What mods do you feel have been ignored?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Almost any mod letting you configure Vanilla stuff. Too many people are too lazy to open a config.
That's one of the reasons I enjoy LegacyCraft. There are...numerous changes made to vanilla that I just plain hate. Zombie backup and the EFFING baby zombies are the ones that come to mind the quickest. Of all vanilla changes, I think I hate those the most.

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
Although it was in Monster, I never saw too many people (on youtube, twitch and such) use RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft, and ElectriCraft to their full extent. I have yet to see any of them in a 1.7 modpack. (by default) Certainly one of my favorite set of mods.

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
Although it was in Monster, I never saw too many people (on youtube, twitch and such) use RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft, and ElectriCraft to their full extent. I have yet to see any of them in a 1.7 modpack. (by default) Certainly one of my favorite set of mods.
One of the reasons there not in modpacks is because you can't change the recipes but I would still like some youtubers play with them

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
I don't just thought maybe:
flat_550x550_075_f_u1.jpg

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Why don't people like magical crops
Default configs/recipes are too generous in a large mod pack environment that offers crop automation. Defaults are pretty good for manual farming. I've written a 200 line minetweaker file to change the mods balance, all things that can't be done via it's configs.
Building any large magical crop farm now is an achievement.

Reactions: RedBoss

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
Default configs/recipes are too generous in a large mod pack environment that offers crop automation. Defaults are pretty good for manual farming. I've written a 200 line minetweaker file to change the mods balance, all things that can't be done via it's configs.
Could you perhaps release the scripts pretty please.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe not 200 lines but I was gonna mega tweak it for my pack and probably disable auto-farming methods or make them a lot more expensive.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Could you perhaps release the scripts pretty please.
Maybe not 200 lines but I was gonna mega tweak it for my pack and probably disable auto-farming methods or make them a lot more expensive.
You can grab the scripts from my modpack, Code OmegaDawn (or check my sig).

What I've done is removed essence seeds from long grass. You craft with either essence from ore and wheat seeds, or dump wheat seeds into a botania mana pool.
Tier 1 seeds are crafted with Wheat Seeds, Tier 2 are crafted with essence seeds, T3 and T4 are crafted with custom seeds that have been dumped into a lot more mana.
I've also introduced some Tier 2.5 and 3.5 seeds by changing recipes.
Instead of ingots for crafting recipes, I've used Ores, since the output material crafts into Ores.
In the config seed chance is just 1%, ore gen has been reduced and output quantities heavily reduced (basically 1 ore/dust from essence).

Takes a long time for the magical crops to pay for themselves, so best to start them early. (oh, plus no watering can from XU)