What do you Think is the Best/Most Useful Item/Block/Multi-Block Structure in FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Most Useful Object in FTB

• Total voters

AndreMaartens

Jul 29, 2019
I refuse to stand at my CPU terminal and craft virtual goods by having my avatar stand at a CPU terminal crafting virtual goods.

It's too much like Dwight Schrute playing Second Life as a Scranton paper salesman who plays Second, Second Life.
gupameda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Building a massive AE system is fun. Automate all the things!

After your system grows for a while and you get a wireless access terminal or remote orderer it does feel like clicking stuff in from NEI or creative. However, with the tools and spells and features you're eventually going to reach the point where you're even more free to create than a creative mode player in vanilla. You also worked for it, and it was fun to work on it.

AndreMaartens

Jul 29, 2019
Building a massive AE system is fun. Automate all the things!

After your system grows for a while and you get a wireless access terminal or remote orderer it does feel like clicking stuff in from NEI or creative. However, with the tools and spells and features you're eventually going to reach the point where you're even more free to create than a creative mode player in vanilla. You also worked for it, and it was fun to work on it.

Place ALL the Blocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I refuse to stand at my CPU terminal and craft virtual goods by having my avatar stand at a CPU terminal crafting virtual goods.

It's too much like Dwight Schrute playing Second Life as a Scranton paper salesman who plays Second, Second Life.
I didn't post a response, but I get the first part of your post, but your reference went a bit over my head.
Seems you mean it's a bit too much like an Inception. You're building items in Minecraft, on your computer, by going to your computer in game and pressing buttons.

Likewise, I don't really like AE's Autocrafting, but the sever room feels are worth it for me. Even if it's the only "tech" mod in my game, I'd love it still.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't post a response, but I get the first part of your post, but your reference went a bit over my head.
Seems you mean it's a bit too much like an Inception. You're building items in Minecraft, on your computer, by going to your computer in game and pressing buttons.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
So yes, one or two layers too deep. Also figures I'd miss that reference since I never watched The Office as much as I knew I should.

Don't worry, I never really saw more than 20 minutes of the show either. From what I saw, I disagree anyone should :)

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
That was totally my immediate response when I saw the reaction my original post had -- that I should have gone even deeper. ;)

Well Alice, if we've already gone down the rabbit's hole we might as well poke fun at the mock turtle am I right?

On topic, I think I'm going to work a system to run my base on nether stars and milk inside a reactant dynamo. I will call it the lucky charms generator. Never mind about the bagillion other mashmellows for this analogy, the stars were clearly the healthiest part of that cereal.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well Alice, if we've already gone down the rabbit's hole we might as well poke fun at the mock turtle am I right?

On topic, I think I'm going to work a system to run my base on nether stars and milk inside a reactant dynamo. I will call it the lucky charms generator. Never mind about the bagillion other mashmellows for this analogy, the stars were clearly the healthiest part of that cereal.
Nether stars go in the reactant dynamo?! Did not know this. I was once going to power my base with blood magic and not much else, but a mod added a dynamo that eats essentia to produce RF(Technomancy), so I'm likely going to use that instead.