What is YOUR most important mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Just remembered so was AE.[DOUBLEPOST=1396970105][/DOUBLEPOST]

But what do you do for a mod like RI, Mekanism or Buildcraft? One that's got modules.

Hmm. If modules are optional, they don't count :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. If modules are optional, they don't count :p

So for RI I could have UE Core, Calclavia Core, FML and one RI module. That excludes so many features. Also with Mekanism you can't generate power without one module, making most of the mod redundant.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooh actually, I think I might have to go with NEI, because I don't know half the vanilla recipes, and I can enjoy vanilla if I play with the right people ;)

Reactions: CptSpike

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Tough call. Blood Magic and Witchery are both incredible, but I don't think any single mod actually is as important as the interplay between them. For example, if all you had was AE you'd never need AE.

Similarly, NEI is like, um, really not necessary if you're just playing vanilla. You can keep every vanilla recipe in your head without trouble.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
MFR is the stepchild for sure. TE is very humble indeed. AE is useless without other mods, which leaves TiCo as the brilliant show off.
Could not be more wrong. TiC is the Redheaded Stepchild since it throws all other tool mods for a loop with it's new style of balance(which isn't all that balanced in the end). AE is indeed the one with dependency issues(unless you turn off energy needs but then it's so damn OP it's also a Redheaded Stepchild). TE3 is the Genius Showoff, actually, as it is a game changer and a great one at that, but aside from the Reactant Dynamo, it has nothing unique to it's name. MFR is actually the humble one who gets shit done, as it's actually kinda low-key with what it does, but it does it well.

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Mine is definitely rotarycraft, its all encompassing, from item storage to auto mining and farming. Can be used early game up until end game. Also adds insane bedrock tools.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Mine is definitely rotarycraft, its all encompassing, from item storage to auto mining and farming. Can be used early game up until end game. Also adds insane bedrock tools.
I very almost agree with this, but I'm putting this mod on the backburner till it offers more optimization (if ever). Its reactorCraft offspring needs the option to not emit steam blocks (they're unnecessary and you can replicate 100% of the realism with a two or three-tall steam multiblock and save a ton of resources). Optimization in Rotary/Reactor is a must before servers start allowing it more.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Could not be more wrong. TiC is the Redheaded Stepchild since it throws all other tool mods for a loop with it's new style of balance(which isn't all that balanced in the end). AE is indeed the one with dependency issues(unless you turn off energy needs but then it's so damn OP it's also a Redheaded Stepchild). TE3 is the Genius Showoff, actually, as it is a game changer and a great one at that, but aside from the Reactant Dynamo, it has nothing unique to it's name. MFR is actually the humble one who gets shit done, as it's actually kinda low-key with what it does, but it does it well.

TE? Showoff?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
So for RI I could have UE Core, Calclavia Core, FML and one RI module. That excludes so many features. Also with Mekanism you can't generate power without one module, making most of the mod redundant.

Hmm OK I'll let you have modules. You make a valid point about Mek.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Iron Chests or InventoryTweaks. I don't particularly enjoy the other mods as much if I don't have a reasonable place to store things, or am always fumbling through inventories to sort them, or always having to swap in tools when they break (especially in the middle of a fight).

Reactions: RealSketch

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Iron Chests or InventoryTweaks. I don't particularly enjoy the other mods as much if I don't have a reasonable place to store things, or am always fumbling through inventories to sort them, or always having to swap in tools when they break (especially in the middle of a fight).

InventoryTweaks is a must, I'll give you that. I only use one diamond chest to hold quarry output until I make AE stuffs so I wouldn't mind losing it

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I very almost agree with this, but I'm putting this mod on the backburner till it offers more optimization (if ever). Its reactorCraft offspring needs the option to not emit steam blocks (they're unnecessary and you can replicate 100% of the realism with a two or three-tall steam multiblock and save a ton of resources). Optimization in Rotary/Reactor is a must before servers start allowing it more.
Rotarycraft isnt bad on servers, the lag is only from client side rendering

Bandito Keith

Jul 29, 2019
Mob Properties would have to be the one mod I can't do without. Good times being able to adjust any mob you see fit to your own twisted machinations.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Mob Properties would have to be the one mod I can't do without. Good times being able to adjust any mob you see fit to your own twisted machinations.

Never heard of it before. Can you make hybrids or just tweak existing mobs?