compressors.

And, in general, my client and server are less stable with RotaryCraft.

Will withhold verdict until I can explore some more of this mod. It has great potential, but I also see some potential Achilles' heels.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
With those hydrokinetic engines running forever; you're essentially trading space (and a fair bit of it) for 'free' energy. Theres a fair challenge involved in building something that tall early game (pre-flight).
Also the spinning waterwheels are perfectly safe for those who'd like a closer look ;)

Has anyone else looked at the Rotary Craft ore processing?
It looks like it goes through 5 stages, with each stage a %chance to double (50-130% I think). Each final stage product can be smelted into 1 unit of *material* --Looks like the full ore dictionary is automatically included too.
My NEI says somewhere between 5x (copper/iron) and 13x (GT iridium) ore yield.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Doing more testing with RotaryCraft. While not happy with the overpressure exploding mechanics of the Air Compressor to convert RC MW power to MJ power, it works pretty well.

In this screenshot, there are 12 total Hydrokinetic Engines driving 6 Air Compressors. The total output is almost exactly 100 mj/t. It's connected to Ender IO conduits into a Power Monitor and a small Storage Capacitor bank. It seems stable. I can let it run forever.

P0inEwV.png

While I'm not happy with the unbalanced "hey, just a single water source block 64+ y-height above the engines can make unlimited powah !!111" part of it, the Air Compressor seemed workable. This was easiest way to test the max. capacity of the Air Compressors. They blow up at ~27 MJ/t each, but are stable at approx. 16 to 18 MJ/t each. Max is somewhere in between.

a fair balancing issue would be that you need to replace parts on those watermills because of the constant moving. though I don't know if this is already done or not...
it would be a pain to constantly replace the parts, but from what I see they give a ton of power, so some work should be fair...

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
For me, probably some solid fuel energy generation until later when I got surplus materiald to toy about.

I still like my treefarm for making charcoal, simple and effective.

As for the watermills, looks interesting.