What mods do you feel have been ignored?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
There's a lot of cool mods out there. Some good, some bad. Something that I've noticed is that most modpacks have the "staple" mods of their genre. Which is great and all, but it often causes other mods to go unnoticed by mod pack makers. What mods do you wish would be added to more mod packs? Not just FTB packs, but ATLauncher and Tekkit packs as well.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech. Gregtech is getting a lot more love in 1.7, but still not enough. And Thaumic addons like Electro-Magic tools. I've only seen that mod in one pack, TPPI. Super Massive Tech by tterag could use more love. Also, Engineers Toolbox and Resonant Induction.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech. Gregtech is getting a lot more love in 1.7, but still not enough. And Thaumic addons like Electro-Magic tools. I've only seen that mod in one pack, TPPI. Super Massive Tech by tterag could use more love. Also, Engineers Toolbox and Resonant Induction.

Give the "polarity" that the GregTech mod generates amongst FTB'ers (meaning, you either love it or you hate it but nothing in-between), I think FTB should only have one or two modpacks with GT in it - like "FTB Ultimate" in 1.4.7 days... It makes me very happy to hear that we're going to get an Ultimate replacement - with GT - for 1.7, and of course some of us have already been playing 3rd Party modpack InfiTech (and BeyondReality in ATLauncher).

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Give the "polarity" that the GregTech mod generates amongst FTB'ers (meaning, you either love it or you hate it but nothing in-between), I think FTB should only have one or two modpacks with GT in it - like "FTB Ultimate" in 1.4.7 days... It makes me very happy to hear that we're going to get an Ultimate replacement - with GT - for 1.7, and of course some of us have already been playing 3rd Party modpack InfiTech (and BeyondReality in ATLauncher).
And will be in the 1.7 version of TPPI as well!

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Treecapitator is one of those mods that people love or hate, which throughout its lifetime has been in popular packs then vanishes for a time. Like it was in the old Technic packs, then wasn't in Tekkit itself for a long while, but then it was back in their later packs like Tekkit Lite. I don't know if it was ever in FTB, now that I think about it. It's one of those mods that grew on me, and almost entirely due to the large vanilla trees which are a pain to chop down. I know that there's a few mod axes to help with that these days, particularly Tinkers, but that locks you into a particular tool path, since most of those require fully investing in their particular mods to make.

Mo' Creatures is another old Technic Pack mod that you don't tend to see used much anymore, even though it's basically the Biomes O' Plenty of animals.

MAtmos, yet another old Technic/Tekkit mod, I haven't seen it used a lot anymore but I always liked the added atmosphere.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I like what Millenaire could be. Different villages of different civ types. Gives you quests, etc. Seems like it could be great with a fair amount of coordinated work on it. Haven't played it since 1.4.6 or 1.5 tho.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Treecapitator is one of those mods that people love or hate, which throughout its lifetime has been in popular packs then vanishes for a time. Like it was in the old Technic packs, then wasn't in Tekkit itself for a long while, but then it was back in their later packs like Tekkit Lite. I don't know if it was ever in FTB, now that I think about it. It's one of those mods that grew on me, and almost entirely due to the large vanilla trees which are a pain to chop down. I know that there's a few mod axes to help with that these days, particularly Tinkers, but that locks you into a particular tool path, since most of those require fully investing in their particular mods to make.

Mo' Creatures is another old Technic Pack mod that you don't tend to see used much anymore, even though it's basically the Biomes O' Plenty of animals.

MAtmos, yet another old Technic/Tekkit mod, I haven't seen it used a lot anymore but I always liked the added atmosphere.

Mo Creatures is not to be distributed in packs for some idiotic reason irc. Its a shame though.

Reactions: 1SDAN and RedBoss

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
I've fallen for Gany's mods and am surprised they are not more universal. Melt down crap for lava..nuff said.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
  • Remain In Motion. Notice how Direwolf20 got Funky Locomotion the moment it existed? If he wanted frames, he could've had them ages ago using Remain In Motion (or Redstone In Motion before that).
  • BuildCraft. Apparently itemducts are sexier.
  • Liquid XP. Since OpenBlocks and MFR gained similar functionality, it's fallen into the realm of "nobody even knows this exists".
  • Every mod made by someone who's not on ForgeCraft (which actually includes all of the above).

Last edited:

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
I think Galacticraft is a mod that doesn't get much love. I mean sure it's in a few packs but you would think it would be in a lot more since you can to the MOON!