1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you Think is the Best/Most Useful Item/Block/Multi-Block Structure in FTB

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by sporemasterjw, Feb 23, 2014.

?

Most Useful Object in FTB

1. ME System

61.4%
  2. IC2 FIllers/Builders/Ect.

2.9%
  3. Buildcraft Engines/Machines

2.9%
  4. Thaumcraft Wands/Golems

5.7%
  5. Tinkerers' Construct

14.3%
  6. Other Mod's Items

12.9%
  1. AndreMaartens

AndreMaartens Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DanteGalileo

DanteGalileo Well-Known Member

Yeah. If I had had any idea my funny little comment would have... Well... Forget it. Lesson learned.

3. TangentialThreat

TangentialThreat Well-Known Member

Building a massive AE system is fun. Automate all the things!

After your system grows for a while and you get a wireless access terminal or remote orderer it does feel like clicking stuff in from NEI or creative. However, with the tools and spells and features you're eventually going to reach the point where you're even more free to create than a creative mode player in vanilla. You also worked for it, and it was fun to work on it.

4. AndreMaartens

AndreMaartens Member

Place ALL the Blocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Wekmor

Wekmor Well-Known Member

probs Tinker's Constructs' tools or Extra Utilities.

6. ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking Too Much Free Time

That picture seems familiar...

7. trajing

trajing Obsessed with Ruby

Why, yes it does. I believe it was posted by you in that thread in your sig...

8. kleshas

kleshas Active Member

AE's autocrafting capability. BC's Quarry, GT's ultimate industrial grinder.

9. ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking Too Much Free Time

Thats's the joke.jpg
    Also notice how relevant the picture is to our mini thread? xD

AndreMaartens and YX33A like this.
  10. twisto51

twisto51 Popular Member

You need to go to the next level, use the wireless terminal while playing minecraft on a tablet.

11. kaovalin

kaovalin Well-Known Member

Then remote into that tablet using a virtual machine you connect to on the go with your mobile.

12. YX33A

YX33A Over-Achiever

I didn't post a response, but I get the first part of your post, but your reference went a bit over my head.
    Seems you mean it's a bit too much like an Inception. You're building items in Minecraft, on your computer, by going to your computer in game and pressing buttons.

Likewise, I don't really like AE's Autocrafting, but the sever room feels are worth it for me. Even if it's the only "tech" mod in my game, I'd love it still.

13. DanteGalileo

14. YX33A

YX33A Over-Achiever

So yes, one or two layers too deep. Also figures I'd miss that reference since I never watched The Office as much as I knew I should.

15. kaovalin

Don't worry, I never really saw more than 20 minutes of the show either. From what I saw, I disagree anyone should :)

16. DanteGalileo

That was totally my immediate response when I saw the reaction my original post had -- that I should have gone even deeper. ;)

17. kaovalin

Well Alice, if we've already gone down the rabbit's hole we might as well poke fun at the mock turtle am I right?

On topic, I think I'm going to work a system to run my base on nether stars and milk inside a reactant dynamo. I will call it the lucky charms generator. Never mind about the bagillion other mashmellows for this analogy, the stars were clearly the healthiest part of that cereal.

18. YX33A

YX33A Over-Achiever

Nether stars go in the reactant dynamo?! Did not know this. I was once going to power my base with blood magic and not much else, but a mod added a dynamo that eats essentia to produce RF(Technomancy), so I'm likely going to use that instead.

19. kaovalin

http://ftbwiki.org/Dynamo

6.4 million RF per star

20. PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs Forum Addict Trusted User

Yes. Clearly you are the only person who has realised that.