What do you Think is the Best/Most Useful Item/Block/Multi-Block Structure in FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Most Useful Object in FTB

• Total voters

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
With regards to the applied energistics inception business, I just wrote a program in computercraft as part of an experiment that creates another program using file.write. The program it creates then uses file.write to make a little save file for itself (it works too!). Just wanted to share that extra inception stuff is all.

Speaking of computercraft, have computers/turtles appeared on this list yet. They are very useful (if you don't mind using them) and applicable in almost any situation in the game, especially when you have addons like open peripherals.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
With regards to the applied energistics inception business, I just wrote a program in computercraft as part of an experiment that creates another program using file.write. The program it creates then uses file.write to make a little save file for itself (it works too!). Just wanted to share that extra inception stuff is all.

Speaking of computercraft, have computers/turtles appeared on this list yet. They are very useful (if you don't mind using them) and applicable in almost any situation in the game, especially when you have addons like open peripherals.
Which is exactly why i avoid them. Too cheap for the power they got. It's just not fun for me to make stuff with a tool i can have after 15mins of gameplay which is still one of the best until you delete your world...

Reactions: Padfoote

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
No one else had mentioned it.

The thing about Computer Craft is that the power is largely dependent on the ability to code. Those of us who are less capable of coding are less able to overpower the game with them. So it can be incredibly powerful in the hands of someone who codes well, but not so much in the hands of someone who's required to use just what other people have written.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Most useful or more desirable?

Most useful - a crafting table, you're stuffed without it.
Most desirable - hell loads of em

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Which is exactly why i avoid them. Too cheap for the power they got. It's just not fun for me to make stuff with a tool i can have after 15mins of gameplay which is still one of the best until you delete your world...

With ComputerCraft for me, it's less about power and more about time. I have spent waaaay more time writing and especially debugging Lua code than I could have spent building power to balance it out.

Granted, if you just copy someone else Lua's code (which is perfectly fine - I don't mind if someone copies my Lua code) and uses it without paying some "price", yeah, balance is kind of an issue. Personally, I think turtles need to use more fuel. They are too cheap to fuel.[DOUBLEPOST=1393348069][/DOUBLEPOST]
No one else had mentioned it.

The thing about Computer Craft is that the power is largely dependent on the ability to code. Those of us who are less capable of coding are less able to overpower the game with them. So it can be incredibly powerful in the hands of someone who codes well, but not so much in the hands of someone who's required to use just what other people have written.

Could not agree more. ComputerCraft is very fun when I'm writing the code. It's still very useful when I'm using someone else's code, but it's a different experience for sure.

Reactions: Padfoote

Kocyk

Jul 29, 2019
Woodworker from Extra Trees. Amount of possibilities for aesthetic builds is glorious.