What do you Think is the Best/Most Useful Item/Block/Multi-Block Structure in FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Most Useful Object in FTB

• Total voters

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
As I said, I've never used it. Or ComputerCraft, for example.

I feel like mods like that look and feel completely out of place in a game like Minecraft.
Tip: Try before you judge.

EDIT: I used to feel like that about gun mods, but they are pretty useful if their stuff isn't too OP and easy to get.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Tip: Try before you judge.

EDIT: I used to feel like that about gun mods, but they are pretty useful if their stuff isn't too OP and easy to get.

I don't have enough time in the day to try everything before I decide whether or not I want to dedicate a lot of time to them. Who does?

Anyway, I'm not trying to sell anybody on anything. It's just how I play it. I only play hardcore anyway and usually die to a creeper or poison long before I would need some high tech gadget to categorize my stuff as I typically don't have that much stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1393176611][/DOUBLEPOST]
how is that related? it still looks random me.

Ok.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics/MAC, For mid/end game item crafting and the amount of those items I would have ragequit the game otherwise. Not to mention with AE and its ability to communicate with machines it means my bases are not just a one level platform with random machines clumped together. I can actually make an efficient array of machines without the need of them being right next to one another.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to make sure here, but you do know that there is more to Applied energistics than the MAC/autocrafting, yes? The best part about that mod is the elimination of the whole 'where did I put that' chest hunt.
Gods, yes, the joy of not needing to look through fifty double chests with NEI in Filter Mode just to find 5 separate items with non-matching names.

That being said, I voted for TE4 Wands/Golems. Golems got a HELL of a boost in TC4 and I love it.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
AE storage is the first thing I work on in a world. Before a quarry or bees or anything. I am like soaryn.. I make messy chests everywhere. Cant clean in real life either lol. AE is a god send for me.. I can just search for what I want.. Now there are three features that make AE my favorite mod.. First is the crafting terminal.. You can shift click from nei and it will pull items from the entire network to fill the recipie. This makes chain crafting really easy. Second as mentioned it allows you to search for items etc. And finally probably the most important is the automation of ores and machines. Autocrafting is cool but thats not where its at for me... I like being able to have all my ores be processed by AE and sorted into the system automatically. That makes it just uber imo.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
AE storage is the first thing I work on in a world. Before a quarry or bees or anything. I am like soaryn.. I make messy chests everywhere. Cant clean in real life either lol. AE is a god send for me.. I can just search for what I want.. Now there are three features that make AE my favorite mod.. First is the crafting terminal.. You can shift click from nei and it will pull items from the entire network to fill the recipie. This makes chain crafting really easy. Second as mentioned it allows you to search for items etc. And finally probably the most important is the automation of ores and machines. Autocrafting is cool but thats not where its at for me... I like being able to have all my ores be processed by AE and sorted into the system automatically. That makes it just uber imo.
I try to be neat but with the amount of things in ftb and all the recipes with a remaining mat left fills up my chests way too fast. What i do with processing is automatically process ores and have chests of various sizes set to stay full of things like glass and other things that are used offen so that its almost instant crafting.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I like AE for the ability to access my entire chest room inventory from one block. I could use drives, but chests look much nicer. That said, when I need to find something, searching them all one by one can take the better part of a play session.

My vote then must go to one thing. The Angel Block. Seriously, am I the only one who's realized that two of these render pillaring up obsolete?

Reactions: hiroshi42

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Gah, forgot about the angel block. and the elevator blocks and blackout curtains. Too many shiny things for me to play favorites.

Reactions: kaovalin

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
NEI is the best mod IMO, but the best ingame blocks/items to me has to be from TE3. Its such a great foundation for other mods too and the startup costs arent terrible.

Reactions: MigukNamja

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
The builder is bugged and disabled as well so its use is limited to looking tempting in NEI. I hear that it might be restored to working order in buildcraft 5 though.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand how a whole ME-system is a item/block/multi-block, when it's basically the whole mod?
Same with "Tinker's Construct", it's not a item/block but a whole mod.

item: stone pickaxe, you can bypass the wooden pickaxe with a creeper explosion of stone, but to let a creeper explode near iron is really hard and otherwise you are stuck, nearly impossible to play without it
block: crafting table, can't play without it
multi-block: railcraft steel tank, imo not worth storing liquid elsewhere with 32 buckets per block

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My Item vote goes to the Golden Lasso from Extra Utilities. It's not too cheap, but it's not too over-powered either. Just removes the hassle of leading animals with wheat/seeds whatever to the farms.

Multi-block vote is a tough one, because there are a lot of them. I'd have to go with the Railcraft Steam Oven. It cooks nine items at a time, can be powered off of even a 1x1x2 LP steam boiler and cooks those nine things faster than a furnace.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I voted AE, but that's just most useful mod to me.
The drums from Extra Utilities are amazing, being able to store 256 buckets in one block.
As far as multiblock, a Big Reactor.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
TC 4 Infusion Altar

It has the best and most complex crafting mechanic of any system, IMHO, and none of it involves a GUI. You can literally see your item being made and there is strong encouragement to make it the best and best-looking Infusion Altar you can make.[DOUBLEPOST=1393264551][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gods, yes, the joy of not needing to look through fifty double chests with NEI in Filter Mode just to find 5 separate items with non-matching names.

That being said, I voted for TE4 Wands/Golems. Golems got a HELL of a boost in TC4 and I love it.

You're gonna love TC 4.1, then. Golems are easier (faster) to get into and you don't need Lore Fragments to unlock the advanced 'warrior' research topics like the armor and visor.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking