What mods do you feel have been ignored?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Gany's Surface. It adds all the worldgen decorative blocks from 1.8 plus more. It even generates the water temples, but alas not the guardians.

I'd also add that mods with silly permissions tend to get ignored by and large. AtomikStryker's mods and Mo' Creatures stand out as offenders in this catergory.

Reactions: jdog1408

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Storage Drawers is a great mod that is exactly like a combination of Bibliocraft shelves and Jabba barrels. Ender Book is what I am using as a fast travel home option in place of portal gun but its a lot better in that it can hold multiple warp points. Another mod by the same author(duke something or other), called Boost adds an early game alternative to boots of the traveler. Practicalities for its magnet which is better than the other guy's versions, plus it has the sitis stick which stops rain.

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
And Mekanism needs better optimization(code is messier than my room).
Which could be a reason why it's not in many FTB packs.
Yeah, my transmitter code is so messy that I don't even understand it anymore. It should receive a solid makeover in v8.

In terms of general optimization, however, my machines are for the most part server-friendly as of v7, and already have a ton of optimizations ready for the next release. Plus, if you don't trust my pipes and cables, EnderIO has a perfect replacement :)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, my transmitter code is so messy that I don't even understand it anymore. It should receive a solid makeover in v8.

In terms of general optimization, however, my machines are for the most part server-friendly as of v7, and already have a ton of optimizations ready for the next release. Plus, if you don't trust my pipes and cables, EnderIO has a perfect replacement :)

I focused almost all of the tech in my last 1.6.4 world around Mekanism:
2014-08-22_070613_zpsd998eb95.png
. EnderIO cables are not a perfect replacement when you want to see whats going through the pipes. :)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

Awesome to hear!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Conveyors bro, conveyors. Nothing like them for moving items around the base, and watching them go. Huge, space consuming, and terribly fun to watch.

Reactions: epidemia78

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... Ignored?
What about Infinibows? Every mod has it (almost) but no-one really cares about it.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery, Remote IO, Hardcore Ender Expansion, Compact Machines, Resonant Induction, Rougelike Dungeons, Mekanism, Metallurgy, Flaxbeards Steam Power, Critterpet, Lava Monsters, Remain in Motion, Mutant Creatures, Artifice, Ridiculous World, Engineer's Toolbox, Dark Menagerie, Minechem 5, Coolers, Tubes!, Poor Ores

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if it's been said but magic crops, ik alot of packs have it but not many people actually utilize it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
My friend's obsessed of tht mod and i hate it because it's so unbalanced.
and yet there's a config file that allows you to massively change it's "balance", combined with minetweaker for things not available in the config. By default in a mod pack that allows automation of crop farms, it is "unbalanced".

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
and yet there's a config file that allows you to massively change it's "balance", combined with minetweaker for things not available in the config. By default in a mod pack that allows automation of crop farms, it is "unbalanced".
I can speak from experience that no matter how many config options you add, most people will complain about something :p Everything in attained drops is configurable and yet in over half of the spotlights people complain about it being too slow, one person even said it was simply broken.