What does YOUR Power Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
well, its not as advanced as everyone else's is:
2013-08-02_123513_zps7bb6650e.png

whats that, you thought i was serious about that? HAHAHAHAH, here's my REAL power gen system:
2013-08-02_123830_zps912be779.png

and of course, a steel tank almost full of steam:
2013-08-02_123938_zps2f808262.png

(this is a test world btw, the server i usually play on is down)
Nice, but if you're in survival it's advisable to not store steam.
Also, I see you took advantage of tinkers construct heart canisters. So I'm not the only one ;)

Willsy

Jul 29, 2019
Back to basics with a set of good ol' combustions, and some maggies.
1oOm2BB.png

And my soon to be bio-fuel boiler room, plan on adding more boilers.
svR6l0f.png

I would create more illustrious power rooms...but i can't, stone brick stairs is good for me.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Back to basics with a set of good ol' combustions, and some maggies.
1oOm2BB.png

And my soon to be bio-fuel boiler room, plan on adding more boilers.
svR6l0f.png

I would create more illustrious power rooms...but i can't, stone brick stairs is good for me.

Hello, Faithful32! Haven't seen you in a while. How are you, you gorgeous texture pack, you?
Also JFC what the hell is that FOV? It looks weird as hell.

Willsy

Jul 29, 2019
Also JFC what the hell is that FOV? It looks weird as hell.
Why that be quake pro... because i am totally pro.
Also Faithful is "Fabby fun" as Miranda would say

EDIT: Forgot about Reginald the fuel boiler
jUC22KR.png

EpicCenter

Jul 29, 2019
I have a perpetual power system that can make enough juice to power itself to make more juice than it needs to run off of. I will post a pic tomorrow. I also uses steves carts! It also is run partially off of a skelly trap, and is compatable with all three mindcrack, ultimate, and unleashed.

EpicCenter

Jul 29, 2019
How do you convert to EU directly from MJ if you don't mind me asking? Probably something I completely glanced over and disregarded in mistake...
This can be done via a pneumatic generator upgrade, allowing for mj use in an eu consuming machine

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
This can be done via a pneumatic generator upgrade, allowing for mj use in an eu consuming machine
That question was asked in November of last year, just FYI. It has been answered many times since then. Why did you quote a year-old post in a thread that's been dead for two months?

Action1w

Jul 29, 2019
HI all figured I would add to the power plant post.

This is only 1 section of the power plant way to massive to get one picture of all of it.

Thanks

Action1w

Attachments

• the steam section of the power plant room.jpg
    the steam section of the power plant room.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 308

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well I build my base inside the natural boundaries of the crown of a redwood tree, so space is a bit scarce. So doesn't have any one power room as such. So the different power sources are kinda spread out where ever I was able to fit them in, and some (like boiler) had to go down under the roots of the tree where there was space for it. So a lot of stuff is hidden/obscured by other stuff to be very photogenic. I guess the most interesting to look at are these:
1WtQKmV.png

40 Biogas engines in one vertical tower fueled by Ethanol. Controlled to only switch on when boiler is maxed out(Left Range Trigger). The right Range Trigger makes sure the engines wait till power in the energy cells have dropped by a substantial amount so the engines can run for a prolonged time, in order to not waste lava from engines flickering on and off.

UT5HoDL.png

79(I think) Magmatic engines in 2 vertical towers. Also controlled with a Range trigger to only activate once boiler+biogas engines are maxed out.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my simple power setup. (It's temporary, hollowing out a mountain takes time).

Picture 1: http://i.imgur.com/56OwRPa.png
Those combustion engines are my main source of power. I spawned near a good fifteen oil wells and, after comparing the efficiency of various fuel burning sources I decided that combustion engines are highly underrated and, a far better source of power than I had originally perceived. I built those steam dynamos as a test, they're pretty cheap little engines. Everything is wired up through a series of Universal Cables from Mekanism.

Picture 2: http://i.imgur.com/sGMjDAt.png
Fuel is being provided to the combustion engines by fluid conduits from EnderIO, as is the redstone signal required to kick on the engines, carried by redstone conduits of course. I'm using transfer pipes from Extra Utilities to bring water to the engines as liquid transfer nodes can be upgraded via the mining upgrade.

Picture 3: http://i.imgur.com/30LJb4z.png
My ever present source of oil. On the other side of that tesseract is a buildcraft pump that's receiving power from a universal cable through the tesseract.

Picture 4: http://i.imgur.com/Ase6qyv.png
Everything is fed into an Energy Cube for easy converting.

Picture 5: http://i.imgur.com/6ELeioz.png
A small and, temporary wind turbine array. There's a stray advanced solar panel in the back there, constructed merely as a test. Wind turbines had proven to produce quite a bit of energy when placed at so high an altitude.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
My current (somewhat pitiful) power system. Two Mekanism Hydrogen Generators powered by two Electrolytic Converters being fed by a TE3 Aqueous Accumulator.

qqRWt1O.png

It's not that big yet and it doesn't generate massive amounts of energy, but it's enough to power my entire ore processing setup (seven machines in all) and the small Logistics Pipes network that I built to automate the whole system.

Jimmyh

Jul 29, 2019
HI all figured I would add to the power plant post.

This is only 1 section of the power plant way to massive to get one picture of all of it.

Thanks

Action1w

Does any one know what texture pack is being used in this screen shots. Thanks.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have an energy "room", I just have a shitload of solar panels strewn across a field (mekanism ones).

I guess if I ever get into rotarycraft I'll make an 11*11 and soundproof it because shit be loud, yo.