What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
speaking of squids, i found out that calamari is one of the best early game food sources until you get a healing axe (which restores hunger at no price)

I was living off of meat ingots for a long time - mostly because I had them after having to make a Pink Slime Crystal. Actually doing rather well in the 'normal' food department, too, considering how often my ungrateful farm animals glitch out of their nice safe pens. (Kill the escapees, breed the ones that stay in the pen.)

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing in VR using Vivecraft, and today I discovered that not only can you hold the bow sideways, it's actually easier to aim this way.

I also discovered (from this thread, no less), that Ender IO has a 1.12 release.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm playing in VR using Vivecraft, and today I discovered that not only can you hold the bow sideways, it's actually easier to aim this way.

I also discovered (from this thread, no less), that Ender IO has a 1.12 release.

Been curious about this. I've run Win10 version in VR before, but how does Vivecraft compare? And are you still able to play modpacks?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The Lifecycle Acceleration Frame from ChromatiCraft massively speeds up the turnover of bees (queens lives are very much shortened) making it a lot less tedious - and it only requires the second tier of ChC item creation, runecrafting.

Neat.

Reactions: LordPINE and Pyure

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
**WARNING: Spoilers for Continuum!*

There is a recipe in the phytogenic insolator for turning certus quartz seeds into fully grown pure certus quartz using glowstone as the fertiliser. That’s really nice :D

Reactions: KingTriaxx

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Well, that was in FTB Revelation, so I'm not exactly surprised.
Oh. Well, never mind then.

We can make Seared Stone by putting Stone in a TiCo Smeltery. It changed my life.
Yeah! This came up in Regrowth, back in 1.7 - the grout recipe was removed, so you had to use cobble in a smelting machine (in the case of that pack, from Mariculture) and use that to get the seared stone for a Smeltery. And once you had a small smeltery you could then melt more stone and make it bigger!

C

Citron

Yeah! This came up in Regrowth, back in 1.7 - the grout recipe was removed, so you had to use cobble in a smelting machine (in the case of that pack, from Mariculture) and use that to get the seared stone for a Smeltery. And once you had a small smeltery you could then melt more stone and make it bigger!
I haven't play 1.7 that much (nobody wanted to play with me :l ), I came back with 1.10 then 1.12 modpacks :D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 has announced that EnderIO and Thaumcraft will be added to the next update of the DW20 pack in the next week or so.

Finally! Thank you Direwolf20, even tho I've always viewed him and his videos as being more for beginner players who are learning, this shows that it isn't always the case. Since there are no other major big-name packs with these mods in them, Dire's modpack will definitely get some play from me in the coming weeks, just so I can finally see these two ESSENTIAL mods that have been missing from v1.12.2 modpacks

P.S. I see this post was made on May 4, two weeks ago... I wonder if DW20 pack has already been updated? Twitch still shows me that the last modpack update was on March 14. What is Dire waiting for?

C

Citron

Placing a Market makes a falling villager. Falling from the sky. With the "iiiiiiiiiii" sound.
Removing the Market makes the villager "pouf". With the particles effect.

It made my day :'D

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame