What mods do you feel have been ignored?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've seen a couple let's plays of it. It is pretty hard, but the way I see it, the mod creates it's own balance and progress line, that being, it is mostly a standalone mod... Minetweaking it for balance, without removing the huge amount of materials you can find in a terrain generated structure would be pretty much impossible, in my opinion. But eh, what do I know about life.
that is true cause once you kill some mobs you get material for pretty powerful armour, just don't mix it with infernal mobs

Reactions: ThomazM

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Hunger overhaul+Pam's Harvestcraft ik a lot of packs have them but most of my friends hate it because they just starve to death every other minute, I do think they are a special few mods that got better updating to 1.7.10

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Hunger overhaul+Pam's Harvestcraft ik a lot of packs have them but most of my friends hate it because they just starve to death every other minute, I do think they are a special few mods that got better updating to 1.7.10
I love those mods. I always hated the whole more food than i'd ever eat and filling up barrels with food thing. I like actually making food. It's even better with Spice of Life.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I have to agree with the mention of Mekanism. Dire's spotlight is nearly two years old, but it's still the top result if you search for a Mekanism spotlight on YouTube, so most people never look beyond that to see how much it's changed and improved since then. And I find it odd that, while Mekanism is really popular on the ATLauncher (it's in most of the major packs), it's almost completely absent from FTB.

Reactions: RedBoss

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
Special AI. It's so awesome, and still terrible mods like Orespawn are ten times more popular. Orespawn is the most unbalanced mod I've ever seen.

PS: My mods are also overlooked...
I think orespawn could be balanced be it would need to be minetweaked a lot. I mean A LOT. But that's a conversation for another time

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I think metallurgy 4. I like the extra ores and alloys it adds to the game.
Aye, and with ExtraTiC it makes TiCon a LOT better, and makes their tools last a lot longer; not in terms of durability, but in the longevity of their usefulness. I still have a tartarite/thaumium longsword somewhere that beats the crap out of my awakened ichorium sword in terms of raw damage.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, and with ExtraTiC it makes TiCon a LOT better, and makes their tools last a lot longer; not in terms of durability, but in the longevity of their usefulness. I still have a tartarite/thaumium longsword somewhere that beats the crap out of my awakened ichorium sword in terms of raw damage.
that's what the mod is called I usually add metallurgy to packs with TiCon and I couldn't remember what ExtraTiC was called, thanks that's gonna help alot

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
The steampower mode is a really good one, altough it can not be automated, since it has no control. The oteher 2 pressure mods can be left alone (hydraulicraft stops if you reach max pressure, pneumaticraft can be controlled with redstone). This one can't be left alone, whitout the danger of loosing all pressure in the system. If it could at least output redstone depending on its pressure, than it could be controlled.

Admittedly the first thing I do whenever I install a new mod is immediately shut down minecraft and check out the config file. My personal instance is extremely well tailored to my preferences :)

I did that with ticon once. All the world was superfun, and i had no idea why.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to play a "full" 1.7.10 pack (no HQM, has tons of tech and magic, and cosmetic/vanity mods to make one's base look better), then you'd be hard-pressed to find a pack more polished than Infitech2. The pack has received considerable config and script tweaking and is as balanced as any pack I've ever played. Pretty much everything is possible, given enough time and resources. If there are any exploits/cheats/OP mechanics, those are rooted out. The end result is a very polished pack with a consistent play experience.

Worlds can easily last 1,000+ hours of gameplay without getting bored, i.e. tons of mainline content to be done.

I've played every FTB pack since Ultimate, and I've never enjoyed a pack as long as this one.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
If you want to play a "full" 1.7.10 pack (no HQM, has tons of tech and magic, and cosmetic/vanity mods to make one's base look better), then you'd be hard-pressed to find a pack more polished than Infitech2. The pack has received considerable config and script tweaking and is as balanced as any pack I've ever played. Pretty much everything is possible, given enough time and resources. If there are any exploits/cheats/OP mechanics, those are rooted out. The end result is a very polished pack with a consistent play experience.
Assuming you like GregTech of course.

Reactions: RedBoss

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Highlands. In every one of my worlds thus far, lakes have been uber-prevalent. IDK why. But when I used the highlands world generation, *bam* no more random lakes.
Plus, the biomes aren't half bad themselves. I'd think they rival BOP...

Also, Engineer's Toolbox. Why stick with preformatted machines when you can just make your own? (Within reasonable limits, of course.)

Finally, MobProperties. This basically allows you to change any of the mobs in the entire game with modifiers to health, drops, strength... it's really good for enhancing your experience.

Reactions: Ember Quill