What mods do you feel have been ignored?

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Admittedly the first thing I do whenever I install a new mod is immediately shut down minecraft and check out the config file. My personal instance is extremely well tailored to my preferences :)

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Admittedly the first thing I do whenever I install a new mod is immediately shut down minecraft and check out the config file. My personal instance is extremely well tailored to my preferences :)
Ditto, It's almost exciting for me to see how much I can change by default before most of the time being disappointed by simple configs. Easter Egg Config options are also fun too, Looking at you Forbidden Magic and also a Majority of Ichun's mods configs have it em too.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
My friend's obsessed of tht mod and i hate it because it's so unbalanced.
If you have auto farming you need some way to change the configs but without mfr's simple auto farming it is pretty balanced compared to other mods.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I can speak from experience that no matter how many config options you add, most people will complain about something :p Everything in attained drops is configurable and yet in over half of the spotlights people complain about it being too slow, one person even said it was simply broken.
I have failed to see a positive review by a you tuber on certain mods like this one that I think are amazing, when bigger minecrafters don't like it most people simply ignore it.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
What's the rule of thumb? 90% of your users won't know the config exists, 95% won't change it, so your defaults have to be sufficient and good enough.
For the record, those numbers are pulled out of thin air, but they give you the general idea.

Reactions: MigukNamja

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't heard any news on PowerCraft in a long time, and even in its heydey, it didn't see much love, from what I saw. Which is a shame, really, because it was the mod that got me into larger mods than the old Crossbows mod and such, and actually introduced me to the idea of automation. Didn't hurt that the conveyors are the only attempt at conveyor belts I've seen that I actually like, as MFR's are ludicrously slow to the point of uselessness, and they didn't trap you on them like MFR's do. It had the simplest farming machines ever that could also double as primitive room-clearing machines. It had lasers that could act as either tripwires or as mob grinders, it was just awesome. If it could be brought into 1.6/7, I'd be a very, very happy man.

Oh? Did I mention that, with a little XML knowledge, you could add new trees and crops for the harvester? Because you totally could. Seriously, I need to find if that thing's coming back...

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Suddenly it occurs to me that despite EE2 being one of the most popular mods of all time, ProjectE is still not included in more than two modpacks. Even then they're just optional mods.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't heard any news on PowerCraft in a long time, and even in its heydey, it didn't see much love, from what I saw. Which is a shame, really, because it was the mod that got me into larger mods than the old Crossbows mod and such, and actually introduced me to the idea of automation. Didn't hurt that the conveyors are the only attempt at conveyor belts I've seen that I actually like, as MFR's are ludicrously slow to the point of uselessness, and they didn't trap you on them like MFR's do. It had the simplest farming machines ever that could also double as primitive room-clearing machines. It had lasers that could act as either tripwires or as mob grinders, it was just awesome. If it could be brought into 1.6/7, I'd be a very, very happy man.

Oh? Did I mention that, with a little XML knowledge, you could add new trees and crops for the harvester? Because you totally could. Seriously, I need to find if that thing's coming back...
Ahh I remember finding that mod and being surprised by how big it was. I wish someone would update this mod because I never got to play it because it was a few versions behind

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Suddenly it occurs to me that despite EE2 being one of the most popular mods of all time, ProjectE is still not included in more than two modpacks. Even then they're just optional mods.

It breaks balance quite a bit... Most modpack creators who are trying to keep the progression stable are really more likely go not add in Project E. And don't get me wrong, I loved EE2 back in the day, I guess I just grew out of it. :p

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh I remember finding that mod and being surprised by how big it was. I wish someone would update this mod because I never got to play it because it was a few versions behind
Unfortunately, it seems updating it was...kind of a large hurdle due to the large amounts of spaghetti code left over from its early days. Ideally, most of the block/entity logic should still be functional from the 1.5 days, but there were still bugs and such that needed squashing even then. I do wonder what it'd take to do a straight port + bugfix; no new features (at least, at the moment), just putting it up there as it used to be while correcting a few problems and maybe providing a little in-game documentation of some sort.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
orespawn is a hard as hell mobs mod look it up, just wanna clarify this before a flame out

Yeah, I've seen a couple let's plays of it. It is pretty hard, but the way I see it, the mod creates it's own balance and progress line, that being, it is mostly a standalone mod... Minetweaking it for balance, without removing the huge amount of materials you can find in a terrain generated structure would be pretty much impossible, in my opinion. But eh, what do I know about life.