What is YOUR most important mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Tinkers Construct.

Early game, I get a smeltery on the go before I've even thought about a power source for machines from other mods.

Honourable mentions to AE (I seriously couldn't live without it mid/late game), MPS (because obviously) and Power Converters.

Reactions: KKeys

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo was a worthy contender for me too. It fits very nicely with vanilla I find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm...
TCon, i can -barely- stand without, if i have the correct mods for tools, but its definitely high on the list.
Blood magic is something that i love so much, i could live without TCon, if i had BM :p

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Never played with it. Don't you extract your own blood for things?

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
For me it would be thaumcraft one of my first priorities is establishing thaumcraft lab and doing research. This mod has everything ore doubling system automatation new armor and weapon and is self sufficient you can actually play with it without rellying on other mods. Yes it is harder but possible.

Reactions: DanteGalileo

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Since I've only seen it mentioned once, Blood Magic. Easily my number one mod in any world, and is capable of so much if used correctly.

Never played with it. Don't you extract your own blood for things?

For a bit it's required. Later on you can switch to mob sacrifice instead.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Since I've only seen it mentioned once, Blood Magic. Easily my number one mod in any world, and is capable of so much if used correctly.

For a bit it's required. Later on you can switch to mob sacrifice instead.

Seems like a coward's way out :p

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
If we're talking just content mods then my favorite is Railcraft. A bit more challenging if I don't have Buildcraft installed but still doable. Can I put a steam engine right up flush to a boiler? Hmmm... Not sure. Railctaft just really feels to me like it fits into the Minecraft world perfectly, though.

Otherwise I would do any one of Thaumcraft 4, AM2 and Witchery.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
right now, i would say thaumcraft. just because it has most of the most important functions covered. like flight and automation (golems). blood magic is still something I have yet to get properly into.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Any mod that provides quarry-style automated mining. The absence of that is a show stopper for me. I hadn't tried QuarryPlus until the most recent playthrough, and that's a great mod.

Also, I must mention compact windmills. Reliable - high - power output with (from what I could see) zero impact on TPS or FPS = exactly what I needed.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
For me it would be thaumcraft one of my first priorities is establishing thaumcraft lab and doing research. This mod has everything ore doubling system automatation new armor and weapon and is self sufficient you can actually play with it without rellying on other mods. Yes it is harder but possible.

I usually play with only one or two content mods at a time plus some others like Iron Chests, NEI and Inventory Tweaks and IMHO, if you were only playing with Thaumcraft you wouldn't really even need the ore doubling aspect of it.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I usually play with only one or two content mods at a time plus some others like Iron Chests, NEI and Inventory Tweaks and IMHO, if you were only playing with Thaumcraft you wouldn't really even need the ore doubling aspect of it.

How do you manage without a half hour loading time that comes with 100+ mods :p

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
How do you manage without a half hour loading time that comes with 100+ mods :p

I just feel like a lot of the mods kinda cancel each other out.. Am I really going to spend my limited play time working towards an axe of the stream when I can ha e an infinitely repairable tico lumber axe on day two? So I won't play with tico and tc4 installed eg.

I only have one or two big mods (that don't step on each other's toes much) at a time installed but I play on hardcore so I still play all the mods I like plenty, relative to my play time.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I just feel like a lot of the mods kinda cancel each other out.. Am I really going to spend my limited play time working towards an axe of the stream when I can ha e an infinitely repairable tico lumber axe on day two? So I won't play with tico and tc4 installed eg.

I only have one or two big mods (that don't step on each other's toes much) at a time installed but I play on hardcore so I still play all the mods I like plenty, relative to my play time.
Tried having a hardcore server once. Mates all died within hours. Good times.